SCV- New CHARACTER ideas

Right, I haven't forgotten Zas. He was cool in SC3 and 4, but the series seems to be headed in a disturbing direction IMO, and my scenario seems more likely now than before.

He/She is just exaggerating a little bit.

I disagree that SCV is disturbing. It's just something fresh that needs to be developed a little more. They have good characters, and yes that includes Leixia, and Xiba, and they can develop into better characters, like what I said about them in my plot ideas for the next game on the future thread.

As far as new characters, hell, they should go here for that. I've seen many great ideas for new characters. That includes Bangoo. Still don't see the point in Salia, but hey, someone, and potentially PS, could prove me wrong.

Did you guys ever played a game called Ninja Masters? Those characters weapons and style fits so well in the Soul Calibur world.

Take a look:

WOW I played lot of shit back then, and usually I identify every obscure unknown fihghting game out ther, but I must admit I don't remember that game at all.

WOW I played lot of shit back then, and usually I identify every obscure unknown fihghting game out ther, but I must admit I don't remember that game at all.
Really? You should play this game. It's very underrated, I know, but Ninja Masters is awesome!

o 3 o; I just want to see a fat (texan) fighter with a shotgun and a burger CE.
He would shove that burger in his mouth then inflate 3000x his normal size and win instantly. You can JG it....only if you can manage to do the cha cha at the same time the input iS made which btw is 2+A+b+K Also his normal hits are always clean hits. Always.

Lol but in all seriousness I still want to see an Arabic character or a stereotypical Egyptian~
Back to the Natsu thing I think they went with that color scheme because they wanted to have big contrast with Taki~
That being said I personally love her 1p~ Even her hair~ I like how bright she is and I think the outfit matches her personality ~

Since there have been some changes along the way on my opinion in New character designs, I'll put some in.

Established Characters

Not sure why he isn't in this game yet.

Why he should be in this game? Besides being Rock's replacement, and one of the first true next generation characters, he would be a 30+ new character, which SCV lacked. Plus it would give Aeon someone to conflict with.

Personality-Not sure what he could have that differs from other male cast, but I have always pictured him as a more humble, yet heroic character, like a chief.

Appearance-Well, it is pretty obvious.

Weapon-At first I thought of the usual tomahawks, and also a Jawbone Club, but THIS weapon takes the cake.

Story-Not sure right now.

Why should he be in this game? One of the earlier next generation characters, and would finally have someone that could represent Li Long in a personal basis rather than his style, like Maxi does.

Personality-The clear opposite of Natsu. Rather than being the careless one, Li Long and Chie's son would be the hardworking one. While his parents are collective and understanding towards those in the Fu’Ma, He tends to rely more on the traditional approach that once was, slaying demons and promoting loyalty amongst the clan. He vows to be a leader, and influential part of the clan. He can be quite caring, especially to Natsu, yet he is unaware of her internal demon. There is one secret that the Fu’Ma Clan know nothing of, which was his relationship with a woman of a rival clan.

Appearance-either a armored ninja, or more along the lines of this, notably the outfit, or this courtesy of Fenrir974.

Weapon-Kusarigama

Story-Li Long/Chie's son-This character has connections with both Maxi and Mitsurugi in two ways: Li Long was both Mitsurugi's rival and Maxi's mentor, while the Fuuma clan has a rivalry with Mitsurugi (by Taki) and an alliance with Maxi (by Natsu). I figured this character could be Taki 2.0 in the personality department, demon hunting. He is aware of Natsu containing a demon spirit, and he even treats her like a sister. However, once Natsu erupts (mentioned in "Natsu" post), he would have no choice but to get rid of her corruption. There is one character in particular that might conflict with this: Mitsurugi.

Appearance-Not so sure. I do picture men of various ages.

Weapon-I originally thought of twin scimitars, reminiscent to SC3's wave swords, but it's so unfortunate that Prince of Persia contains them too. (damn bastard. lol)

Since there have been some changes along the way on my opinion in New character designs, I'll put some in.

Established Characters

Not sure why he isn't in this game yet.

Why he should be in this game? Besides being Rock's replacement, and one of the first true next generation characters, he would be a 30+ new character, which SCV lacked. Plus it would give Aeon someone to conflict with.

Personality-Not sure what he could have that differs from other male cast, but I have always pictured him as a more humble, yet heroic character, like a chief.

Appearance-Well, it is pretty obvious.

Weapon-At first I thought of the usual tomahawks, and also a Jawbone Club, but THIS weapon takes the cake.

Story-Not sure right now.

Why should he be in this game? One of the earlier next generation characters, and would finally have someone that could represent Li Long in a personal basis rather than his style, like Maxi does.

Personality-The clear opposite of Natsu. Rather than being the careless one, Li Long and Chie's son would be the hardworking one. While his parents are collective and understanding towards those in the Fu’Ma, He tends to rely more on the traditional approach that once was, slaying demons and promoting loyalty amongst the clan. He vows to be a leader, and influential part of the clan. He can be quite caring, especially to Natsu, yet he is unaware of her internal demon. There is one secret that the Fu’Ma Clan know nothing of, which was his relationship with a woman of a rival clan.

