Soul Calibur V Assets from San Diego Comic-Con!

• Admin
In preparation for the upcoming Namco Fighting Games Panel at the San Diego Comic Con (the countdown on the front of 8WR is currently counting down till the panel); Namco has released some new assets and character artwork which confirm Ivy, as well as a stage without ringouts.

The most stunning of all this is that the male character silhouette that Daishi leaked to us last week is not Raphael, which I'm sure most of us assumed, but is instead a new character named "Zwei" (German for "two"). He also appears to be holding his sword in a "tonfa-like" fashion.

sc5_pub_2d_ivy1-copy.jpg sc5_pub_2d_natsu1-copy.jpg sc5_pub_2d_zwei1b-copy.jpg sc5_pub_hss_ivy1_001-copy.jpg sc5_pub_hss_natsu1_001-copy.jpg sc5_pub_hss_zwei1_001b-copy.jpg
patroklos-critical-edge.jpg patroklos-critical-edge-2.jpg patroklos-critical-edge-3.jpg sc5_pub_ss_ivy1_002.jpg
sc5_pub_ss_ivy1_010.jpg sc5_pub_ss_ivy1_011.jpg sc5_pub_ss_ivy1_siegfried1_001.jpg sc5_pub_ss_natsu1_005.jpg
sc5_pub_ss_natsu1_007.jpg sc5_pub_ss_natsu1_pyrrha1_002.jpg sc5_pub_ss_natsu1_pyrrha1_003.jpg sc5_pub_ss_zwei1_001.jpg
sc5_pub_ss_zwei1_003.jpg sc5_pub_ss_zwei1_004.jpg sc5_pub_ss_zwei1_patroklos1_001.jpg sc5_pub_ss_zwei1_siegfried1_001.jpg
sc5_pub_ss_zwei1_siegfried1_002.jpg sc5_pub_stg_arena_002.jpg sc5_pub_stg_field_001.jpg

[source: Veg's Corner]

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
all right. today at 4:00 PST, Namco is doing thier live presentation. Ill be there with cameras on. From what I hear, there is playable demos of SV5 there. My source on that is my cousin who is working the event. Filthierich, Tago-san and the rest will be there answering questions which I will be trying to get a few of mine in there.

I wanna ask bout the meter. Can we get a little more info on how it works?

I got a few more. Anyone INTELLIGENT have anything else to ask!!

HRD

Ask how they plan on making Character creation mode better ? will we have more than 50 slots ?

Concerning Ivy's new costume I can only say that they did everything right. She still looks like everybody knows her, but with a touch of lady-like style. Natsu looks good as well, but she is defintely not my type of character, as well as Zwei, even though that guy seems to have an interesting fighting style. But that's my personal opinion. Maybe they will introduce some old characters.

Zwei is one of the best things my eyes have ever seen in the SC world. *w*
His stage is sooooo pretty; I like all the detail and the moon in the background. <3

I'm so glad Ivy is a little bit more covered-up now ~ and I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking she got classier. The lace makes everything nicer.

Zwei's stage looks awesome, indeed. I wonder if there will any possibility to do Ring-Outs, but I actually doubt that, so that might be one of the best stages the Soul Series might have ever seen since you can have fair matches only depending on the player's technique and not on the strategy how to throw one out of the ring most rapidly. And it really looks gorgeous to me since I'm really into that kind of atmosphere.

And that's exactly what I thought, now that they added some lace to her leather outfit she finally looks a bit more like the noble woman she is supposed to be (well, at least she inherited some nobility :P). It's okly a small detail, but it changes everything. Imagine Tira without any feathers being attached to her costume. Wouldn't that look less insane and freaky? Same thing with the lace, just in an additive way.

Concerning the descendant of Voldo, I think that it could not be wrong to introduce an apprentice using the same weapons as voldo, maybe with some altered moves just to give him or her individuality. But considering the fact that Voldo still had the body of an ancient greek soldier at the age of 50 in SCIV makes me wonder if there would be any difference at the age of 67 since he seems to have no real problem with aging. :P

He'd be 67.. Though his movement sure doesn't scream "FIFTY!", but it also doesn't say "human" at all, so.. I think he would be.
Yea I think if Vercii came back from the dead, that would just be perposterous. But on another note Voldo is never too old to fight. Let alone too old to be sexy.

I never saw Voldo as a true human so i dont think hes too old for SC5. He is kinda demonic and stuff.

Live streams

2 Viewers
CallMePeterJr
CallMePeterJr
The Adventures Of Paige Continues. Progressing through more of Libra Of Souls
1 Viewers
diabloriscart93
diabloriscart93
ScVI:Le legendaDeSoulEdge&Soulcalibur01

Forum statistics

Threads
Members