Soul Calibur 5 Guest/Bonus/CAS Character Discussion

Because is 100% confirmed that there is at least one, so at this point the only thing that we can hope is that is'nt a horrible unfitting bs like in SC4
Well they did say early on that whatever guest they used would 'fit' in the game.

Then again, sometimes they give the impression that they thought the Star Wars characters 'fit'.

Well they did say early on that whatever guest they used would 'fit' in the game.

Then again, sometimes they give the impression that they thought the Star Wars characters 'fit'.
Hey, the star wars chars were all right (even if they didnt fit)

1- Well they did say early on that whatever guest they used would 'fit' in the game.

2- Then again, sometimes they give the impression that they thought the Star Wars characters 'fit'.

1- And i want to be optimistic, but...

2- ...but point 2, exactly

I hope it's Ezio Auditore, I mean an Assassin that is close to their time period would be awesome. Assassins' Creed is an extraordinary game, now merge that game with an even more beguiling game. I think Ezio would fit the Soul Calibur Universe, because they're from similar time periods, he's an Assassin, uses weapons, he's fast and can be tricky/sneaky, mysterious, strong, has courage....etc. everything a SC character is.

Yeahh... Well, I care more about the balance and gameplay of the character than how well it fits. The real problem in the Star Wars characters is that they were overpowered, had attacks with infinite range, their movesets were mostly boring, and most combos didn't even hit Yoda. And to top it off, it was Star Wars in the middle ages, but that's just the least important part.

The only reason guest characters exist is to attract a crowd of casual gamers that heard about this badass game with a monster that had a giant sword with an eye. They were not made for us who seek a deep fighting experience, they were made for those Who wouldn't stand a chance against Algol in arcade mode - Hence all the given unbalances -

I think that we should worry more about the characters that we'll actually use, not those who we'll most likely and up complaining about (and you know it's true). A good guest character will be welcome, and it's necessary for the game to be popular among more casual players -along with CaS-, but it's the characters we'll probably use the least and the characters the development team will put the less effort in deepening and balancing; In fact, I'm pretty sure that whatever it is, it will be simple, overpowered and favored against most moves. It will also be a pleasure for button mashers, and many other things a casual player would seek in order to have a simple, easy to play fighting experience.

Over the time, these guest characters will be banned in tournaments, and since they cannot be used in CaS characters, they will be forgotten by the people they were made for. That's the fate of guest characters.

I just hope we get something that's fun to use.

Yeahh... Well, I care more about the balance and gameplay of the character than how well it fits. The real problem in the Star Wars characters is that they were overpowered, had attacks with infinite range, their movesets were mostly boring, and most combos didn't even hit Yoda. And to top it off, it was Star Wars in the middle ages, but that's just the least important part.

The only reason guest characters exist is to attract a crowd of casual gamers that heard about this badass game with a monster that had a giant sword with an eye. They were not made for us who seek a deep fighting experience, they were made for those Who wouldn't stand a chance against Algol in arcade mode - Hence all the given unbalances -

-SW characters were not overpowered. They was just ugly/unfitting and burn my eyes. They was the lowest point ever touched by the SC saga. By far.
But overpowered? No

-Basically "don't care about Guest if they fit or not... are for casual,not for you"?
Well my friend,in my humble opinion, at least in my wishes, fuck the casuals i root for myself,and myself want a fitting,not horrible, maybe even fun to use Guest :D
But yes,Guest IS for the casuals
So at this point i hope something like Ezio: will fit,will have cool design, will have "realistic" fitting fight style... will not hurt real SC fan eyes. But it will attract TONS of casuals/noobs/bald peoples too.
All happy,everybody win :D

I hope it's Ezio Auditore, I mean an Assassin that is close to their time period would be awesome. Assassins' Creed is an extraordinary game, now merge that game with an even more beguiling game. I think Ezio would fit the Soul Calibur Universe, because they're from similar time periods, he's an Assassin, uses weapons, he's fast and can be tricky/sneaky, mysterious, strong, has courage....etc. everything a SC character is.
^ This!
I totally agree. Either Ezio or Altair with Ezio's gear. :P

Still saying its Lightning. Before you guys start thinking I'm an Lightning fanboy let me just say that I hate the bitch. She's a soulless robot that never really develops into her own character (that can be said about a lot of the FF14 cast). Also, the release dates with AC Revelations, Nov. 2011, don't match up with SCV, summer 2012, while FF14-2 does, late 2012.

The guest characters are not JUST for casuals. Some people like to play as the guest characters and can play them at a high level, like OOFMATIC. If they are not console exclusive or break the game I'm the SC community will tolerate them in tourneys.

P.S. Berserk sucks. Just a whiny gay fairy and a crappy anti hero with crappy back stories and no character development.

P.S. Berserk sucks. Just a whiny gay fairy and a crappy anti hero with crappy back stories and no character development.

I like this, thanks for posting
Is thanks to special guys like you if average IQ level peoples have the oppurtunity to feel like genious

Again,thanks :D

I'll add more things.

I want the CaS characters to look just as good as the Original characters.

I Want to be able to mix and match hair and bangs. I.E to have the long hair, the one that comes with sophitia, mixed with the bangs from amy's haircut.

I want to have the ability to give my CaS characters highlights.

I want more Weapons if we can't re color them.

Less useless items in CaS, for instance, the wonder jacket, or the opera mask, no one made a character with those items unless they were making them hideous on purpose, or where making a special character.

The ability to pick the lines your character will say when coupled with a voice.

It would be interesting to see Dragon Age/Mass Effect/Elder Scrolls/BlahWesternRPGBlahEtc. styled base character creation tool that lets you really get in an edit the face/head/bone structure before moving on to the clothing/armor selections of the previous CaS iterations.

In the old CaS systems I usually ended up with one or two preset faces I liked for each gender and used for almost all my characters.

It would be interesting to see Dragon Age/Mass Effect/Elder Scrolls/BlahWesternRPGBlahEtc. styled base character creation tool that lets you really get in an edit the face/head/bone structure before moving on to the clothing/armor selections of the previous CaS iterations.

In the old CaS systems I usually ended up with one or two preset faces I liked for each gender and used for almost all my characters.
Yeah but those things can get waaaay too specific. Rift customization would be amazing though, but I think it would be better to have the 7 or 8 presets and then being able to edit those a smidgen.

All I want is one teeny, tiny, simple thing.

If there were more costume options than just Euro-Asian fantasy-appropriate wear.
Some people like making dudes from Africa. Or Arabia. Or anywhere that isn't Europe, Japan, or China.

Yeah but those things can get waaaay too specific. Rift customization would be amazing though, but I think it would be better to have the 7 or 8 presets and then being able to edit those a smidgen.

Yeah, very much like on sims!
I want to be able to make characters with squinty eyes like Ivy, a cute round head like sophitia, and long beautiful hair like setsuka, with the fashion sense of hilde

All I want is one teeny, tiny, simple thing.

If there were more costume options than just Euro-Asian fantasy-appropriate wear.
Some people like making dudes from Africa. Or Arabia. Or anywhere that isn't Europe, Japan, or China.
Agree, but the problem imho is more about fantasy bs than europe/jap majority
Stupid example,if you want do an european dude that wear no armor,basically ONLY decent option is Raph's dueller jacket
Anyway i'm all for more etnic and realistic feeling,not only for the CaS but for the game as a whole

Back