SCIV Speech Files

With help from the guy on the other forum I've got a way of extracting the combat speech. I'll update the uploads later with all the speech per character.

http://www.tzarsectus.com/sc4-speech/ingame/ - Here you go.

It sounds like some voice files have a bit of distortion. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be like that (these are notably lower quality than the other speech anyway), or if something went wrong during the conversion process.

What I did to convert this was use a program called psound on the dtp files on the PS3 version of SC4. Sample rate was unknown but I figured out it had to be 28000 by comparing recorded sound from the game.

Sectus, are you doing this for other games? SSFIV? Blazblue? Marvel?
Sorry, I did this with SC4 since I specifically wanted speech from that. I know there's a way to replace speech in SF4 so I assume it's also possible to extract speech from it. Should be possible to find out by looking into the mod scene for that game.

Considering MvC3 uses same engine as RE5, I think extracting speech from that will be impossible right now since no one knows the format used. And Blazblue I've got zero experience with.

Hi!
First I just wanna say Thank You very much for sharing these with us because they are awesome!
I was looking for sound bites and things like that to no avail and then I stumbled upon this topic and found all these cool sounds. What music to me ears...well you get what I mean. -^^-
So yeah, these will do quite nicely for a Soul Calibur project I'm working on.

One thing I wanted to ask was if it were possible to extract the in game voice for the narrator for when he says thing like names,numbers (of rounds like "round 5" ),K.O.,Ringout, etc...?

What about the sound of weapons? Though I think that might be a bit of a daunting task.

Hope I don't sound greedy but I thought I'd ask. ^^;

Anyway thanks again! :D

Unfortunately, I don't know where those announcer lines are. I found all the weapons sounds, but I don't know the sample rate used. If you wanna mess around to figure out what the sample rate (it could be something obvious like 44,100), then here's the files for it: http://www.tzarsectus.com/sc4-speech/weapons.rar

Let me know if you find the correct sample rate.

Well that's ok.
Cool! I wasn't sure if it was possible to get the weapon sound bites.
As for the sample rate, I wish I could help you with that but I don't really know much about sample rates. ^^;
The only thing I do know so far is that from what I can tell there seems to be a lot of repeats of the same sounds from who I believe to be Ivy,Taki,Yoda,Voldo,Cervantes,Yoshi,and some others (like a scream and someone saying "SOUL" in a old school voice).

I know with a few that I've found I'll have use for. :]

Anyway, thanks again. ^^

Thanks a lot for sharing these! I think it's interesting to go through all these files and listen to dialogue that was cut from the game.

Also, I hope this isn't too much, but is there any chance you'd be able to find the dialogues from the characters' endings?

Hey! I'm not sure if anyone knows how, but do think it'd be possible to get Tira's voices from SC5? I'd appreciate it. :D

Back