Soul Calibur 5 Guest/Bonus/CAS Character Discussion

Just saying, I bought it for Star Wars and I don't even like SW. I saw Vader on the cover, recently came across money, and decided "I have to see this." Ended up loving the game. Also black powder became available around the earlier 1400's, and since Cervy's "packin' heat" in the hilt of his sword I'd say its at 1450+. I wish they'd give you a decent timeline of Sophitia's home, but Constantinopolis fell around 1453. So I'd like to point out that the SC timeline is already flimsy. If they want to have a 7' android from the future swinging a laser-sword around so be it. I really don't want to see Ezio or anime character's. But I guess anime characters would sell the game so it might just happen. =\

Well here in the U.K all we get is a lame site hosted by Ubisoft, I mean wth, get back to making Assasin's Creed and alienating PC gamers with your draconian anti-piracy measures... On the U.S version however I believe it mentions a date, 1590 something perhaps, and seeing as the characters have been in each game, more or less same age... But whatever, the timeline is extremely flimsy anyway...

I'm not bashing the series believe me, I'm just saying that if it already has a cast including a purple zombie pirate, a demon with the milky way in his belly, and a vampiric teenager there's really no point in cutting out Darth Vader on the grounds of historical accuracy. I mean as far as I'm concerned amy was a marketing campaign too. A dark, attitudy, teenage vampire to appeal to the sexy-blood-sucker loving masses.

I'm not bashing the series believe me, I'm just saying that if it already has a cast including a purple zombie pirate, a demon with the milky way in his belly, and a vampiric teenager there's really no point in cutting out Darth Vader on the grounds of historical accuracy. I mean as far as I'm concerned amy was a marketing campaign too. A dark, attitudy, teenage vampire to appeal to the sexy-blood-sucker loving masses.

Nah I never wanted to bash the series, just Ubisoft lol... Don't get me wrong I love AC, but this is SC, and yes saying for example Darth Vader has no place here then dropping in another load of so-called guest characters is just hypocritical, unless they want us to wake up in an animus at the end as Desmond... I really hope no one actually wants that ;x, playing AC2 was enough for me thanks...

As far as I'm concerned I shook my head at Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. Assassin's Creed 2 was a great game, loved and tresured it. But in ACB most his character development is done and it feels like tedious repeats with a few new systems. I like who we have now, so do a lot of the high-end players. Vader and Apprentice are balanced, and Yoda is there but no one gives a care. I'd like to see more staple cast added in, keep what we got. People put a lot of work into the guests of this game, don't screw them over for it.

I hate to sound bitter and all but... God, this discussion is so stupid. Everybody has their own picks which, sadly, are often stooopid. Like Naruto chars. Maybe we'll just add Jesus? Oh, wait, the Muslims will be pissed! But hey, Jesus can be on PS3 and Muhammad can be on 360!

This is just pointless. The decisions are being made on business launches by old, fat people bored with their money but still wanting more of it. But, of course, you guys can go on stabbing each other to death over what popcultural shit should be added to SCV.

But hey, Jesus can be on PS3 and Muhammad can be on 360!

This is just pointless. The decisions are being made on business launches by old, fat people bored with their money but still wanting more of it. But, of course, you guys can go on stabbing each other to death over what popcultural shit should be added to SCV.

No daggers here, unless that's what ideas have become, this is a discussion thread, if your idea can't stand up to arguement, you might want to think twice... Or a few times, especially when you say things like that top bit in the quote... Muslims, it seems are easily angered... Not even being funny, if they threaten to execute people for naming teddy bears... That name, then what do you think they'll do about him in a fighting game... I know you're just joking but some people wil not find these things funny...

I see virtually no hostility in this thread because most people realize its not everyone's cup of tea. Either way this thread is just another way to pass the time. There are dumber threads open.

I'm really not trying to push my ideas on anyone, I'm not a Muslim, technically I'm a Christian. I'm not going to lie, I found that statement to be a little offensive, however I'm not without a sense of humour when it comes to religion (lol to all the atheists out there trying to make that into a religion).

Anyway it's all completely off-topic, I'm not trying to discourage anyone from posting their ideas, however this thread is filled with dumb ideas, if you take the time to look back. My advice for ideas, if your character(s) can be potenially duplicated with the CaS system, please take that into account... Also, them making the actual cast look like insects may be frowned upon (for all the people suggesting characters from Transformers in the past...*sigh*).

I'm not a Muslim, technically I'm a Christian. I'm not going to lie, I found that statement to be a little offensive, however I'm not without a sense of humour when it comes to religion (lol to all the atheists out there trying to make that into a religion).
Do you have something against atheists?

EDIT: To stay on the topic - I want Steve Martin in SCV! YAY!

Right... Now this is getting dumb.

Seriously, you don't see the hypocrisy in preaching atheism? Back on-topic Steve Martin FTW!

Damn, I just thought of someone else who could fit---especially since the developers were interested
in anime characters in SCIV:

D (the Dhunpiel). I'd actually really like to see that.

Now you're just being obtuse, surely you realise that's a cornerstone of this preaching you speak of? (also known as politics)
And now you're being a douchebag.

Obtuse? Seriously, most people here will have to check that in the dictionary and they will surely not like what they find. If they'll even take the time to check, that is.

I'm not an expert on religions but I know my thing about their history (I actually am expert on this, yay!) and your attitude only ascertains me in my view that Christians tend to be douchebags.

Wow! This started out as a talk about potential guest characters in SC5, and then became a rant about douchebags and religion...

Anyways, back on topic... I always liked the idea of a guest character, I mean, someone not from the original game enters the "world" and blends with the cast, hopefully being successful

But from what I think, Ezio seems like a good bet to be a good guest, but as much as I want, the SW chars ain't gonna make it into SC5. They were one of the reasons I got the game in the first place!

Force-Destruct, I see what you are saying, but I think that the guests in SC have always been a matter of convinience for both parties. I actually think AC characters are some of the least likely, certainly the worst given their close similarity with Dampierre, not that I ever played BD. Surely he'll feature in the new CaS mode...

Well I'm not giving up hope anyway, how many people do you see on here giving it a chance. If no one says anything ...

All I'm saying is it would make more sense then just about anything else. They could hold off on truly distinct characters (the SW cast are some of the most unique characters ever in a SC game) and use clones and such, but I hope they don't. Dualface, that yellow text is only hard to see on the light style, but I'm afraid I've never heard of your character, have to google it later or something I guess.

No one would even be in here if they didn't enjoy this discussion (The guest character discussion), as a spur of the moment idea I think Manny from Grim Fandango would make a much needed comical influence on the game, too much drama lol, he could be a nemesis for Zas...

Then you ought to know that it should be written with a dash.

I could go on digesting your pseudo-intellectual, petty rant but I will suppress the urge because this is one of the few online communities that I actually do respect.

Have fun being a douche.

I'm sorry. I should have known that Jrasta111, contrary to his claims, will go on stabbing rage.

I'm over and out.

I would however pause to note a certain discrepancy here...

(I love English*sigh*)
Then you ought to know that it should be written with a dash.

I could go on digesting your pseudo-intellectual, petty rant but I will suppress the urge because this is one of the few online communities that I actually do respect.

Have fun being a douche.

Back