SCV Yoshi Combo/Tech Trap Discussion Discussion

As far as I know, they trap all ways. I tested it last night, but didn't do it with a notepad/laptop in front of me to take notes. If someone can verify these, I would really appreciate it.

Here are some that i tested Hajime. with 4B. most of these all work with 3B+K as well.

EDIT: with damage details

4B-

44A catchs all...but i had a timing issue when teching right (thoughts?? i was sparring with Pyrrah) - 75 damage
4B(yes consecutive 4B) catches all but left - 73 damage
3B+K catches all but left - 69 damage
2A+B B catches all but left - 69 damage
214A =>DNK =>3B catches only front and right tech. - 101 damage
FC 1KKK catches all... if you do it fast enough you can even get another K in there. - 67 damage. 58 damage with fastest input adding the 4th K.
4KB doesn't catches any direction

3B+K -

44A catchs all...but i had the same timing issue when teching right (thoughts?? i was sparring with Pyrrah) - 71 damage
4B(yes consecutive 4B) catches all - 71 damage
3B+K catches all but left - 65 damage
2A+B B catches all but left - 65 damage
FC 1KKK catches all... if you do it fast enough you can even get another K in there.
4KB doesn't catches any direction - 63 damage

9B+K

44A catches all.. but once again.. when pyrrha techs there's strict timing. :( - 65 damage
4B cathces all but left - 63 damage
3B+K catches all but left - 59 damage
FC 1KKK catches all - 58 damage

Here is a tech trap that works, 4b, CE(no delay) does 156(CH) damage , all tech...156 damage( roughly 85% of life meter) tech trap for the cost of 1 meter on CH... not too bad!

1K, 2A+K.

I tested it on every aerial control possible. It just hits unless I'm doing it wrong. But it hits for a total of 104 damage.

Will this count?

^^ it's a combo, not a tech trap, but still good to know.

I think 3B tech catches all directions after 3B+K. If you do it too early, whatever, it's a combos but, you don't get a launch. If you do it too late, they block or it whiffs. Either way, dead Yoshi. The timing appears to be just as the opponent is about to lay flat on the ground. So far I have only tested this against Edge Master

EDIT: Could not get the launch on Pyrrha teching to her left. This game is only 3 days old and I already hate that character.

Thank you for the correction I know what's a tech trap yet I guess I posted in the wrong thread lol.

Anyways, 3B seems to work as a obligatory tech trap after you do 9B+K. Just some old tech trap I found. Pardon the post.

So does it seem like FC 1KKK is the safest bet for a tech trap? What's the damage differential between the different options? []

i edited my previous tech trap post and added damage. please feel free to add or correct me if i'm wrong. namu!!

Nice...so 1KKK~K is trading more chance of catching for about 20dmg (40 if you're looking at the sword sweep catch)...so it's all down to the timing of 44A for the best bang for your buck, it seems. []

Nice...so 1KKK~K is trading more chance of catching for about 20dmg (40 if you're looking at the sword sweep catch)...so it's all down to the timing of 44A for the best bang for your buck, it seems. []

yes sir. but you can use the 1KKK to set them up to block low, i guess. then you can mix and match with 44A

Fair enough. Does Yoshi have the rising kick option at the end of his low sweeps in this game? Can't remember, been playing Tekken too much...[]

Fair enough. Does Yoshi have the rising kick option at the end of his low sweeps in this game? Can't remember, been playing Tekken too much...[]
yeah.. but it's not nearly as good as it was in 2. there's no launch. :( it's a damn shame lol

Ah, see in Tekken the rising kick is what makes the string safe if they block the first one...well so much for that. Good for oki, but not much else, I guess. At least this game still has 2A+B. Very fun when you have 'em in the corner. []

Back