Appearance-either a armored ninja, or more along the lines of this, notably the outfit, or this courtesy of Fenrir974.

Weapon-Kusarigama

Story-Li Long/Chie's son-This character has connections with both Maxi and Mitsurugi in two ways: Li Long was both Mitsurugi's rival and Maxi's mentor, while the Fuuma clan has a rivalry with Mitsurugi (by Taki) and an alliance with Maxi (by Natsu). I figured this character could be Taki 2.0 in the personality department, demon hunting. He is aware of Natsu containing a demon spirit, and he even treats her like a sister. However, once Natsu erupts (mentioned in "Natsu" post), he would have no choice but to get rid of her corruption. There is one character in particular that might conflict with this: Mitsurugi.

BAngoo is seen holding a bow in his sw4 art, not sure if that is canon though..a bow character is a need in this game...
And i still wondering about his age...isnt he should be around Patroklos' age??

BAngoo is seen holding a bow in his sw4 art, not sure if that is canon though..a bow character is a need in this game...
And i still wondering about his age...isnt he should be around Patroklos' age??
What is SW4 might I add?

Bangoo had more than one weapon actually. One was the bow and arrow, while the other was Rock's weapon, but I personally don't prefer a weapon that is only useful for long range. If you have ever played Dynasty Warriors 7 you would get the idea on how they use bows. The only exception is when they have 1. A secondary weapon, or 2. Is like Yue Ying's weapon on DW6, but even then the blade is secondary.

Bangoo is older than Patroklos. Way older than Patroklos. Patroklos was born between SC1 and SC2. Bangoo was already a pre-teen or teenager on SC1.

A non-oversexualized katar user. Voldo man, seriously...you ruin one of my favourite weapons. There should be an Assassin (who is also not EZIO lol), who wields katars. It would be a more stylish way of punching, much cooler than Devil Jin because you'd be stabbing them too!

Yet another asssassin who wields a katana in one hand, and a dagger in the other. He'd be like a swifter Hilde.

I agree with Gatsu. A kusarigama wielding ninja would be really nice. Imagine the chain grabbing battles with Ivy!

Lastly, there should be an alchemist. How would that work? I dunno...she'd throw vials of acid at you!

What is SW4 might I add?

Bangoo had more than one weapon actually. One was the bow and arrow, while the other was Rock's weapon, but I personally don't prefer a weapon that is only useful for long range. If you have ever played Dynasty Warriors 7 you would get the idea on how they use bows. The only exception is when they have 1. A secondary weapon, or 2. Is like Yue Ying's weapon on DW6, but even then the blade is secondary.

Bangoo is older than Patroklos. Way older than Patroklos. Patroklos was born between SC1 and SC2. Bangoo was already a pre-teen or teenager on SC1.
Sry i mispelled it i mean sc4, got into koei this day...

How do you know that in sc4 bangoo is already a preteen?

I haven't read all these posts so I don't know if someone already said these ideas.

-Someone from Bird Of Passage. The leader, maybe. Or like...Tira's BFF from the tribe.

-Bangoo, of course.

-A psycho Russian character. I've already made an OC XD

-A Czech character...like a doctor or something.

A Scot or an Irish man, a Dutch, ... I've got all sorts of ideas for nationalities.

-This is probably too early for the time period of Soul Calibur, but some kind of American character. Like a mountain man or a minute-man or whatever.

While I do think Bangoo has to be in the next game, I think he shouldn't be Rock's replacement. Even though he was from North America, his role in the cast leaned more towards the barbarian/gladiator kind of character. I think Rock should actually be in the next game, the only old character we have right now is Edge Master and he doesn't even have his own style. A 50-60 year old character has a lot of potential, especially if that character already knows half of the roster. I also think his style was very unique and underrated, simply because his basic animations looked similar to Astaroth's. They are actually very different characters (I mained Rock for a while when I first started getting into SCIV). His style had some flaws, but the all could be fixed easily.

Bangoo, in the other hand, should have a style that emphasizes the fact that he's an American Indian. My suggestion? Bow and arrows. SC has been missing an archer since... always. I think a grab-based zoning style that uses the bow for close and mid range combat, and employs a wide range of extremely fast and linear projectiles for long range would be interesting. Just imagine the following scenario:
  • Bangoo knocks the enemy down.
  • He grabs him and throws him up in the air.
  • He then shoots the enemy with a barrage of arrows while still in mid-air.
Wouldn't that be awesome?

Personally I don't think it would fit Bangoo if Bangoo were to have...the same physique as Rock, but of course I may be wrong.
But he doesn't. His only two pictures as an adult depict him as a mildly built young man, but not even close to Rock.

Rockend_1.jpg
Rockend_2.jpg

Of course that was then.

Now he is almost the same age as Rock was when he debuted: somewhere in his 30's.

Back