[Seattle, WA] Ragin' in the Rain

Good games last night with Brian, John and Taz at SCIV. It's been a long time since I've been feeling it with at the game. Dunno what the difference was but GO and I stayed up till 5 playing! Also, sorry for raging so hard Sean. You're just to much further ahead in SF than I am, I just gotta practice some more at home.

Sean was having to endure a lot of SSF4 rage last night, that was super ugly. Somebody needs to smack me upside the head next time I start whining like that (John, I know I can count on you).

We just need to accept that we're just SSF4 Persians (MAYBE Spartans on a good day), while Sean is like a Hero or a God or something. He's not relying on shenanigans or bullshit, it's just superior play. Good games Sean, I learned a lot playing you.

i don't think anyone was trying to diminish sean's play, there was just a lot of frustration. i know that stuff makes some of us feel a bit awkward, but it's just a reality of fighting games that sometimes they're intensely frustrating and demoralizing. i'm not trying to condone or make excuses for my or anyone else's frustrations, and i'm not trying to say that it's not disrespectful, or that people shouldn't try to keep their cool. i'm just trying to say that everyone's goal is to have fun with everyone else; no one is setting out to get frustrated, no one needs to be head-smacked or whatever, and getting frustrated shouldn't be a mark of shame or anything. i'm pretty sure everyone tries reasonably hard to not lose their cool because they respect the people who don't like that stuff, but i'm also pretty sure that when it happens no one is trying to insult or belittle anyone else.

for my part, i'm pretty sure i just need to pick a new character or stop playing SSF4. it's lame as hell, but i really feel like i just can't deal with dudley's execution while trying to learn the game and the stick motions. when i play i feel like i can't reliably do any input so i just fall back to doing retarded shit in frustration. there's also a lot of just general stuff that annoys me about SSF4, but i think if i try using a character who can just fight with normals and really basic inputs so i can just deal with learning one thing at a time it'll be a lot less frustrating.

for my part, i'm pretty sure i just need to pick a new character or stop playing SSF4. it's lame as hell, but i really feel like i just can't deal with dudley's execution while trying to learn the game and the stick motions. when i play i feel like i can't reliably do any input so i just fall back to doing retarded shit in frustration. there's also a lot of just general stuff that annoys me about SSF4, but i think if i try using a character who can just fight with normals and really basic inputs so i can just deal with learning one thing at a time it'll be a lot less frustrating.

Pick Ryu.

Ten characters.

i dunno, SF4 ryu fireball zoning games always seemed boring. i wouldn't mind playing someone who is more complex, i just think i need a character who has really easy execution. charges seemed to be pretty easy on a stick when i tried boxer, so maybe i'll try a charge character. does anyone know what the deal is with dictator or honda? people seem to be rating them fairly highly in SSF4.

Dictator is M bison. Certain characters have funny nicknames from the community. The ones I know are:
dictator - m bison
claw - vega
boxer/Rog - balrog
Sim - Dhalsim

Also, i suggest cody for brian. i like him alot.

Bison is pretty good if you how to play him. Hw is kind of complex and has some crossups
I'm not sure if he has anti air.

Ok hmmm... am i on the right web page for SC4? WTF!! OVER!
Tac is the only one on this page to even mention SC4 i think, let me check again...

Good games last night with Brian, John and Taz at SCIV. It's been a long time since I've been feeling it with at the game. Dunno what the difference was but GO and I stayed up till 5 playing! Also, sorry for raging so hard Sean. You're just to much further ahead in SF than I am, I just gotta practice some more at home.

Yep thats it!! Tac is a true friend :) And it will be a easy win 4 me when i get back in a few days...seems like. The only challange will be GreatOne and i see he hasnt posted on this page lately, I wonder why???!!!!!!!!!!!
This is the first time i think i been on a page n didnt see Greatone name on it...
But anywayz...
I need to know how can someone change something on the Wiki? They have some things wrong about Ivy on it that i found out. Like her 1B in Sword Stance is a low and it says its a Mid on the Wiki,but i was like, thats a low LOL! She is my Favorite Character :)
And it will be sad if i come home and beat yall at this SSF4 and i havnt even played yet!! If i do i dont wanna see any!! AND I MEAN ANY more SSF4 talk on here!! :) LOL

haha, don't worry sweets, we've been playing plenty of SCIV. street fighter's just the new game so it gets more attention on the boards :j

cody seemed neat when i saw sean play him, maybe i'll try him out. dictator seems like his play is a bit complex but it doesn't sound like it has tough execution. i'll probably just end up trying out a bunch of different characters on friday and see if any stick.

Isn't his fierce kick an anti-air? Not a shoryuken, but still.

What the hell is a fierce kick? God, all these damn terms! Hurting my head.

Either way just came on here to say poor Maxi:

PS

Sweets I'm still gettin my ass whupped. But I'm training for next week. We starting the Ranbats and I intend to win and make CamSeanBrian cry.

Okay, bye

Ahahahaha, that ultra isn't completely useless. It's just a super tatsu, but you can link into it from his jab. But it scales pretty hard.

Back