SDCC SoulCalibur Talk Summary

• Admin
As most of you probably know by now, the "BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Fighting Games 2016" panel has recently taken place at San Diego Comic-Con. There was no stream for this event, but thanks to Twitter we have some information about what was discussed. Below you can see the tweets from a twitter user who was present at the event.

I currently have no other details from this panel, but if you were present at the event, then feel free to post in the comments and I will add it to the OP. The takeaway is that if you want a new SoulCalibur, then you should make sure to spam the SoulCalibur Facebook group to express your interest.

SoulCalibur Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SoulCalibur

Michael Stabile

Michael Stabile

WHENS SOULCALIBUR VI
word from the wise is that there is a hidden message in the logo. I tried staring at it, but couldn't see anything. maybe someone out there can find something ?

SCIII is kind of a special case though. The original PS2 game was busted due to bad balance, bugs and glitches. However, a lot of folks who aren't as competitive like it for the heaps of single player content it had. The Arcade Edition fixed the gameplay, but wasn't widely available and stripped out the home version's single player content.

So, rather than just a higher-resolution version of the old game, SCIII HD/Online/SuperDuper Edition has the chance to take a game full of potential and fix all of it's biggest flaws. Include the balance changes from AE, include the content from the home version, add online multiplayer (that doesn't suck), and make sure crap like the save deleting bug is gone, all the while making the game look sharper than ever.

I'd happily lay down cash to get my hands on that.

word from the wise is that there is a hidden message in the logo. I tried staring at it, but couldn't see anything. maybe someone out there can find something ?
The Nightmare image and "Soulcalibur" text are recycled, so if anything it has to do with the general shape or the "20th Anniversary" portion. Or it just doesn't exist.

P.S. This is what a hidden image looks like to Namco lol

CoPQxSYWcAEN5ob.jpg

maybe I'm looking into it much or seeing things ... but is the "V" in anniversary a little lower than the rest of the letters ?

That's what I was thinking because SCV was rushed due to TTT2 console version coming out 8 month later. I know of the flaws of SCV, but I except it for what it is. This game is much more balanced than SCIII & SCIV combined.

SE - 1995
SC - 1998
SCII - 2002
SCIII - 2005
SCIV - 2008
SCV - 2012

A new game comes out every 3-4 years. For SCVI, PS is waiting for the perfect time to announce SCVI. That time is after T7:FR console version comes out in early 2017. After that, their will be no stress of the developer to rush out another title because PS is focused on SCVI being made. Even though SC:LS had super simplfied gameplay. The best thing about that game did was have extra bound stuns & bring back fan favorites like Taki & Sophitia. Also moves of certain characters being adjusted. Example: Leixia's 33_66_99AA has an improved stun, 11_77AA becoming a viable low that stuns on CH, 6A becoming useful on CH, CH 3A+B getting a better stun. Hoshino also reinstated Taki's FC A+B stun & Leixia's Double CE. Why adjust those moves? The answer is a new installment is going to have those improvements.

I agree with you Frayhua but if they have a plan to develop a new soul calibur game every 3-4 years, Soul Calibur 6 should came out this year! But nothing is happening not even an announcement, they don't tell us anything! And that means that they aren't working on a new project and they don't give a sh***t for Soul Calibur series! I doubt if they'll announce something after Tekken 7 release! I lost my interest to waiting a new Soul Calibur game!

You guys must be blind, I did a tiny bit of sleuthing and found a bunch of messages in that logo. Some of them seemed like a stretch though, but I've narrowed it down to three through reasonable deduction:

This is the first one I found, it seemed the most logical:

NOSCVI.png

But then I thought maybe I was reading too much into it, and the message is much more simple:

NOSC.png

Then, it hit me right on the nose. I'd say there's a 95% chance that this is the actual hidden message:

NOSCEVER.png

KOSMOS wasn't exactly a guest character, it was just her outfit available for creation mode...not unlike Devil Jins style in SCV
Its what people call pseudo-guest character. It happens in lots of games, and she was the only one, so its still a guest.

Also cloud and sephiroth are terrible ideas for guest characters
Because...?

Wow you're right a quest character from Samurai Warriors or Warriors Orochi in Soul Calibur VI will be f****ing awesome!!! :)
Yes, not only that but they surprisingly would fit the timeline as well.

Holy shit, I didn't expect this to turn into a discussion (war, really) about the entire series and how the individual games sucked or didn't wirk.... IMO, all of the games in the series are great, even SCV, which I hated when it came out, now I really like it, because of the Creation and how well it plays. Also, SCIII remains my personal favourite, mostly because it's just HUGE with all of the game modes and stuff you can do.

