Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
without watermarks

DQh5Xn0V4AAVECB.jpg:large

DQh5XnyVAAEgaKh.jpg:large

I wonder how's the timing of the reveals is gonna work, i though about 1 character reveal per month, but actually if the game came next Summer, it could be 2 characters reveal per month, if not more. Considering the game should hypothetically have about 25-30 characters.

Also Evo is set to be on August. So if SC6 came out before it would very likely be one of the main games at Evo, at least i hope so, OMG i'm soooo excited about this!!

Everytime i read the “History hides away more than one truth…”, is like they'll indirectly telling people: "Don't worry guys, we'll recton SCV from existence" lol

So all the characters from Soul Calibur 1 will be in 6 and newcomers. YES!

I wonder what they’ve thought about the elaborateness gameplay-wise about CaS. I don’t know how many people were like “fuck it” but I did enjoy the various fighting styles of III and how we had to put in good effort to receive our desired official style.

"The SOULCALIBUR franchise has been the premier 3D weapon-based fighting series since the original SOUL BLADE released in arcades in 1995. SOULCALIBUR VI retains the series’ signature 8-Way Run movement system, providing super smooth 3D movement, while integrating new gameplay systems such as the exciting Reversal Edge. Reversal Edge enables characters to clash against each other and follow-up with powerful counterattacks based on their opponent’s actions. Challenge the computer AI, compete against friends, or challenge fighters from around the world in high-speed dynamic battles with jaw-dropping visual effects."

No word about CaS? Hum...

"Players can expect a diverse roster of warriors including fan-favorites and some fierce newcomers. Each character will have their own signature weapon, fighting style, and identity. Stay tuned as we’ll have more updates on characters soon!"

Translation = We're sorry for the mimics and stuff you hated on V.

I wonder what they’ve thought about the elaborateness gameplay-wise about CaS. I don’t know how many people were like “fuck it” but I did enjoy the various fighting styles of III and how we had to put in good effort to receive our desired official style.

Personal peeve but I’d also like a wider voice option. More than six character voices. I know it’s not the same, but I used to play Ragnarok Odyssey ACE and remembering that it had at least 22 character voice options if not more.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/soulcalibur-6-announced-first-gameplay-details-rev/1100-6455475/

Travel through the signature 16th century stages and experience the struggle for the two legendary swords using a complete roster of returning iconic SoulCalibur characters, along with some newcomers.

Well, if it wasn't already obvious, SCVI indeed takes place in the 16th century ie. the setting for all games before SCV. I take we got all of our old favorites back in one sweep. Basically, a dream come true since day one.

"The SOULCALIBUR franchise has been the premier 3D weapon-based fighting series since the original SOUL BLADE released in arcades in 1995. SOULCALIBUR VI retains the series’ signature 8-Way Run movement system, providing super smooth 3D movement, while integrating new gameplay systems such as the exciting Reversal Edge. Reversal Edge enables characters to clash against each other and follow-up with powerful counterattacks based on their opponent’s actions. Challenge the computer AI, compete against friends, or challenge fighters from around the world in high-speed dynamic battles with jaw-dropping visual effects."

No word about CaS? Hum...
I haven't heard anything about CaS yet at all, but I didn't know about Reversal Edge either for instance, so I've already made it well known that I don't know everything there is to know about the game obviously. Only what I've been told and have the honor to know ahead of time.
That being said, if they really aren't including CaS on SCVI.... they're leaving money on the table in regards to sales in a bad way. That's become an entire additional attraction to people loving the series.
I do think they should allow players to regulate whether or not they want to face CaS opponents online. But other than that I have zero issue with the feature and never have.
I can only hope and assume they're saving that reveal for later since it's a big thing for them and there's no point in revealing it too soon before they work out the kinks and figure out what all they want players to be able to customize.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back