SCV Videos From SCR 2011 By TagYouRPregnant

TagYouRPregnant has been working hard to provide us with videos from the latest public build of Soulcalibur V which is being played this weekend at SoCal Regionals 2011. The videos show off the four newest characters to be revealed (Xiba, Aeon, Yoshimitsu, Cervantes), along with the second player outfits for the new and existing characters.

Also, tune in tonight at 8PM Eastern/5PM Pacific where Soulcalibur V will be streamed live from SoCal Regionals on Twitch TV, courtesy of Level Up Live and Namco Bandai Games.

YouTube
Stream

Last edited by a moderator:
This is intentional, their stated design logic was that 8WR moves are generally stronger than most moves, so they now take a couple extra frames to do from standing.
I noticed a lot of 8WR moves were really good.

But fuck their design decision. 66 to enter 8WR state and rolling the stick to my desired position for the 8WR shouldn't trigger the quick step. If that can't be buffered, I'll just have to time it. EXECUTION OVERCOMES ALL THINGS

I was already doing this in SCIV so I could do any 8WR move from any step movement quickly. Having to tap two directions already adds to execution time, I don't think forcing the quick step was really necessary. For a quick step you have to hold the second direction, so it could have worked just by doing short double taps for 8WR moves. But this isn't the case

Thank you very much for the vids Tag. ^_^

And wow i might main Aeon to now, those wing-related moves look awesome, he changed quite abit.

We don't fuck on the first date.
LOOOOOOOOOL!!!
Pretty much. :P
But yeah, sorry if I wasn't so sociable as I should have...I usually am a social butterfly, but I was there for 2 missions...to get footage...and to play! <3
But it was really nice to see meet you Aqua_Snake! Shout out time! ;3

FilthieRich - Thank you so so so soooooooo much for bringing SCV to SoCal! I am truly grateful for this opportunity and thank you as well for giving me a moment of your time to answer a couple of questions! Looking forward to future events and SCV!
Scamp - Really nice to see you! Can't wait to go back up North and play with ya'll at Krayzie's house!
Optymuss - nice to meet you too for the short amount of time that we talked! Really good to discuss some Tira strats with ya! Hopefully I'll see more of you at SoCal gatherings/tournaments! :)
Noface - good to see you too! I need to stop getting my ass handed to you. XD
Hopefully I can give you a run for your money in SCV. :)
Blackmamba - nice to see you too! Brought back old memories when we were both up on stream. :P
Aris - you really didn't talk much but I look up to you for Raph strats! Hopefully I can learn something from you if you stick around in SCV.

Over all, I had a REALLY good time, I definitely missed this atmosphere and rush of adrenalin! Looking forward to the future events! :)
If I missed anyone else, really nice to meet you and hopefully I will see you all at gatherings/tournaments!

Ps: BOOOO to HRD and Vicious!!! :P

But yeah, sorry if I wasn't so sociable as I should have...I usually am a social butterfly, but I was there for 2 missions...to get footage...and to play! <3
LOL. I once tried to pull something like this, and then Something Dumbass Unique came on the forum to call me devoid of personality.

It was very nice to meet tag, signia, filthie, and black mamba in person. I hope to see you all again at future events. This was my first event for SC and I hope to go to more of them! It was a very exciting experience!

Thank you filthie for providing SCV for SoCal. Thanks tag for all the awesome footage you provided for the community, and thanks to everyone for the fun and very good games especially to the xiba player, asta player, and hilde player!

Can anyone just give a description of Siegfried 2p?

51C4CYZfbYL._SS500_.jpg

Pretty much...With his big ass sword of course.

Thanks for all the footage Tag, but where's the vids of Barry or Maximum playing? I hear they were trying out all this Maxi stuff and I wanted to see how it went.

Also, game MUST be hella fun. Barry flew to SoCal all the way from Canada just to play a DEMO of it. And everyone who plays it afterwards basically says fuck SC4 now lol.

Quick question, where can I find the Viola vs Cervy match that's shown on the front page for this News and Announcement thing?

Live streams

4 Viewers
FuzzyCatGirl
FuzzyCatGirl
Thirsty Thursday!! Good vibes, fun games, big smiles. Stay thirsty my friends! =P
1 Viewers
diabloriscart93
diabloriscart93
ScVI:Le legendaDeSoulEdge&Soulcalibur01
1 Viewers
scrillaxus
scrillaxus
Welcome to Scrill's Lair

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member