SCV Yoshimitsu Q&A and General Discussion

You might be trying to hit the JF after inputting 6A+B to SDF-dash forward first. Pressing K out of that, the JF for the second K is impossible, I heard someone say on here before. Which sucks, because if you wanted to easily position yourself to hit them with it, SDF-dashing would be the way to do it.

You might be trying to hit the JF after inputting 6A+B to SDF-dash forward first. Pressing K out of that, the JF for the second K is impossible, I heard someone say on here before. Which sucks, because if you wanted to easily position yourself to hit them with it, SDF-dashing would be the way to do it.
Damn-it. This is what I was doing, and it makes sense, I could only hit it on a miss. (which is when I wouldn't 4a+b for distance) Thanks anyway, I can still use Daruma drop for swag.

Lol ok, so we have:
Match one: Cervantes spends the whole match trying iGDR you. He pretty much had no chance of winning.
Match two: you run stance gimmicks on a helpless nightmare that doesn't know what he's doing.
Match three: you streamroll a button mashing Xiba.

Recording these videos was kinda pointless. If you really want tips then show close matches or matches of you losing. Actually, you wanted to know if you spam? who cares? I can still tell where you need work though...

You miss every whiff punish, don't maximize your punishes, barely use meter at all, don't space properly, don't move to evade anything, no JG... but I guess it doesn't matter if you just want to be able to beat these opponents.

It's cool you can iMCF but you use it for block and whiff punishes (lol) and baiting and don't CH confirm for the followup, either just going into the 66B followup even on block or hit or just dropping the combo on CH. I like your use of it as a pressure tool, that can work well, but you're not covering many options or getting much reward out of it.

Lol ok, so we have:
Match one: Cervantes spends the whole match trying iGDR you. He pretty much had no chance of winning.
Match two: you run stance gimmicks on a helpless nightmare that doesn't know what he's doing.

Recording these videos was kinda pointless. If you really want tips then show close matches or matches of you losing. Actually, you wanted to know if you spam? who cares? I can still tell where you need work though...

You miss every whiff punish, don't maximize your punishes, barely use meter at all, don't space properly, don't move to evade anything, no JG... but I guess it doesn't matter if you just want to be able to beat these opponents.

It's cool you can iMCF but you use it for block and whiff punishes (lol) and baiting and don't CH confirm for the followup, either just going into the 66B followup even on block or hit or just dropping the combo on CH. I like your use of it as a pressure tool, that can work well, but you're not covering many options or getting much reward out of it.

Lol ok, so we have:

and first and sec preson was the same guy igdr king or whatever

Is there any data on recovery for moves - i'd ideally like to understand what can be used as whiff bait, there doesn't seem like a lot of stuff compared to other characters (Pat).

6A seems to be ok.

Is there any data on recovery for moves - i'd ideally like to understand what can be used as whiff bait, there doesn't seem like a lot of stuff compared to other characters (Pat).

6A seems to be ok.
Look at the JG frames in the wiki. Moves with poor whiff recovery are either unsafe or have long blockstuns, which makes them very unsafe on JG. If a move has relatively good recovery on JG, it should have relatively good recovery on whiff.

Recovery frames are equal to (x-14)(-1) where x is the move's JG frames for all non-string attacks.

I don't have a PS3 to test this anymore and it's a bit esoteric, but I was talking with Heaton about 66(A+K) and 2A+K yesterday. I have always been convinced that 66(A+K) is i40+ and seeable if you knew what to look for. He initially disagreed and said it was just as fast as 2A+K (like the wiki states, both are i30). He did some more testing and found that 66(A+K) is i50+. Somebody should find a way to confirm the actual frames of it so I can update the wiki.

Tons of things need fixing in the wiki:
-Actual frames on block for the each of the JF series on recovery, should be easy enough to find. Frames on hit/block for FC 1K would be especially useful.

-Each 4A hit is +1 to +2 on hit, not -2. Amount of + seemed to depend on spacing.

-2B is i16, not i15, right?

-WR B is not -2 on block, pretty sure it's -7 or -8.

-is BT 2K really +2 on hit?

-No JG data on stance moves.

-22A is a TC

-total damage of DNK not shown

Edit: after BlueBoyB's testing:

-4As are +2 but JF hits are +1
-2B really is i15 :O
-BT 2K is actually -2 like everyone else's :(

Last edited:
Reactions: mkl
Eh is this any use for yoshi's A+K moves? with the (bad) Iron possessions n stuff? :/
You can get guaranteed damage off of the aGI, but what you get varies depending on where in the animation it hits. If you know a horizontal is coming at i11, A+King grants you a CE if you're close enough. For example, if a Patroklos hits you with 3A (+2 on hit) then does a 2A (i13), and you A+K after you get hit by 3A, you'll be at +16. Should be +15 if he does AA (i12) instead. Another setup that I know for sure works is Pyrrha AA hit into 66A, but it's safer to just JG (+17) and CE there if you so choose. Last setup I know is Sieg SCH AA, A+K in between and you're at +16, but you have to be close enough.

ok now I want TC frames of 2B. Gooooo

I'm guessing having Yoshi throw out an attack and follow up with 2B while the opponent reacts with a high is the proper way to test this, right?

Anyway I tested using Alpha. Did 4BK (-8) ~ 2B. Alpha's 66A (i18) caught it but his 44K (i19) didn't. So, TC from 11F?

1K G a:B+K DNK - works sometimes. It seems to be a timing thing with when earslicer connects. Tested on Raph and Omega. Is there a way to make this connect consistently, as could be a good reverse ring out option

I believe it's a tech trap, not a legit combo. You can try 1K ~ G ~ a:B+K ~ 66A+B as well. On some characters (I only tested Pyrrha) this will hit all tech directions (and of course hit grounded). For some others (I only tested Alpha) they can escape right. FC 3K also catches all tech directions but it won't hit grounded. According to the official guide (that is quite outdated so it might not be correct) 2[A+B] ~ 66 works as well for comparable damage. I used to go for 2A+BB but then it pushes the opponent far away, which isn't what you'd want with Yoshi's lovely wake up game.

You could also try 1K ~ G ~ 2A+B ~ 66A+B for 77 dmg and they're at your feet. Then pressure.

1K G a:B+K DNK - works sometimes. It seems to be a timing thing with when earslicer connects. Tested on Raph and Omega. Is there a way to make this connect consistently, as could be a good reverse ring out option
If you want consistent reverse ringout you gotta turn around and 4A JF series them after 1K. Gotta be careful about the timing though or they can AC out.

Back