SC Lost Swords; Ivy tricks (how to spam the AI and never lose)

Aurongroove

[08] Mercenary
Sorry Mods I don't know where to put this, is all Lost Swords topics going to be under SC Casual?
It might be too useless a game to make an entire sub forum for.

I found it difficult to work with lvy until I worked out these AI blind spots. Everyone in this game has been turned back into "soul blade" characters; longer strings, and options like bba or bbb. Poorly designed "mortal Kombat" style AI: they destroy if you try to play fair, but fall for the same rubbish every time if you spam.

Don't use Ivy's aaa, bbb or bba: aaa has a slow last hit, bbb and bba have whiffy last hits (prone to missing)

It's all about her aab and bbA (b,b: hold A)

General tips:

3b is now a launcher on NH (if it hits you always get a 6b8, no question)
6B is a launcher.
6kb does SCV "CH" on NH

When you just Soul Break an opponent, and they do the "spin around" stun 6B+K give damage plus a free back grab at almost any range.
Using this correctly wipes out an opponent in one hit after Soul Breaking.
if the opponent was facing backward when you Soul Break, (a likelihood with the bbA vacuum) 6B+K will just hit normally, so use it to enter back into the vaccum, or do something more damaging.

aab, on NH gives you a combo into b+k or 2K (CH give you a 6b8)
aab, 2k keeps them close (oki)
aab, b+k if you just need the extra damage

bb[A] works like a infinite vacuum:

bbA: bbA: bbA (etc) in infinite loop that even harder difficultly AI 90% fails to break out from,

(bb)A: aab 6k8 in an 'actual' combo

bbA: Chaotic Symphony (weapon art with Calamity symphony animation) always hits, maybe a human opponent might be able to duck, but the AI never does.

bbA: 41236a+g very successful and excellent damage.

bbA: 6kb is another 90%er and is your go to "non elemental" option, (kicks and throw are not considered elemental, so only the middle hit of the three will be reduced damage)

bbA[6]: give extra damage and leaves Ivy back turned: if you time it so the [6] soul bursts the enemy you get a 2B+K tech/reset, providing you time it right:
bbA, bbA, (etc) (when almost SB) bbA[6], (SB!), 2B+K, 2B+K, 6b8*

Her weapon art that resembles SCV's wr,a+b, b, 6b8 whiffs regularly on back-turned opponents (the 6b8 part misses).
But if you hit a floating opponent it locks in a full juggle (they cannot seem to air escape) eg:
(backturn) 2b+k, 2b+k, Weapon Art!
is strict timing but fully connects.

Use 3A as your long range poke; It's mid, tracking and gives a stun/combo on CH, and for some reason, the AI seems to be retarded about punishing it.

They also never seem to know what to do about 66b,b: I think the AI still treat it like 'BE' from SCV.
They very often get hit by the 2nd move even after blocking the first.

The input for 41236a+g seems to prefer you press the a+g after reaching 6, i.e., it's "41236,a+g" not "41236+a+g"

spammy spammy.

Last edited:
41236a+g is probably her handiest move in this game,
use if after bbA, 6b+k/B+K, after 66A and after soulbursting, there no point doing anything else, it's huge damage and I've never seen it properly defended. plus because the damage is staggered, you don't "waste" much damage: it's starts chipping down the next health bar as soon as it appears.

Back