SCV Yoshimitsu Q&A and General Discussion

Yep went back for a day... Not going back again... FAR from top tier anyone saying this is delerious, even you Lolo ever think your just that damn good? lol

Yoshi is ass, Good luck all, I look forward to owning you with Patroklos ;)

So I was practicing RCCing after iMCF last night to get the 3B launch, since that seems like a great option on counter even moderately near a wall (iMCF CH, RCC 3B, a:B+K, DNK if close enough to wall/edge is great, plus the additional 3B re-launch possibility), but I'm having trouble actually getting the RCC down...what's the timing? Maybe it was the fact that I was doing this at night after a thrilling day at work, but I was just having the durndest trouble getting 3B launch instead of FC B or a too-late non-launching 3B. Any tips? []

So I was practicing RCCing after iMCF last night to get the 3B launch, since that seems like a great option on counter even moderately near a wall (iMCF CH, RCC 3B, a:B+K, DNK if close enough to wall/edge is great, plus the additional 3B re-launch possibility), but I'm having trouble actually getting the RCC down...what's the timing? Maybe it was the fact that I was doing this at night after a thrilling day at work, but I was just having the durndest trouble getting 3B launch instead of FC B or a too-late non-launching 3B. Any tips? []

What are you using to RCC?

So, after the patch....

Yoshimitsu was buffed a bit. Not directly, but now things... you know... kind of work...

Just as a small and somewhat insignificant example look at SDGF. You had 2 primary options (not counting stances and acrobatic bliss) - SDGF A "spin down" the same way that 8A spins up or the wonderful SDGF B unblockable sword crash. Previously, everyone just started stepping SDGF to avoid the B and they could guard SDGF A at anytime - not anymore.

I'm finding 9B, SDGF A, 44A, DGF A, 6K, FLE A, 4KB and more much more useful now. Nothing exceptional, but it's nice to see 90% of his stuff is actually usable.

Obligatory "eff you earslicer and eff you PS for breaking it in 0 day patch I'll never map robble robble robble y u no put this back to 4F".

~6 after iMCF, which like I said has given me some success (maybe 10% of the time), but I don't think I have the timing down, since I'm just guessing on how fast. []

Yea 6 is good you can try 8 as well sometimes thats easier for people... Sounds like a timing issue... it should be input just after the move connects though to get the launch.

Aha...I'll try 8. The concept of RCC is something I'd never practiced before, so I'll have to work at it. Thanks.

So for post CH iMCF, the good options seem to be RCC 3B, 6K; RCC 3B, a:B+K, DNK (if near wall); 66B, DNK; 66A BE, bA (some characters); or of course CE. Good to know I have some options. []

I use 8 as fast as possible after seeing I land the iMCF on CH. It is actually more like buffer tap 8 and then go neutral into 3B. The timing isn't particularly strict, especially in training mode when you can set it to CH. Old Tekken crouch cancels were much less forgiving than this one.

Post-patch: I must say that it looks like there are fewer moves with push-back that just destroyed Yoshi. It still feels like a very uphill battle against zoners though.

Aha...I'll try 8. The concept of RCC is something I'd never practiced before, so I'll have to work at it. Thanks.

So for post CH iMCF, the good options seem to be RCC 3B, 6K; RCC 3B, a:B+K, DNK (if near wall); 66B, DNK; 66A BE, bA (some characters); or of course CE. Good to know I have some options. []

Yep you can also do 3AB BE with RCC

And then follow up w/ 6KK or a:B+K, DNK? Sounds cool. I'll have to look up the damage spread...mostly it'll be situational as to where I am relative to the edge as to what I'll want though...ring-out potential vs. damage. []

And then follow up w/ 6KK or a:B+K, DNK? Sounds cool. I'll have to look up the damage spread...mostly it'll be situational as to where I am relative to the edge as to what I'll want though...ring-out potential vs. damage. []

6KK is only a follow up on scrubs... after 3A,B BE 6K is most dmg I think unless by wall... but jst depends on oppnoent whether they know not to tech after a:B+K or whether they lay there and get hit by your follow up!

