SF4 TE Stick Art mod help

Ok so finally got the parts and artwork+plexiglas top assembled. Here are the actual photos of the real stick.

2ho93i8.jpg

Note the custom dush washer under the stick.
okpw11.jpg

Some Additional Custom Washers
igytxs.jpg

I also got a bit carried away and bought this recently as well... not as good as the TE stick (obviously) but when I saw it I had to get it (one of those brash spontaneous moments). Never owned a NeoGeo growing up eventhough I wish I did but now I can have something memorable from that time period on my PS3.

ie1bvc.jpg

I've been looking everywhere for Neogeos.
Where can you find that?

If i had one of those, i'd be a smidge better with Sophitia than usual

Goddammit! Curse my 10th grade ghetto boy education. I would love to be able to do stuff like this but I have no idea what y'all are talking about.

Has nothing to do with being a ghetto boy. Some people are more inclined to do this type of stuff. People like us, pay them for their work. It's like they are the blacksmiths of the fighting game community. You know?

I've been looking everywhere for Neogeos.
Where can you find that?

If i had one of those, i'd be a smidge better with Sophitia than usual

I found this at a local import shop. I've never owned the original Neo Geo but to the best of my knowledge, its not as good as the original Neo Geo Stick, in fact far from it. It's a replica for use on a PS3 (SNK licensed by Exar Japan) but it feels cheap and made of light plastic. Buttons arent that great on it either. It's mainly for looks and retro appeal but I wouldn't use it for serious gaming other than for casual fun. I tried it with MAME and Neo emulators so it does work on the PC (as long as you adjust settings in MAME/EMU config). Costs about $80 bucks. But if you're gonna spend money on a decent stick, I'd save a little more and get either HRAP or Mad Catz SF4 TE stick instead.

Has nothing to do with being a ghetto boy. Some people are more inclined to do this type of stuff. People like us, pay them for their work. It's like they are the blacksmiths of the fighting game community. You know?

Yeah that makes sense. But I'm so goddamn retarded I wouldn't even know where to start. I just know I'd love to put some pretty S.C. themed artwork on my stick.

Yeah mines been on hold forever. Laid off :/

Also when putting in my buttons I discovered the hidden layer of madcats quality. Up top the glue that holds the screws broke and now the screws free spin...THEN on the bottom the screws were already worn and after only undoing and rescrewing them once they're stripped.

My corners act funny and sometimes drop input and i cant get into the damn thing to swap out the stick or replace broken microswitches.

Nice job on your design though.

Also when putting in my buttons I discovered the hidden layer of madcats quality. Up top the glue that holds the screws broke and now the screws free spin...THEN on the bottom the screws were already worn and after only undoing and rescrewing them once they're stripped.

My corners act funny and sometimes drop input and i cant get into the damn thing to swap out the stick or replace broken microswitches.

Sorry to hear about your stick. You gotta be careful when opening anything up, whether its the stick or some electronic device and make sure you actually removed all screws before pulling it apart. I dont understand what you mean by the glue because I didnt see any glue that holds any screws (why would there be glue, its a screw?). Also if you're stripping screws, you're using the wrong size screw driver, or in this case torx wrench/driver. If the bit is too small or too big, you're gonna strip them. You'll need to replace them with a similar one from a local hardware shop if they're already worn out. If the screw is stuck, then you're gonna need to drill into the screw head to get it out. MadCatz did an alright job in terms of quality so I wouldnt blame them. My only complaint would be that corner metal bracket near the JLF could have been done better. Anyways, hope it isnt too bad. Should be a simple fix.

Gonna have to drill em. I was tryin to be careful when opening them. they were already a lil worn and i turned really slow to avoid stripping them but it happenned. The top part had some glue and i think a plastic casing holding the screw, when i undid it the plastic was cracked and the glue was as well. So i got a free spining screw i cant get back out without going through the bottom which has stripped screws...this sucks lol. I dont have a drill to get the damn things out.

it's not glue, it's locktite (which i guess is a kind of glue lol) but it's meant to keep the screw from unthreading from the nut. if it's free spinning you either lost the interior nut or broke the housing for it.

Ok so I bought one of those neo-geo sticks..
It;s decent.
But I really feel like i wasted 5o bucks because I don't have ps3 at the moment

Hey what kind of paper is it that you guys used for that stick art? When I did mine I just sorta went ghetto and printed on paper, cut the appropriate areas out, got it laminated, and used spray on glue. I'd like to know the proper method for any future attempts at this stuff.

Ok maybe I should rephrase that. Do you guys just pring the picture out as a stick-on decal or something and then cut the edges and holes out?

Kinko's LamiLabel. It's semi-ghetto but it works.

I can see printing out the typical cast of fighting game girls now...

"What? What are you looking at kinko's guy?

Yeah she's 13. And yeah that's a lot of boob. And yeah she's got animal ears. And yes you can kind of make out her vagina. So?

What? Just print it."

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=175293

This thread may help in regard to ideas. Images...ever tried Fighter's Generation?
SRK thread links have changed ever since the move to Xenforo.

The new official Stick Art thread can be found here.
http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...imageboard-instructions-on-first-page.137307/
It should have templates for most off the shelf sticks out there.

Arthong's thread, for those interested in plexiglass covers (as well as entire cases) can be found here.
http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...glass-covers-te-umk-te-plexis-incoming.61858/

Back