Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a good news !

A french magazine called "Gamekult" reviewed the demo and according to Namco, the character selection screen isn't final and not representative of the finale roster.

Sources -> https://www.gamekult.com/jeux/soulcalibur-vi-3050877373/test.html

"Il faut néanmoins garder en tête que son développement est encore loin d'être fini et que l'équipe en charge de sa gestation - menée par le réalisateur Yoshiyuki Takahashi et le producteur Motohiro Okubo déjà à l'oeuvre sur Tekken 7 - garde des surprises sous le coude. Le nombre de personnages jouables (le compte d'emplacements vides autour de Mitsurugi et Sophitia n'était pas représentatif selon Bandai Namco), les possibilités de création / personnalisation des combattant.e.s, le déroulement du mode Histoire ou les options de jeu en ligne restent en chantier jusqu'à nouvel ordre."

(I can translate if you want, for non-french readers)

I have a good news !

A french magazine called "Gamekult" reviewed the demo and according to Namco, the character selection screen isn't final and not representative of the finale roster.

"Il faut néanmoins garder en tête que son développement est encore loin d'être fini et que l'équipe en charge de sa gestation - menée par le réalisateur Yoshiyuki Takahashi et le producteur Motohiro Okubo déjà à l'oeuvre sur Tekken 7 - garde des surprises sous le coude. Le nombre de personnages jouables (le compte d'emplacements vides autour de Mitsurugi et Sophitia n'était pas représentatif selon Bandai Namco), les possibilités de création / personnalisation des combattant.e.s, le déroulement du mode Histoire ou les options de jeu en ligne restent en chantier jusqu'à nouvel ordre."

Knew it.

I have a good news !

Hum interesting, so game should be even better than expected.

I see now what you meant. All the other Soulcalibur character select screens have been symmetrical both ways to my knowledge, so this looks a little odd to me. Imo it should be more like a honeycomb.
Indeed, a honeycomb like structure would be the most efficient way and would fit much more in this chose of the design ... i hope the do something this way.

Reactions: Ave
And I must add to you, that a male lover is most certainly not the same thing as a wife. Remember, not all wives were married out of love (most were not, actually, historians remind us of the ones which were, because those were rare cases), which led to stupid sexist phrases like the one you claim to be so virtuous. Male lovers were not even something acceptable in many cultures, and even when it happened, it was quite limited in most of the exceptions. So yes, its essentially a forbidden love that most people go against, yet he wanted to defend it from the world itself.

Bitch I love u

I have a good news !

I told you guys Queen Okubo wouldn't let us down! You gotta have faith bois

Do we even have to ask, darling?

Okaaayy .. aha so I'll try my best , so here we go :

"We have to keep in mind that SC6's development is far from being done and that the team in charge of it's gestation - leaded by director Yoshiyuki Takahashi and producer Motohiro Okubo -still working on Tekken 7- still keeps surprises. The number of playable characters (the number of empty slots around Mitsurugi and Sophitia wasn't representative according Bandai Namco), character creation's possibilities and customization, the story mode or online options are still in construction until next order".

I'm sorry, I just cannot take people like you seriously. Are you actually trying to defend Cao Cao of all people?

Not really, which is why I cited the other two as well. Even so, by the measure of his time period, he was far more multi-faceted than you seem to think. The Romance of the Three Kingdoms actually villainized him rather than the opposite.

Also, since when is "being a warrior that killed for their lord" is a good thing?

"Since when was loyalty to one's country/leader a good thing"
Some would argue it still is today.

but that does not answer for everything else they did in life.
Oh? Please cite the bad things Zhao Yun did in life.
Oh wait, there are essentially no recorded events that suggested that he was anything but noble- despite his compatriots of the age being recorded as being far less so. His loyalty to Liu Bei is his most questionable trait- and when loyalty is the "worst" trait you have, you are really stretching to find flaws.

Also, RotTK is close to Soul Calibur?

...did you even read my post? I said the book was written close to Soul Calibur, and that the line is an invention by the author to make the character seem more virtuous.

RotTK happens in various years, around 200 AD,
while Soul Calibur is 1586, so, yes, its about 1300 years close, extremely close obviously.

Since this is about the author and his book, try the 1350s, so it's more like 200 years, and now remember that his book had a Shakespearean influence in East Asia and is possibly the most read (and beloved) book in all of China. What time the plot of his book takes place means nothing(for the record, it's inbetween 169-280 AD) because the statement is from the 14th century, not the 3rd.

The book was hugely influential in 1586.

You must be fucking joking.

And you must be misreading.

If that one isn't final, I'm still wishing. I mean do we even need to be told to select our character even though it's obvious what that screen is? There's a few good spots being occupied because of it. I mean the character portraits can also shrink... but maybe I'm attached to that layout.

God fucking dammit, someone please translate the text, I want to know what the french said.

Basically says the empty slots arent representative of playable characters and they're still working on character creation, the story, and online. The rest is fluff.

Okaaayy .. aha so I'll try my best , so here we go :

"We have to keep in mind that SC6's development is far from being done and that the team in charge of it's gestation - leaded by director Yoshiyuki Takahashi and producer Motohiro Okubo -still working on Tekken 7- still keeps surprises. The number of playable characters (the number of empty slots around Mitsurugi and Sophitia wasn't representative according Bandai Namco), character creation's possibilities and customization, the story mode or online options are still in construction until next order".
THANK... FUCKING... GOD!!! Wait, Story and Online are not done, yet its 70% done? How much content will we have? I'm starting to be happy again.

I think the best way to look at RE's right now are auto GI vertical attacks with 30+ frames of startup, no tracking, but are essentially unblockables that lead into something of a rock/paper/scissors scenario, so they don't guarantee any damage (unless the initial attack lands). I haven't been paying much attention to sophi, but mitsu has a ton of way to counter RE's, for example, any string that can transition into relic B will be a hard counter against a RE since relic B is both a sidestepping attack and a GB.
I am a bit worried about combos being even shorter than sc4 though, based off of mitsu who has lost his relic [A], mist 6, 11B[A], and the splat after his A+B6 (kicks you off his sword move), it would appear his combo potential has decreased from sc4. So, it is even more disappointing that soul charge is unlikely to be something we can combo into due to its stupid activation hitbox. I'm trying to figure out what exactly the developers are going for based off of what is different about this mitsu, and from what I can see, his combos will most likely be shorter than in sc4/5 and his low/mid mixup game has been nerfed (2KB and mist KB are no longer natural combos and he lost his low kick from relic), although he has a new low, unless it's safe on block, it's a downgrade from the traditional 2KB. Without knowing frame data I can't really say if they're going for a game that revolves more around frame traps and poking instead of 50/50's and big combos but it seems likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back