SCV Live Broadcast On Thursday 12/22

Today, Daishi mentioned via Twitter that the next Soulcalibur V broadcast from their offices in Tokyo, Japan, will take place on Thursday, December 22nd. In this broadcast, the developers will be showcasing matches featuring Xiba, Yoshimitsu, Cervantes, and Aeon, along with something yet to be announced.

I will let the readers speculate on what else may be shown or announced during this broadcast, so make sure to tune in to the broadcast on Thursday and follow @Daishi_CALIBUR for all of the latest Soulcalibur V developments.

[media=xenmedio]3015[/media]

Last edited by a moderator:
Due to BITCHASS-BAMCO Project Soul had to split up. They busted their asses recreating the new team and to develop SCV

Furthermore it's not their obligation to spend their extra money making streams for us to view them playing and showing modes and shit, attending tournaments with SCV to let the community experience it, taking up their time getting interviewed by people who dont even speak their language, and etc., the list can go on for days. Be happy their is a Soul Calibur V and you can gain knowledge about the game before it comes out.

Noobish? Oh that's right, i forgot "real gamers" like to review tape over and over and over and over again in hopes that it will make them somehow more "competitive" lol. Tell you what "gamer" how about practicing in.....wait for it....PRACTICE MODE, that might help get you there quicker than watching the developers playing the game drunk on Saki or whatever the hell is making them giggle so much. Again, my point is the videos are fine and dandy and all, but with weeks to go, how about dropping some new game info. And as its been stated already, I guess that happens next week. (remains to be seen.)
before I begin I am neither hardcore casual nor hardcore competitive...I like to consider myself both because although I do love the characters, the story, and the casual elements I also like the gameplay, the tournaments, and the more competitive elements. I am merely a gamer of Soul Calibur.

Daishi *the developer* has confirmed on his twitter that "
There will ba a character reveal next week. Some modes will be revealed also. Until then, enjoy your christmas holidays everyone :)"
So yeah pretty sure the reveal is going to happen...the attitude you had in the last sentence was snarky and Daishi has not really said something and then gone back on his word.

I would also like to explain to you the problem of PRACTICE MODE since you seem to be unaware that the computer AI is predictable and exploitable. An AI program will do completely different things than an actual living breathing person would. An AI is likely to showcase the same moves. Considering the game is not out yet however the only way anyone interested in SCV can try to better themselves at the game (which is not even released) is to watch the streams and gameplay of other people and take notes...some people tend to have habits when playing, knowing the button combination can help. So although practice mode is good at learning the game it is a bit difficult to do that when the game is not out yet.

Noobish? Oh that's right, i forgot "real gamers" like to review tape over and over and over and over again in hopes that it will make them somehow more "competitive" lol. Tell you what "gamer" how about practicing in.....wait for it....PRACTICE MODE, that might help get you there quicker than watching the developers playing the game drunk on Saki or whatever the hell is making them giggle so much. Again, my point is the videos are fine and dandy and all, but with weeks to go, how about dropping some new game info. And as its been stated already, I guess that happens next week. (remains to be seen.)
Huh? I'd usually correct all the fail in this post, but you know what? I'm not even gonna waste my time here. You clearly are not gonna get it.

Just get the game and be happy, they honestly don't have to do all this.....pff scrubs
I actually agree with you on this. My point wasn't about that these videos arent helpful. What pisses me off though are the "gamers" who think just because I dont have the free time to go to competitions and sit in an auditorium full of nerd-stank for 3 days means i dont take the gameplay and mechanics seriously. I think its cool that Daishi and his ilk are having a good time and showing us actual gameplay. I'm sure there are things to be learned from it.

But, again, my point was just give us some new shit already. Now its been stated he will next week and thats that. I didnt mean for this to become a topic of hardcore "gamer" vs. casuals, cause to be honest I consider myself neither. I win MORE than my fair share online, AND i actually do like the Soul Calibur mythos and story. But it kills me how "gamers" get their panties in a bunch when you question the Allmighty Developers decision to sit on information to the brink of release!

Hmm...The thing is, you're knockin' them on things they didn't deliver on the stream like the lack of character reveals, new modes, story aspects, etc, even though they never said they were gonna show any of that off at all.

All they said they're gonna do was to show off some sound effects [which they did], talk to the game's music composer [they did this too] and most all, show GAMEPLAY of the most recent revealed characters [which to me, they delivered on oh-so-well]. They delivered on all of the accounts that they said they were goin' to show off, so it's pretty pointless to bitch about things they didn't deliver on, when they never planned on showin' them off in the first place!

ASSUMPTIONS are a mofo, I tell ya...

Hmm...The thing is, you're knockin' them on things they didn't deliver on the stream like the lack of character reveals, new modes, story aspects, etc, even though they never said they were gonna show any of that off at all.

ASSUMPTIONS are a mofo, I tell ya...

Wow, what conversation were you following? Go back and re-read the post chief. I NEVER at any point said that the developers didnt deliver on a promise. Come to think of it, I NEVER said they made ANY promises at all. I said, as a SUGGESTION, that they give us something new in the way of character reveals and modes.

BAD READING COMPREHENSION is a mofo, I tell ya...

I guess you should too, because nobody said you did say that the developers didn't deliver on their promises, or that they made promises to us. My whole point was,"why bitch about things that they never intended to show off in the first place?"

Daishi tweeted everything they were gonna touch on in this stream, and they did. But then here you are, "annoyed" about them not showin' the things that you "suggested" that they should have shown, even though Daishi told us in the beginnin' what to expect out of the stream. Why come in hopin' for something that wasn't intended to happen? It's kinda pointless...

