Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not most I can say, I agree with you on most parts, but I still don't like Talim she seems to off, I don't know why ^^
Oh I can understand. I couldn't play her in SCIII because I had the same feeling lol. They jacked up her wind thing it got really irritating. Despite her likeable personality, the people who made her quotes after SCII just... failed terribly. Hopefully if she returns as a more mature wind priestess, we'll see some more eloguent and mature lines from her. :D

Not the past, but the future is good enough and she saw Raphael's future and if she didn't see herself in his future that could mean that she's not Amy, but yeah she might be her clone and she might need to kill Amy to get her memory back (or take Amy's memory) ^^ that's all for my theory, so if I'm right Amy and Viola SC6 confirmed XD and only one of them will stay for SC7 :p
Viola is the Star of Chaos and the Seer of the Moon so I wouldn't be surprise if she is not Amy despite theoretically most people believe she's Amy. However, regardless which theories are true or not the fact is Viola and Amy have the same voice actress, same eye color, both have unknown birth dates and could have age slowly due to malfestation, and other bunch of clues to support the theory that Viola is Amy.

Oh I can understand. I couldn't play her in SCIII because I had the same feeling lol. They jacked up her wind thing it got really irritating. Despite her likeable personality, the people who made her quotes after SCII just... failed terribly. Hopefully if she returns as a more mature wind priestess, we'll see some more eloguent and mature lines from her. :D

Maybe if she returns as more mature it could be better, I really didn't like the lil girl part ^^
Amy was much better (well in SC3 she only knew how to say her name like a Pokemon, at least she will never forget it... ^^ but still less annoying :p)

Viola is the Star of Chaos and the Seer of the Moon so I wouldn't be surprise if she is not Amy despite theoretically most people believe she's Amy. However, regardless which theories are true or not the fact is Viola and Amy have the same voice actress, same eye color, both have unknown birth dates and could have age slowly due to malfestation, and other bunch of clues to support the theory that Viola is Amy.

Yeah, but all that can be countered by the fact that they wanted to renew the character list, but still "keep" the old skins like with phyrra that looks like Cass and Soph or Leixia and Xianghua. When they tried to do something they did it wrong, just look at Xiba, Natsu, ZWEI... *facepalm* ^^
The malfestation part can't be a real argument cus it acts however it wants (ex: Ivy or Tira)
As for the voice actor they used somebody that they know :p and I think that Amy would have changed her voice if she age
(And not sure for the eye color part, and if it is the case why would she keep the eye color but lose the hair color?)

Yeah Talim and also Raphael voice actors in SCII is way better compare to that cartoonish SCIII.

Yeah, but all that can be countered by the fact that they wanted to renew the character list, but still "keep" the old skins like with phyrra that looks like Cass and Soph or Leixia and Xianghua. When they tried to do something they did it wrong, just look at Xiba, Natsu, ZWEI... *facepalm* ^^
The malfestation part can't be a real argument cus it acts however it wants (ex: Ivy or Tira)
As for the voice actor they used somebody that they know :p and I think that Amy would have changed her voice if she age
(And not sure for the eye color part, and if it is the case why would she keep the eye color but lose the hair color?)
Hmm I doubt what you say about the malfestation part, because look at Maxi, Ivy, Tira, Amy, and Raphael during the past years before and during SCV. They have age slowly and still look young ( Soul Edge/Evil Seed have brought the Fountain of Youth to Soul Calibur universe) and some of them like Raphael and Amy have their eye and hair color change to different colors because of contacting the evil blade. Viola's hair and skin tone could have change to pure white because constant use of inhuman magic( similar to Star Wars with dark side influence) could have cut her hair short to remain fashionable in different outfits or perhaps her long hair style got old. Viola's hair style does resembles more to Abelia than Amy, but that doesn't mean she's not Amy because similar drill hair style, but shorter and less wide appearance.

can we not start the whole Amy=/=Viola debate here? again? i'm beyond tired of seeing it outside of threads that are meant for it. it's been a dead end topic for years. just let the shit go! wait until you get a confirmation THEN you can finally make a topic talking about that. everyone just post up the same hypothesis and the same "evidence" and skepticism over and over again cause there's been no new leads on the subject. so people just echo each other until the end of time.

On related topic news, i want to get Cassandra in. i'd love to see her reaction to Pat as the king of Douchebags. Plus Cass is just my favorite SC character. she seems to be one of the ones with the most sense out of the younger characters.

can we not start the whole Amy=/=Viola debate here? again? i'm beyond tired of seeing it outside of threads that are meant for it. it's been a dead end topic for years. just let the shit go! wait until you get a confirmation THEN you can finally make a topic talking about that. everyone just post up the same hypothesis and the same "evidence" and skepticism over and over again cause there's been no new leads on the subject. so people just echo each other until the end of time.

On related topic news, i want to get Cassandra in. i'd love to see her reaction to Pat as the king of Douchebags. Plus Cass is just my favorite SC character. she seems to be one of the ones with the most sense out of the younger characters.
Agree on the viola amy thing. It's like beating a dead horse over and over. Been stated multiple times and we should all just wait for exact confirmation. I don't even like Amy in the first place lol.

It'd be cool to see Cass come in and kick Pat in gear. The artbook did say she likes to tease him lmao. I'd say the one with the most sense in the previous younger generation would probably be Hilde, Talim and Kilik though. Cassy was always headstrong and liked to jump into things.

Agree on the viola amy thing. It's like beating a dead horse over and over. Been stated multiple times and we should all just wait for exact confirmation. I don't even like Amy in the first place lol.

It'd be cool to see Cass come in and kick Pat in gear. The artbook did say she likes to tease him lmao. I'd say the one with the most sense in the previous younger generation would probably be Hilde, Talim and Kilik though. Cassy was always headstrong and liked to jump into things.
but remember that Cass was the only character to realize that both swords caused destruction. not just soul edge, which is why she broke both. I call that being extremely wise. she may be headstrong but her heart is in the right place.

but remember that Cass was the only character to realize that both swords caused destruction. not just soul edge, which is why she broke both. I call that being extremely wise. she may be headstrong but her heart is in the right place.
True that. She's got a good heart and I like how she cares so much for family. :3

I just realized that she was right all along. They had never really shown Soul Calibur's dark side fully until SC5, and looks like she was right, with how Elysium manipulated Patroklos.

Project Soul is asking us who our favorite SC character is. Is this basically them trying to see what roster the fans want so they don't repeat SCV in the next game?

Project Soul is asking us who our favorite SC character is. Is this basically them trying to see what roster the fans want so they don't repeat SCV in the next game?
I guess that's the case, because it's not like there just doing this popular poll vote just for fun. Also having well-known, likable, and effective playable characters in the new SCVI will make the roster better.

I'd think the roster is already mostly decided on (assuming SC6 started development around the time Namco announced Hoshino was in charge of the brand), but maybe this is for DLC characters or to add a few more characters during development?

I'd think the roster is already mostly decided on (assuming SC6 started development around the time Namco announced Hoshino was in charge of the brand), but maybe this is for DLC characters or to add a few more characters during development?
Unlikely that the veterans are going to be DLC characters, since Hoshino has clearly displayed a preference for the older cast.

There you f*cking go ^^
there.png

Last edited:
Unlikely that the veterans are going to be DLC characters, since Hoshino has clearly displayed a preference for the older cast.
One could be cynical and say that Lost Swords is an indication they're willing to charge for classic characters. But I agree that SC6 will likely feature a lot of returning classic characters. To be realistic, this poll is probably just for marketing and it won't make much practical difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back