So what was your first fighting game?

DC97

[10] Knight
What was the first fighting game you guys ever played? Whether it be Street Fighter or DBZ Budokai, no one is here to judge.

If i remember correctly my first fighting game was Street Fighter 2 which to this day, i am absolutely horrible at.

Street Fighter 2.

I played Street Fighter 2 first, but unlike my brothers, I did not take to it when I first played it. Soul Calibur on Dreamcast was the first fighting game that really got me into the genre. After playing Soul Calibur, I went back to realize that I love Street Fighter 2, but I am not very good at it.

The first fighting game i couldn't put down was Tekken 3. I pwned at that game.

first one would be street fighter 2. the first one that i actually spent a little time trying to learn combos and stuff on was... killer instinct! c-c-c-c-combo breaker, oh yea! :D

Street Fighter 2. I forget whether Killer Instinct or Tekken 2 was first, but I was pretty hardcore about learning everything there was to know about both games.

The only thing that stopped me from becoming great in Fighting games till now was not knowing how to push 236 and other directions for combo's.

I get the feeling this thread will be rampant with SF2 answers :) It's the same for me. However, first game I really tried to understand was Alpha 2. First game to actually know what the hell I was talking about though was SC2.

To this day I'm not very good at any of them, SC4 included :P

Don't worry, i didn't understand fighting games until SC2 either.

The first fighting game I played seriously was either CVSNK2 or SC2, although I was absolutely abysmal at both games.

Edit: Actually, I think it actually as SF2. I just remembered having to use that horrible little genesis controller, and being forced to stick to either punches or kicks.

Controllers never really felt good when playing a fighting game until the Playstation came out.

Street Fighter 2. I remember my cousins wouldn't let me play because I kept bothering them to let me play

Street Fighter 2

Bu I think the first game to REALLY speak to me and get me into the genre would have to be MVC2

Street Fighter 2 on the SNES. I remember playing it on a vacation to Oklahoma and not being able to do one move...><

First fighting game I tried to practice in was Super Street Fighter 2. Doing Guile Flash Kick combos on a keyboard was hard.

Tekken.

I spammed backflip kicks with Lee and thought I was the shit.

No doubt. I do like 5 moves with Xiaoyu and thought I was uberleets.

First fighter was Street Fighter II at the tender age of 5 or 6 maybe. That game caused so much drama in my house. When my younger brother got a lil older we used to play it all the time...well, nearly all the time, we would have the cartridge taken off us cause we'd get into a real fighter over 'cheap' tactics. Lulz@scrub behaviour.

That was the shit back then, figuring out the special moves, getting wooped by the AI. Smacking eachother about after matches.

Street Fighter 2. Fighting games were more or less the one thing me and my dad always did together.

We started with Street Fighter 2, stuck with it through Turbo then Three, played em all for years. Then we transitioned to Tekken, to Tekken 2 to Tekken 3 to Tekken 4 to Soul Calibur II. Neither of us cared for III so we stuck with SC II until we got into Fight Night 3.

Sadly he's still so stuck on Fight Night that I can not seem to get him back into SC IV.

SF 2, but I was all mashing the buttons with no idea what I was doing for about 5 minutes and then went back to Mario.

After that it was Soul Calibur (Arcade, then DC version).

Back