SCIV: Amy Strategies and Setups

I am loving Amy's 4A+B UB. The cancel games are just too good. My major use for it currently is as a tech trap after 2A+B. Can be escaped with back tech due to her short range but the mind games are too strong.

They stand there? They eat it.
They stay grounded? Since it cancels automatically into 236 do KK_K:A.
They step? Do 236's A.
They try to interrupt? Try A+B or B+K.

It's just way too good not to be used where appropriate. It just came to me one night and has been workin' wonders since.

Heh, I fucking hate when people actually know how to use that move. What makes it even worse is that 95% of the scrubs I get to face online don't even know it can be cancelled.

B+K 6:6BA is like mits 2KB, just because it can be JF Ukemi it doesn't mean you shouldn't use it. You can also just do 6:6B, bait them to JF Ukemi then mix up after. 2B+K 66A+B is guaranteed, except when you hit 2B+K while standing to the right of the opponent, the body falls sideways making 66A+B miss. 2B+K FC3B is garbage, don't use it. 2B+K 66A+B gives the best wake up position, 2B+K 6A+BA is the best all purpose follow up. Its both a combo and a tech trap. About the same damage as 66A+B, 5 more damage if your opponent techs, but they get to get up standing, however, you are at a clear advantage (basically they just eat the full 6A+BA while standing). There may be certain odd angles where both 2B+K 66A+B/6A+BA whiffs, if you are that bothered by whiffing, just do 33B after, I never had that move whiffed after 2B+K.

Hey, I'm new to this forum, and the game, really.

I've played other fighting games before, so I understand basic strategic concepts, but what I'd like to know is, as a prospective Amy player, what should I get down in order to improve? I've read the guides, what I'm looking for is advice from experienced players: What should I use to approach? What's a good move to fish with? To zone with? What's her mixup game like? If there's a throw-mixup element to her approach, what kinds of ticks and baits should I use to get one off? Who are good players to watch in videos? (If you also saw this post in the Seong Mina forums, then yes, I did copy-paste it, as that seemed easier)

Anyway, hopefully I'm not being too annoying with this, and if a moderator thinks it's out of place, I wouldn't object to it being moved. Thanks for any advice in advance.

well this is certainly the place for said questions. being as, although all somewhere, answers may be hard to find i'll try and help you out with some quick if not thorough ideas.

amy is FASTFASTFAST so keep in mind that you are often gonna try and interrupt whatever your opponent is doing. her best option for this is 6bb. learn the 6bb236 mixups well. trying to fish? try back/side stepping and punishing any resulting whiffs with a good old 44a+b~b+k~44a+b combo to make them think twice. aa spammers? do same combo. learn to mix 3ba with 3b3b and 3b~2b+k. throw mixup? lol worst throw game ever. although i have a surprising amount of luck with 4a+b~G~throw. her best zoning tool and arguable her best move overall is 33b. it is safe, fast, and leaves you right where you wanna be. check the combo thread for options off of it as she has many for different situations. oh and, of course, 1a. learn it, live it, love it.

for videos your best place to get ideas is from syxx's combo videos. they are excellent. players to look for in videos include...but are not limited to...alex j, STD, cordy, thuggish_pond...shit there are many good amy players with videos floating around out there.

hope this helps...in the future more specific single questions would probably get more specific and useful responses.

ok....honestly, learn from the following peoples

Lobo, STD, Syxx, and me....and drake aldan....AND alex J.....but that's it!!!! NO ONE ELSE!!!!

all jokes aside,

amy is a great poker, learn her basic mid/low moves, and then apply your mindgames. That's the best advice i can give. i'm a 6:6B whore, (only because i can do that shit w/o thinking or putting in any effort) so alot of my shit revolves around that.....ok not really. But it does help me.

other than that. 2K wins championships....

Pretty much a useless move right now. Used to be a safe techtrap off 2B+K which was really nice but now its meh.

Amy's meatiest TJ move.. outside of A+K B.. (which isn't guaranteed most of the time, people just like to eat it) so if you see a slow low coming. Its an option.

I only use 8A+B to hit grounded occasionaly.
CH 4BB 8A+B will leave you BT. You could get in a BT B+K when the other player stands up, or BT 2K if he stays down. Its a risky thing to pull off though, since your BT B+K could be interupted or your opponent could back throw you.

EDIT: Screw that, if they roll back or to the side you won't end up BT. My mistake. xP

you can also mix 8A+B and 2A+B post 3BA as a tech-catch mix up. but I'd rather go for guarantees. In fact I just realized this thread name. Amy "strategies" and "set ups"? 2B+K 3BA is amy strategy. Run up is her set up. the rest is bullshit.
Srsly, I found a lot of stuff for amy, all of which is no use b/c her basic mix up is just better.

3B, B+K*A+B - is a good way to go, it parries JMP attacks after 3B gets blocked...
3B, 3A - is a tech crouch Mid for those scarred to hit Amy with a JMP K etc...
3BA - use this, safest and fastest Low option after 3B is blocked...
I thought 2B+K, 8A+B was a combo... I know 2A+B is an online low because of how slow it is but because it's only -14 on grd I don't see why you shouldn't use it on wake-up at least... After 8A+B hits grounded, 2A+B is uninterruptable, situations like that... I'm liking WR K alot, -14 on grd, TC's through the animation, hit's grounded, on hit 2A is a tech trap, I think 2A catches all directions...
What do you do (Lobo) after 6:6B, 6:6B (normal hit)...
After 6:6BA lands I ussually followup with 1A or another 6:6B...

Throw oki testing done on Amy. Listing what seem to be the most worthwhile options.

A throw
1B force block
6:6B force block
66A+B force block
if roll = 2B+K force block
if tech = 6B+K force block

B throw
if tech = 1A force block, 6B+K force block
if roll = 2B+K force block, 1B force block, 66:B force block

Left side throw
1B force block
66A+B force block