Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't support BS DLC, like disc locked content, that is all. Other DLC is fine as long as it's not there due to a rushed game or something. And PS has been pretty good about the whole not making a super edition of their games. The closest they've done was Broken Destiny but it was only on psp so few can even complain. Hopefully, they won't go down the street figter path and keep remaking the same game. I want them to take all the time in the world and make a perfect SCVI, rather than three improved SCVI. =_=
They also hadn't done a free-to-play game... until they made a free-to-play. Doing an updated rerelease is one of the easiest ways to milk a product and "extend" the life of a game. The DLC cycle for Lost Swords has lasted much longer than SCV did, which is telling to me.

They also hadn't done a free-to-play game... until they made a free-to-play. Doing an updated rerelease is one of the easiest ways to milk a product and "extend" the life of a game. The DLC cycle for Lost Swords has lasted much longer than SCV did, which is telling to me.
I feel like Lost Swords was heavily influenced by Tekken's Free to play, and as usual, Bamco hates us and turned it into a gigantic joke compared to tekken

There's something that kind of confuses me. If Namco and Project Soul want to distance themselves from SCV, why is Natsu the Soulcalibur representative in Project X Zone 2? Seriously, who made that decision?
Why do you think that he wants to distance himself from SCV?

Why do you think that he wants to distance himself from SCV?
I seem to be the only one who noticed (please tell me I'm wasn't) but when Hoshino took charge, he reverted the new Project Soul logo Daishi wanted to use back to the classic one featuring Nightmare. Also, the marketing has put a heavy emphasis on the older cast, particularly the Alexandra girls. He even made fun of Patroklos on their Facebook page, saying he was "impressed" with how the hero SCV ranked so low.

The logo is a fair point. I think he is trying to blend the old characters with new characters (Leixia is the latest character added to lost swords). The Facebook part though, that is a different guy who posted the poll and the comments in the first place. Namco Bandai Europe, who mainly run the page, started periodically sending results to Project Soul.

Which is why you see this: http://gyazo.com/ab3b35ee439b2d68455abb17bdbccab7

And this a week after the poll was made on Hoshino's page:
Take note of the poll's url too. If it was by Project Soul, then it would say .jp and not .eu.

The logo is a fair point. I think he is trying to blend the old characters with new characters (Leixia is the latest character added to lost swords). The Facebook part though, that is a different guy who posted the poll and the comments in the first place. Namco Bandai Europe, who mainly run the page, started periodically sending results to Project Soul.

Which is why you see this: http://gyazo.com/ab3b35ee439b2d68455abb17bdbccab7

And this a week after the poll was made on Hoshino's page:
Take note of the poll's url too. If it was by Project Soul, then it would say .jp and not .eu.
Could've sworn I saw Hoshino commenting on Facebook once, signing with -H.

I must admit I'm a little worried about what the next game is going to be like. What if Hoshino really does continue Daishi's direction? That's the worst thing that could happen. I felt this before, I just can't shake off the worry. It doesn't help that Hoshino doesn't publicly speak about his views of the series, so we have to guess ourselves.

Fingers crossed!!!!

I must admit I'm a little worried about what the next game is going to be like. What if Hoshino really does continue Daishi's direction? That's the worst thing that could happen. I felt this before, I just can't shake off the worry. It doesn't help that Hoshino doesn't publicly speak about his views of the series, so we have to guess ourselves.
Nah,i think they've learned from their previous mistakes :]
The poll is a confirmation that the Iconic characters will most likely return :]

I think we're in pretty good shape. No need to worry just yet especially when nothings official. Theyve learned a TON from Soulcalibur5.

Considering how good the gameplay is in Soulcalibur5 (arguably the best in the series), the only thing the team needs to do is tweak the system a little, add a good story mode, good roster and online with good netcode.

I think the future is pretty bright.

I think we're in pretty good shape. No need to worry just yet especially when nothings official. Theyve learned a TON from Soulcalibur5.

Considering how good the gameplay is in Soulcalibur5 (arguably the best in the series), the only thing the team needs to do is tweak the system a little, add a good story mode, good roster and online with good netcode.

I think the future is pretty bright.
Also, more content. MK series has the right idea, don't go "we have online so we don't need extra content" please.

Also, more content. MK series has the right idea, don't go "we have online so we don't need extra content" please.

Agreed. MK certainly set the bar high on whats possible when it comes to fighting games. Never has a story mode been so robust, not to mention the deep unlocking system with the krypt and tower challenges and the variety of offline and online modes. Truly a quality game even if the netcode is infuriating at times.

SC6 doesnt need to go all out MK style but diverse modes like SoulArena in SC3 wouldnt hurt (bring back team battle too) and I certainly miss when unlocking stuff used to be fun and challenging (SC2-SC4).

Im just gonna try to stay positive, hopefully theyre considering everything we are.

Agreed. MK certainly set the bar high on whats possible when it comes to fighting games. Never has a story mode been so robust, not to mention the deep unlocking system with the krypt and tower challenges and the variety of offline and online modes. Truly a quality game even if the netcode is infuriating at times.

SC6 doesnt need to go all out MK style but diverse modes like SoulArena in SC3 wouldnt hurt (bring back team battle too) and I certainly miss when unlocking stuff used to be fun and challenging (SC2-SC4).

Im just gonna try to stay positive, hopefully theyre considering everything we are.
Personally, I hope they have an awesome story mode like MK9 did. The SC lore is perfect for it, but the games only vaguely referenced it due to the arcade-style endings. SCV was an attempt to give us a robust story, but it failed for a number of reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back