Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've already seen many characters select screen where new characters and their slots appeared at the same time.
Maybe unlocking characters will make other "circles" appear? I don't know.

WTF man, Rock is a staple of Soul Calibur series - Big native american with axe or mace and a head of an animal. This is very cool. Rock was one of the nostalgic elements of Soul Blade in my childhood and his grass stage, he was kind big man, like a rival to Astaroth in SC1. It's like Tekken without King, I don't buy it. So ALL get the fuck off of Rock :)
Rock is native american?

SC had 20 characters, including Arthur and Inferno and Edgemaster. Maybe the new and returning characters will be unlocked and added to the character selection as you progress with the (now altered) storyline. Who knows. Let's wait and see. They are not going to add characters on demand when they're at >70% of development anyway.

WTF man, Rock is a staple of Soul Calibur series - Big native american with axe or mace and a head of an animal. This is very cool. Rock was one of the nostalgic elements of Soul Blade in my childhood and his grass stage, he was kind big man, like a rival to Astaroth in SC1. It's like Tekken without King, I don't buy it. So ALL get the fuck off of Rock :)
Rock is not a staple, he is a leftover. They just left him there for no reason and he never did anything good, no uniqueness, no relevance, no use, no personality, no strenght. Also, I take Maxi or Ashlotte or nobody as a rival to Astaroth instead of Rock.

Rock is not a staple, he is a leftover. They just left him there for no reason and he never did anything good, no uniqueness, no relevance, no use, no personality, no strenght. Also, I take Maxi or Ashlotte or nobody as a rival to Astaroth instead of Rock.
Actually (in the story) Rock was the inspiration model for the creation of (the golem) Astaroth.
So Astaroth is the Rock clone (theoretically) :P

I personally love the score board and presentation, looks will clean with a classic look. The character select screen has plenty of space for more circles/slots.

I really wish they would bring back the timeout animation when they get killed standing, like after Sophitia's A grab. Looks so stupid the way they have it now.

Decided to look into how a roster limited to one user of each weapon style, with no quasi-clones or shared weapons would look:
1 Talim
2 Taki
3 Mitsurugi/Yoshimitsu(I'm aware they are very differentiated, don't bite my head off)
4 Ivy
5 Kilik/Seong-Mina/Xiba
6 Siegfried/Nightmare
7 Zasalamel/Abyss
8 Tira
9 Sophitia/Cassandra/Pyrrha/Pyrrha Omega/Patroklos/Lizardman(Pre-Axe)
10 Amy/Raphael
11 Yun-Seong/Hwang/Assassin
12 Cervantes/Soul Edge
13 Voldo
14 Xianghua/Leixia
15 Setsuka/Alpha Patroklos
16 Viola
17 Maxi/Li Long
18 Hilde
19 Astaroth/Rock/Berserker
20 Z.W.E.I.
21 Lizardman/Aeon
22 Algol
23 Dampierre
24 Charade/Olcadan/Elysium/Edge Master

That's pretty close to 20. Scratch out Dampierre(as much as I like him, he's not a likely inclusion), the Mimics, and the entirely unique SCV newcomers and you have 20. Scratch out Algol as well(since unless there is a lot of changes to the plot he should not be active at all) and we have 19.

It might be that they either have focused on having each separate style first- clones or other characters with similar styles might be the DLC. Or they might be in invisible slots until unlocked.

I honestly suspect the 20 slots are just gonna be the characters available from the start, without unlocking or the like.

Well Rock isn't actually Native American, he's an Englishman whose ship sank and he learned to live off the land in the Americas. Bangoo is Native though.

I really REALLY doubt it's just 20 characters. These slots can be for the characters they've created thus far. If one slot is for CaS & another one is for the "random" slot, that would make it 18 characters. Do you honestly believe they'll do that?

I really wish they would bring back the timeout animation when they get killed standing, like after Sophitia's A grab. Looks so stupid the way they have it now.

Or they could do it so the animation after getting killed standing is the same as the animation for her :A::+::G::(2): grab where the opponent just sinks to the ground

You guys think all SC1 characters will make it? Personally i think not all, but instead all will appear in some kind in the story mode, and then (maybe) they'll come later as DLC, just like in MKX

Some personal Roster speculations here:

soul-calibur-3.jpg

Characters that i think may not make it at launch:

Inferno (this one won't make it for sure IMO even as DLC lmao)
Hwang, Rock, Mina, Lizardman, Edgemaster: Those are the characters i think they may not be in the game, since the launch at least.