Remember when we didnt know ANYTHING about a game until we unlocked shit.

Remember when we couldn't even SEE full length gameplay of characters and modes, until the game came out, or some ign preview?

Remember when we didn't even KNOW about the developers, or see them play the game, or even have contact with them to make suggestions about the game?!?

Talk about FUCKING SPOILED. How people feel like they deserve to see this and see that si beyond me. Its fucking pathetic that people feel like we deserve so much. The game is out in a MONTH. Stop looking at previews and spoiling yourself and just wait for the fucking game. Character reveals?! Really?!

No one is madd at you for requesting Reveals. They madd at you because you're a fucking idiot.

Remember when we didnt know ANYTHING about a game until we unlocked shit.

Remember when we couldn't even SEE full length gameplay of characters and modes, until the game came out, or some ign preview?

Remember when we didn't even KNOW about the developers, or see them play the game, or even have contact with them to make suggestions about the game?!?

Talk about FUCKING SPOILED. How people feel like they deserve to see this and see that si beyond me. Its fucking pathetic that people feel like we deserve so much. The game is out in a MONTH. Stop looking at previews and spoiling yourself and just wait for the fucking game. Character reveals?! Really?!

No one is madd at you for requesting Reveals. They madd at you because you're a fucking idiot.

Hey remember when we didnt have electricity or microwaves ovens? Hey remember when we didnt have cell phones or personal computers? Hey remember when had to use horses instead of cars? Hey remember when we didnt have flying machines? See how retarded that sounds dumbass?

We live in a time where its in a companies FINANCIAL best interest to give more information than keep it. ESPECIALLY A VIDEO GAME COMPANY! So before you call somebody who actually works in the "Techworld" a "Fucking Idiot", know what the fuck you are talking yourself moron. Im still buying the game no matter what. But obviously you missed the point I was trying to make.

It is not always in a companies best interest to give more information sometimes the lack of information can cause just as much hype as the information itself. The information is still being released before the end of December which means they made their monthy release announcement. So I don't really see the problem anyone has.

One also has to take in account that in no instance have those streams actually announced new characters the most they have done is shown elements of CAS and the developers playing the game and showing off features in the game. To expect a reveal during a stream is a bit improbable when they have not done so for any of the others before.

The problem you seem to have is not understanding how less information can be just as good as more information. It is understandable mind you that some people would believe this because how could less information help a game release...the hype and anticipation grows with each passing day...now I personally believe that small reveals in the month of januaray with 1-2 characters and saving 1-2 characters for release is a good thing; however this is a fighting game. A fighting game relies on its characters and their fighting styles to sell well. I understand what you mean by saying it could harm a company by not releasing everything about what the game's main focus is. Some game companies don't release hardly any information about a game though and back 10+ years ago we got even less information than we do now. This had its own appeal not knowing what you would get. I frankly don't care anymore and will just wait for monthly reveals like they've done so far. We either get everything released before game release or we don't...not concerned one way or the other.

Personally, I like these streams for one simple fact:

The developers show their true selves, just a bunch of Japanese nerds who love to make and play games. How come no one else sees this? Even though you can not understand their words, you can hear them laugh and enjoy what they are doing. This is what it is about, enjoying what they are making. Not some bull shit argument over nothing. I understand you wanna see new people, but just enjoy the fact that daishi and tago are whipping each others' asses in a few fights here and there with a character with a taiko drum for a head vs the hulk with a spear and cornrows.

Watch it or don't, its not rocket science.

The problem you seem to have is not understanding how less information can be just as good as more information. It is understandable mind you that some people would believe this because how could less information help a game release...the hype and anticipation grows with each passing day...now I personally believe that small reveals in the month of januaray with 1-2 characters and saving 1-2 characters for release is a good thing; however this is a fighting game. A fighting game relies on its characters and their fighting styles to sell well. I understand what you mean by saying it could harm a company by not releasing everything about what the game's main focus is. Some game companies don't release hardly any information about a game though and back 10+ years ago we got even less information than we do now. This had its own appeal not knowing what you would get. I frankly don't care anymore and will just wait for monthly reveals like they've done so far. We either get everything released before game release or we don't...not concerned one way or the other.

FINALLY an intelligent voice! See for those who are true fans of this series, they will get it no matter what. But for newcomers to the series, newcomers that this series NEEDS, It's better for them to have a COMPLETE VIEW of the roster. Unlike TEKKEN or STREET FIGHER, hell or even MORTAL KOMBAT, Soul Calibur is NOT the most popular fighting game (even though i consider it the best fighting series EVER). Those other games can afford to sit on information. Soul Calibur barely survived extinction.

But now it has a new chance. And if you want "Newcomers" to get excited, You need to get their panties wet. And though the reveals so far have been good, why not just release the rest considering there are only weeks left. Not just characters, modes and other features. Not everybody is into "EVO" or other fighting competitions. In fact most "GROWN PEOPLE" dont have time for all that. A game DOES NOT make money catering to only those people. So again, what other modes are there? But in all honesty I can wait for the info cause I am a true fan of the series. But the problem came when "others" on this forum had to take me to that dark place and thats when the shit flies!

I don't give a fuck about EVO or other tournaments either but they have done a really good job catering to "New Comers". We have a bunch of CaS pictures, Zwei and Viola for the 2D fighting game players and all that story shit that was released not too long ago which almost spoiled this site for me.

Live streams

9 Viewers
Deyzuna_
Deyzuna_
This game is awesome!
3 Viewers
iggyxslips
iggyxslips
Fresh off work, lets play SOULCALIBUR!
3 Viewers
marigram
marigram