SCIV: Amy Vs

Ok I got a question for the big one that probably a lot tourney players will start seeing...

Amy vs Algol

How do you go about fighting him with Amy?

I dunno. I wish there was just ONE place to go for frame data. I'd be interested in seeing what is 66B able. I know his lows are not that great and most of them are pretty easy to read. My friend blocked that low kick one the first time he ever saw it. As far as the bubbles, don't get overly discouraged by them and let them control your game. They don't do a big amount of damage. DON'T run away from algol, however, because it will result in more bubbles. If you try to stay in medium to max BB range you should be OK. Maybe I'll take a look tonight and see what moves you can punish and maybe strings you can interupt with B+K

edit, they have some of the frame data for him on this site's WIKI

Any special strategies or things to look for when fighting Hilde with Amy? Besides the obvious "don't miss your attacks"?

I looked at this thread for the first time and figured since the only person I play in this game mains Kilik I should shoot a response to how I spank him around so easily.

Kilik is incredibly step-able. Almost his entire library of B moves are so telegraphed that you can just 22_88, 236~mix-up into how you play any character once you get inside. Almost all of his lows are really slow and jumpable, and if there's one thing that Amy's good at, it's punishing people when she comes down from a jump. When Kilik goes for the low slide with the staff(I think it's 33B[or 3B]) just A+K, B. If he's in range of you for his move, you can hop it and stab before he pulls it all the way back. Same applies for his over the shoulder to legsweep NCC. Block the high then A+K, B the low.

A lot of people use Kilik online because he slows down the game. He can not however slow down Amy. 236 is too good at getting you inside. Too many Kilik players rely on their library of B moves and just from the nature of his weapon it will allow you to get inside. If all you do is poke at me with a stick, I'm going to step once to my left or right then jump at you swinging.

P.S. Kilik's library of A moves are all mid. B+K, K launch into 66A+B or whatever you want for max effectiveness. Any of his A's that aren't mid are slow lows that you can jump and punish.

Any advice on how to fight Ivy with Amy? I am clueless on what to do, she just confuses me.

Do you remember the pattern that the Ivy used on you? Ivy may look really complicated, but after you learned her moveset you will be surprised that 90% of Ivy players do the same routine over and over again.

Use Ivy on training mode, try all her moveset once, then redo your opponent pattern with the basic moves you learned. There are always some "fake chain" that you can find to interrupt with BB or 6BB.

I seem to be having alot of trouble with Mitsurugi and Lizardman. Any advice on those? Especially Lizardman.

I seem to be having alot of trouble with Mitsurugi and Lizardman. Any advice on those? Especially Lizardman.

Not sure if i can give some advice on Mitsurugi since i'm still having some problems playing a decent Mitsurugi....My advice on Lizardman, is make him fear going to lizard crawl with Amy's A+K,K_A. I think that most of his "go-to" moves are mids so throwing out B+K on Lizardman shouldn't be that bad.. but that's just my take of the Lizardmen i've played so far.

B+K of course

if you anticipate wrB just B+K it like any other mid.

if you manage to block Asura you can B+K it right in the middle of the string.

... the problem is anticipating it in the first place... I'm still working on that.

I think step would be good for both though- don't quote me on that

well the dillema here is.. if you're expecting asura and you want to stay on offense, you want to use highs

but if you do a high, get hit by WS B

if you try to do a mixup out of 236, nothing out of that beats asura, including throws

1KA works alright against it though but who wants to revolve their game around that move unless they are just playing bad players?

I'll try to think of more ideas though

Try 88B (to your left). It's safe and a +7 on hit, plus it'll dodge and punish either option. If you are close enough, another option is 9K. It slams Asura down for oki damage and it can reach WS B if you weren't too far away.

The bonus of both of these moves is that they dodge other stuff as well.

Alright, I'll try those

it's not just some dude i'm playing here though, it's thuggish :(

Amy vs. Sieg? He happens to be really popular in my state and it'd be nice for some suggestions. Usually I try to play the wait and get in game but against the better ones, that just isn't going to happen.

Asura

-I'm pretty sure 66A gets past Kilik's Asura because of the delay.
-You can B+K the second and third hits I think
-Bait him into using it, block it, and get your Juggle. Its very unsafe.
-Sidestep

As ridiculous as it sounds, I've been having major troubles with Astaroth. Any tips? I know Impacting more is a great start (I don't GI often), but I think I need a bit more.

My biggest problem is against Mitsurugi. I always get owned by the same shit. Any tips for me?

clim...i find 66a+b very abusable vs asty. 6bb mixup the shit out of him up close...then if he gets away, turtle back and 8wr. wait for him to throw pretty much anything out and 8wr a+b him...then you are right back in there for moar 6bb mixups. i think he's a pretty easy matchup for my lil sexy.

well the dillema here is.. if you're expecting asura and you want to stay on offense, you want to use highs

but if you do a high, get hit by WS B

if you try to do a mixup out of 236, nothing out of that beats asura, including throws

1KA works alright against it though but who wants to revolve their game around that move unless they are just playing bad players?

I'll try to think of more ideas though

Hmm, I usually just guess when it's coming, sidestep > 33B it. The only problem is when you guess wrong, just like the B+K idea, but WS Bs from most players can be quite predictable. From a range, Asura can also be stepped easily in this manner.

Hmm... I'm not sure if this has been addressed somewhere else, but what about Amy vs. Voldo? I just can't seem to deal with Back Stance too well. Should I be using B+K or some other GI to watch for mixups? Or A+K to evade the random lows he keeps throwing out? Maybe I'm just not experienced enough against Voldo...

Back