Usually it isnt worth the meter... RCC'ing off of iMCF really isnt that big of a deal,, u get the same damage and same distance of carry with 66B, DNK, 3B

Unless they are falling for your tech traps... dont beat yourself up over it... RCC'ing after FC 3K for 3B is really the most needed one.

On a pad I like to use 8 instead of 6. The 360 Dpad is a chunky piece of shit so the further the inputs are from each other the easier to keep them accurate.

I have a question.

Is there at all possible to go into FLE from 2(A+B) safely. I read somewhere on here that it was and that B once in FLE would interrupt any and everything. But that is false as I keep getting AA'd out of it by Lexia. (maybe 2(A+B) must be on hit??)

Perhaps should I add a A+B hop once I go into FLE? I tried this in practice but didnt work in real time =/
I want to incorporate his stances but keep getting punished

I have a question.

Is there at all possible to go into FLE from 2(A+B) safely. I read somewhere on here that it was and that B once in FLE would interrupt any and everything. But that is false as I keep getting AA'd out of it by Lexia. (maybe 2(A+B) must be on hit??)

Perhaps should I add a A+B hop once I go into FLE? I tried this in practice but didnt work in real time =/
I want to incorporate his stances but keep getting punished

Have you tried, FLE 6(6)... or A+B, or K.... I'm not sure about all the options to beat AA, but I'm sure there are options.

yeah I almost never do FLE 66 unless I know it will kill. Last night I tried A+B and it worked sometimes for some chars. I also did 2A+B followed by B which actually ducted under so A's and counter launched. FLE 2_8 are horrible at stepping verts. and I got hit out of K every time =(.

I might just say forget FLE..
On another note does I think 2A+B gives you enough frame adv to play with (definitely to step) maybe with more Lab work I can see if its a good tool

You could just try going into FLEA manually. Really 2(A+B) is slow and not the best move to use if you anticipate aggression from your opponent anyway. You could go B+K and mess around with options from there too.

About RCC, I use 6, been working pretty consistently (98% in fact). It's like iMCF-6-3B.

Anyway I wanted to get more opinion about dealing with opponents that space/backdash. At mid-range Yoshi has very limited options - I find myself doing FC 3K a lot since it covers more distance than 66B/33B. That or shark (which I get hit out from a lot) , or 4KB, or resort to gimmicks like FLE hop against backdashing. 22B+K does good gauge damage/mindgame into MED/FLE but it's kind of slow. Apart from these, I have some problems against backstep that kills 90% of his amazing close range options like iMCF. Just wanna know how you guys handle it too - I mostly try to run into range and block, or run iMCF.

No safe, mid-range lows hurt too. You have FC 3K which is -22 and then everything else needs the opponent to be standing right next to you. I'm trying to gain info on fighting in the open without having yet scored a KD for his oki mixups, which is kind of difficult against characters that keep you at midrange (Opyrrha, Aeon etc)

What do you guys use to kill step? I'm using 6K, AA and 214A. I love the damage potential of 22K but it's a high that feels so damn slow so I get blocked/interrupted a lot by the time it executes.

About FLE, I just go straight into it and hop, it's actually pretty disorienting for the opponent (or at least to me when I played against a FLE-happy Yoshi). FLE 66 is um... really bad unless as a round ender (even so...) or combo filler. Prepare to get punished if you do it against a standing opponent.

CH FLE B-a:B+K DNK works on even less characters than 3B-a:B+K DNK because of more pushback. I'm also unsure about 66A BE after CH iMCF. Seems to work on some characters but not others. Will do some testing when I'm free.

I'm getting better at RCC out of iMCF (thanks for the tip about using 8), but for the life of me I can't do FC 3K RCC 3B...is it even possible? []

Back