Sell your DS...like yesterday...

lobo

Luminario
well i didn't know where to put this...so move it if need be...but really...

i bought a ds when it first came out and sold it when ds lite came...then i sold it when tool came through town and i had no money...anyway any ds or ds lite owners should consider that their machine is about to be junk:

http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/10/new-nintendo-ds.html

is nintendo pulling a sega? i think so. will they survive it? sadly i think so.

i FUCKING HATE nintendo after what they did to me with the cube and ds. i hope they go under forever.

discuss...

ps...gamecube brand new--$250
gamecube worth in credit two years ago--$18
gamecube right now--hockey puck

nintendo's face when they sell this crap............u get the point.

Surprised no one's commented on this topic. Anyway, I've never been a big fan of Nintendo in the first place. Back in the day I was a Sega kid and owned a Genesis. Moved onto Sony when the PSX was released. Moved back onto Sega when they announced the Dreamcast. When the Dreamcast went under, I moved to Sony yet again with their PS2. The only Nintendo home system I ever owned was the NES. Other than that, the only Nintendo products I ever owned and supported were their handheld systems. Never owned a SNES, N64, or GC. Never cared to either. Same applies to the Wii.

Anyway, this DSi is basically a disguised PSP with a built in camera minus the PSP's modding ability. Will the general public eat this up? Of course. Nintendo has established itself as the wise, trust worthy veteran of the industry. Hence why they easily get away with the miraculous amounts of bullshit they pull *coughWiicough*. I will recognize and respect Nintendo's achievements in the industries early life, but I will also recognize that the year is 2008 and Nintendo needs to stop living off past glories.

To be honest, I've rooted for Nintendo for a very long time. They always seemed like the underdog to me, and since N64 and Cube especially, I always had a soft spot for them. So, of course I was happy to hear how successful the Wii became. The thing is, they're dominating the market right now, in console sales and portable console sales (as has always been the case), and at the last E3 they completely slapped every hardcore gamer in the face.

So, this sort of thing would surprise me a couple years ago, and I'm sad to say it but at this point I'm not surprised. Just like how Apple makes its last generation products seem completely obsolete with intense pressure to buy the most current generation of whatever product they have, Nintendo coming out with DSi is going to make everyone with a brand new DS Lite feel gipped.

Not buying it. It's basically the GBA to SP and DS to Lite all over again. I already have a Lite to play DS games, and that's all I want to do with a DS.

Where can i sell my DS? I've been trying for ages and no one wants the original Silver DS =(

Lobo...nothing happened to the gamecube...? They simply made it smaller, gave it crappy online and called it Wii. We call the Wii "Gamecube Advance" around here.

This is the reason I've been complaining about Nintendo for years... they sell inferior products for highly overpriced values... and then continually release "upgrades" that put your old revisions into obsolesence. This is why the DS and the Gameboy are the highest selling consoles of all time, because the GameBoy, GameBoy Light, Gameboy Pocket, Play It Loud and Gameboy Color are all considered 1 console, even though they are clearly not.

The Wii itself is nothing more than two GameCubes Duct Taped together. It was released with 5 year old technology and lacks some basic functionality that other consoles have, like DVD playpack or an adequate online infrastructure. Its being sold on the merits of its controller, something that could have been released as a periphrial for the GameCube instead of being a new console.

Ouch, true and noted. I feel like I should be devil's advocate and list Nintendo's merits and all about now, but honestly...There really are none. They needed money; they got it (thanks, health conscious soccer-moms...). Hardcore games aren't selling for Nintendo, so they put the least amount of effort into a game and maximize profits. I think Mario Kart Wii sold more than Smash Bros. Brawl, which is absolute bullshit. I've always loved Smash, though apparently it's been dumbed down in Brawl, and the online absolutely blows. Yet, Nintendo roles out the online-red-carpet for the craptastic Mario Kart game, which probably took a couple weeks to make (it seriously looks worse than Double Dash...) and sold more. What's the message? "Smash took a lot of money and time to make, and sold well. Kart took no time to make and sold better...Hmmm$$$$$$$" At least...That's how I'm sure the thought process went.

All in all, there are good games coming that I'm looking forward to, like Muramasa, Tenchu 4, the Castlevania Fighter, Crystal Chronicles, and Punch Out. I just hope they can still pump out some quality stuff now and again.

Problem with selling things to Gamestop is that they barely give you enough to buy a game.

I always enjoyed Mario Kart. But the latest one is retarded. It is built entirely around keeping all the racers as close together as possible. It always had a little of that, but now you can race like crap the whole time, make good the last round and you have an equal chance of winning.

This is Nintendo's attitude to gaming: casual

It's easy to see the arguments against Nintendo, because let's face it, anyone who would be on this forum probably at least a dedicated gamer. Personally I find the Wii fun to play for 45 minutes with some friends. Other than that is has zero appeal to me.

As for the whole DSi thing.. Who cares? When you bought the product you made a decision and thought the product was worth the prize. This is like PS3 owners crying when the price gets slashed. You can always wait around and you will get more product for less money. There is a difference between someone else getting a better deal and you getting screwed.

buying a product at $150 and then getting a $20 return on it just 1 year later if you want to upgrade it is, in my opinion, getting screwed.

How dare Nintendo release updates to successful products!

Why that'd be like if car companies released new upgraded models of their cars EVERY SINGLE YEAR.......

did you sell it to gamestop? if so you shoulda sold it on ebay or amazon.

depending on what the hombrew people do i might just get this. Linux + zsnes = epic win.

On one hand I would be mad if I bought a DS and then they came out with a better one, but I don't see it as such an upgrade that renders your current hardware obsolete unless they make games that take advantage of the added functionality. I can already take pics and play music on my damn cell phone.

I would be mad at the fact that they are making a store just for DSi games and depending on their quality would make the old hardware obsolete. It also has a bigger screen. Big woop. I wouldn't say Nintendo is pulling a Sega because the difference is Nintendo's inferior hardware is still selling like hotcakes, but this would be the reason why I no longer early adopt hardware because eventually something better comes out.

I would say the new downloadable games and a whole shop dedicated to just this version of the DS makes it more than just an upgrade. They're most likely going to have a "picture of the day" sent to all DSi users, sending the funniest picture taken with a DSi. Everything else is just an upgrade, but that I think is more.

I wonder just how big some of those downloadable games could be. Hopefully there will be decent offerings. I kind of like these all in one devices at times but I'm not interested in this. Don't play my DS enough as is.

i don't see the problem, no ones forcing you to buy anything. its your choice whether you want to upgrade and all the upgrades i see from ds phat -> lite -> dsi seem like minor upgrades rather than a necessity.

if youre worried about resale value then sell it privately now before the dis gets released, you'll easily get a good price on it.

nintendo however have gone way down in my book for milking the casual market and forgetting about the gamers

Yeah im sick of nintendo releasing games for the whole family! Gimme a goddam Zelda, and a Sword fighting game and maybe i wont be as mad.

Back