But anyway, from what they're doing now, with the Facebook "activities" and stuff, I'm just getting the impression they thought along these lines : "Oh shit, it appears a franchise we don't give a shit about anymore still has some fans and has an anniversary or something! Quick, think of something! You three over there, you're gonna do the whole thing. I know, facebook! Do some shitty polls or trivia about the series and characters, hopefuly it'll satisfy them. Maybe they'll think we're working on something BTS. What will we do about that? Oh I don't know, it doesn't matter, leave it as it is! Nobody cares! Now, back to Tekken..."
The problem with the games is not really how the play. Gameplay being good is not a feature, gameplay in any game is supposed to be good, its the basic part of a game. The problem is that it lack actual content.

So effectively your counter argument was just "I don't like the way they made SCV cos X,Y,Z and just completely ignoring the key factors..waaaaaaaah"

Sounds about right
If that is what you read, try to use a brain before arguing, because in your latest posts I saw absolutely no argument from your side, whereas I only stated facts against all your bullshit.

People always spread that thing. When someone bring it up deciphered, then I'll care about it.

SCIII is kind of a special case though. The original PS2 game was busted due to bad balance, bugs and glitches. However, a lot of folks who aren't as competitive like it for the heaps of single player content it had. The Arcade Edition fixed the gameplay, but wasn't widely available and stripped out the home version's single player content.

So, rather than just a higher-resolution version of the old game, SCIII HD/Online/SuperDuper Edition has the chance to take a game full of potential and fix all of it's biggest flaws. Include the balance changes from AE, include the content from the home version, add online multiplayer (that doesn't suck), and make sure crap like the save deleting bug is gone, all the while making the game look sharper than ever.

I'd happily lay down cash to get my hands on that.
Yes, I still need to finish Chronicles of the Souls mode, that fucking time bomb bug killed multiple playthroughs and now I have no PS2.

Its what people call pseudo-guest character. It happens in lots of games, and she was the only one, so its still a guest.

Because...?

The problem with the games is not really how the play. Gameplay being good is not a feature, gameplay in any game is supposed to be good, its the basic part of a game. The problem is that it lack actual content.

If that is what you read, try to use a brain before arguing, because in your latest posts I saw absolutely no argument from your side, whereas I only stated facts against all your bullshit.

People always spread that thing. When someone bring it up deciphered, then I'll care about it.

lol pseudo guest character, who on earth calls a costume a pseudo guest character...sounds like something you just pulled off of some wiki to make yourself sound intelligent. Maybe I'll make a cancerous League character and say Katarina was a pseudo guest character aswell.

because Cloud and Sephiroth at this point are no more than awful meme characters, spawned and milked to death from an overhyped and overrated franchise, not to mention...if it weren't obvious before...they do not fit in the timeline nor do they fit in the series at all

more content would actually be nice, however gameplay should always come first, then we wouldn't be getting unbalanced characters and glitches all over the place. I don't about you, but I'd like that ironed out more than anything content can always come later.

also wow remind me who you are again that you actually caring about things is a big deal lol

when they screwed SCV and made the crap that was SCLS?

that's not fact that's an opinion

defend a fucked game...
Decent gameplay is not a feature, its a MUST on any game.
Also what is the point of having good gameplay if the game itself doesn't encourage people to play it?
Online mode is kinda basic nowadays on big fighting game franchises
Do you really need me to list what problems SCV has?
A random Facebook spamming would be the worst way to do it.
Their poll was already stupid,

Opinion
you're not entitled to anything
the fact that SCV was watered down actually encouraged a lot of casual people to play afaik only the vets decided to leave the game behind

Why is she so powerful in SCIV? I want to exploit her in the Tower mode.

for someone tho acts like they know a lot...you really know so little

Good god, how did I never run into any of these but kept meeting the game breaking one all time? How lucky I am, right? Also, is it true that Dante was gonna be in SCIII? If the game was rushed to the point where the only guest it had was a KOS-MOS costume set instead of a cool character like him, that would be really disappointing.

"copy/paste" for someone tho acts like they know a lot...you really know so little

Ever since SCII, there wasn't a SC game without a guest:

- SCII - Link/Heihachi Mishima/Spawn
- SCIII - KOS-MOS (Dante, from Devil May Cry, was gonna enter as well, it seems, but he got cancelled)
- SCIV - Angol Fear (sorta)/Darth Vader/Yoda/The Apprentice
- SCBD - Kratos
- SCV - Ezio Auditore/Devil Jin Kazama

I doubt they would make another game without another guest.

well if we're going down that route Yoshimitsu was a guest character in I ,II ,III, IV and V and once again pieces of clothing nor a simple style for creation count as guest characters...so these aren't fact at all...

good job on "stating facts to my bullshit" you know to use your bigboy words and insult people as if you're actually something

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philmckrackon
Back