Also Sieg or Night, maybe they'll fuse the 2 characters in 1 like in SC2, and if so, he (night/sieg) will definitely be in the game since launch
... or maybe not, and if so one of them would be as DLC while the other will be in the game since launch.

All the other characters should be at launch imo, and in the case one of them won't be in since launch, they'll probably be in the game later as DLC since they're all too inconic, popular and important.

Hmm 20 slots huh, so:

Confirmed:

1. Mitsurugi
2: Sophitia
3. New Character
4. New Character
5. Guest Character

Leaked Characters:

6. Kilik
7. Xianghua
8. Nightmare
9. Siegfried
10. Talim
11. Tira
12. Zasalamel
13. Taki
14. Cervantes

Leaves 6 slots(according to current character screen):

15. Ivy (pretty safe to say she won't be left out as she is one of the most popular characters and got voted 4th in the poll they did few years back, even mentioned in the interview few pages back)
16. Yoshimitsu (been in SC1 to SC5, fan favorite, ranked 9th on the poll)
17. Voldo (another iconic character, also appeared in all games, 17th on poll)
18. Maxi (another character that has appeared in SC1 to SC5, fell out of top20 in popularity poll though)

Last spots could be anyone from Yun-Seong, Seong-Mina, Raphael, Setsuka, Hilde, Astaroth + few others

Don't think they will bring back any new characters introduced in SC5

Just my guess :)
I'll come out and say I have no idea how big the roster is precisely, but it's time to quell some worries.
The character select screen isn't final, but 20 is going to be minimum before DLC. Some incomplete characters are being held back for DLC unfortunately. I was told the game will most likely have more characters than SCV though. But just don't expect 30+ characters or whatever.

Maxi is in by the way. Speaking of which, I have some big news about him potentially.
Take this with a HUGE grain of salt because even my source that told me couldn't 100% confirm it, but the wording and what they were told eludes them to believe that he might be gay on SCVI, apparently?
Don't look too far into this yet. But the story mode is going to be covering Astaroth killing Maxi's crew and close friends in some kind of emotional way, and it was said to me that maybe his lover is going to be in the game to some extent and be a man that was killed to give Maxi even more of a motive against his neverending feud with Astaroth now.
For now, just keep that in mind if it is the case.

That mean SWITCH version has been canceled or suspended since a lots of leakers were talking about it.

Or we might also got a bunch of wrong info, also about for characters. I don't like this :(
The source who told me about the Switch version is different from the one who originally told me of the game's existence as I've noted before.
The Switch source is the one that said Link would be on that version.
Not only that, but my main SCVI source who knows a lot of things about the game, only suspected there might be a Fire Emblem character, as I also said before.

Let me just come out and say, what they were speculating over what lead to that Fire Emblem character speculation is no longer the case as more information came to light. Maybe you can connect the dots as to how and why. But it involves a Soul Calibur character.
They also never formally and outright heard of a Switch version, other than it was "likely" but couldn't personally confirm it and still can't.
Basically, the FE character speculation due to a certain detail they knew about was the only reason why the thought there might be one, but they found out later that it wasn't who or why.

Does it kill the SCVI on Switch's chances of existing? At the moment, let's go with it is uncertain.
If it's not revealed at the January Direct (which I am personally doubting but we shall see), then it's either happening later as a port after the PS4, PC, and Xbox One release, or not at all.
But I'd keep some hope to it happening eventually because there is OBVIOUS fan demand for it.
And if the SCVI on Switch source is reliable, then if the issues they've encountered for optimization are not deemed too bad and the performance can be kept up to snuff and runs right, then it will happen and release. Though it probably will wind up being an after-the-fact port, since DBFZ will be getting the same treatment. Switch ports are great for business as the Switch is selling like hotcakes.
But the optimization is not something developers can skimp on getting right, as you've seen in some Switch port cases just fucking up and getting wrong to try and capitalize on the console's success (WWE 2k18 for a massive instance)

Maxi is in by the way. Speaking of which, I have some big news about him potentially.
Take this with a HUGE grain of salt because even my source that told me couldn't 100% confirm it, but the wording and what they were told eludes them to believe that he might be gay on SCVI, apparently?
Like that's a shock to anyone... #BringBackLiLong

But Maxi's an annoying twat. Why not just make one of the new characters gay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back