Soul Calibur 5 Guest/Bonus/CAS Character Discussion

If anything, SC5 should do a Tekken 3, cut the cast down, and concentrate on balancing and expanding movelists.

Has there been any news of a SC5 even? With Tekken bombing saleswise , it's possible SC4 is #2 in sales for fighting games this gen, why not a SC5?

No more guest characters! The one good thing about SCIII was that there were no guest characters, the most out of place character in that was O Rly Olcadan! Oh by the way they need to bring back that Edgemaster/Charade/ORly type character back into the series. I mean if Tekken can continue to drag on with Mokujin, why not SC sticking to one of those characters?

I would main Charade

No guest characters, bring in like 9 new characters, like tekken 6 and br

Which is y i said its time for some new weapons. new weapons = new characters....PERMANENT CHARACTERS

Darth Maul
Darth Sidius
Obi Wan Kanobi
Mace Windu
Luke Skywalker

Yeah I said it.

EDIT: Also Emperor's throne room with ring out in the middle of the ring.

Cloud Strife. Sephiroth.

XD XD XD CloudXSephiroth XD XD XD

I'mma pwn noobs with Ultima Weapon and Masamune. ^_^ Tsuyoi desu yo! ^_~ XD!!!!!!!1111!!!!!!!!1

Cloud Strife. Sephiroth.

XD XD XD CloudXSephiroth XD XD XD

Oh yah, you can never go wrong with those 2. I'd also like to see Master Chief and Goku!

Ooh ooh and the Green Power Ranger, his critical finisher should have his Dragonzord stomp your oponent, like SPLAT!

I'm going to go the middle way, and say there should be a roster editor where players could swap in and out characters, on the conditions that;
- There must always be a "full" roster of, say, 30 characters or 26 characters with four group slots reserved for players to create their own sets. This means that you must fill in all slots in the roster with characters or sets of characters. So for example, if you remove a character from the roster, the roster cannot be considered "legal" until you add a character or a set of characters into the vacant slot. Removed regular characters are placed into a "folder" which, for the purposes of explaining how the roster editor works, I will call "Original Characters", guest characters into the "Guest Characters" folder, bonus characters in the "Bonus Characters" folder, and characters that are downloaded and imported into the game, in the "Imported Characters" folder.
- The slots reserved for random character selection and custom characters cannot be moved to another slot, or removed.
- You can only permanently remove from the game, characters that you have downloaded and imported into the game, since characters that are downloaded and imported into the game, would be classed in that respect as "add-ons", and can be safely removed without any problems When regular, bonus and guest characters are removed from the roster, all character data for those characters must automatically remain on the game disc or inside the character folder on the hard disk if the Soul Calibur game was downloaded from the Playstation Store or Xbox Live Marketplace, because permanently removing regular characters may cause the game to stop working properly.
- Other regular characters that featured as regular characters in past Soul Calibur games and Soul Edge/Blade, but not in recent instalments, should also be placed in the Original Characters folder; this includes Hwang, Arthur, Li Long, Olcadan and Charade. The main reason for this, is to give flexibility for those who prefer to play without bonus or guest characters.

ummmmm, y not just hav all characters in the character select screen at once? wat ur saying would cause problems for tournament play and major problems for online. not to sound harsh, but thats not a very good idea.

What's with the hate with guest characters?
It's not like they're gonna be in every SC game.
I personally think guests are a nice bonus.

Besides:
Soul blade was the beginning. No guests.
Soul Calibur added my boy Yoshi, Asta, Xianghua, Kilik, Maxi, and Lizzy. No guests.
Soul Calibur 2 added Cass, Talim, and Ivy. Link(GC), Spawn(X-box), Heihachi(PS2)
Soul Calibur 3 added Sets, Tira, and Zas. No guests unless you count CAS.
Soul Calibur 4 added Algol, Hilde, and Damp(only for BD). Yoda and Vader.

:sc1yos1:Soul Calibur 2 and 4 are the only two games with guests from other games.:sc1yos1:

yo namu...the whole thing with guest hate is that it takes away time they could be spending on making REAL characters and wrking on the actual game. In order to get guest characters they have to get liscenses and contracts and make the character and movelist, and in that time they could of had 2 characters and a level done...

yo they just need to bring necrid and spawn back and maybe add conan whos critical would include his entourage of freshly saved(SHAVED?) naked chix

I'd absolutely DIE if they added Himura Kenshin to the cast! OMG i would dedicate every waking hour of my life playing him. That'd be SICK! i've always wished my fav anime char to be added to my fav video game. It would be INSANE to see Kenshin in SC5. i've been wishing this since SC2 *cries*

They could have him sorta mirror tira's aspect. where one side of him is the Battousai and the other is the Rurouni. man so much possibilities of sick gameplay with him. please namco! hear my word!

Isn't Yoshi technically a guest character from Tekken in Soul Calibur and just became a staple from then on?

Sorta, but he really never fit with the rest of the tekken cast. he's like the only guy with a weapon. Soul Calibur is where he belongs, And so does Kenshin!!

I'd love to see quite a few characters from the books of R.A. Salvatore brought to life via SC5....Drizzt Do'Urden....nuf said..not really TWIN SCIMITARS FTW!!!!! him and Artemis Entreri(Long Sword and Dagger that can steal ur life force to replenish his own...awesome)

Back