Soul Calibur V Connection Problems?

Looking back on it, it almost always happens to me when I'm playing someone with a mic.

Seems like it has something to do with instability potential. Wireless + Mics = shit goes wrong more often. I hardly ever see it with no-mic + Hardwired.

Happened to me like... 6 times total in 200 games.

^this guy has the best avatar ever. Just had to say that. God.....I had that million dollar man action figure like 20 years ago when me and my older brother would wrestle and make paper and crayon champ belts.

Ok good. Glad it's not just me. I guess I'll take the disconnects with a mild sigh since this game's netcode is finally pretty decent with this one rare annoyance to deal with. I'd take 50% disconnects over SCIV's craptastic netcode

the issues im having seem to be similar to you guys. For some reason though, no matter what, its always showing zero bars for t he connection, even with fellow players in chicago with me, wired or wireless. The game works fine when im in one, very little lag, feels like a 5 bar match, but it displays zero bars for all i encounter.

And it also displays zero bars for anyone that see me online. This results in: Me getting kicked from rooms due to noone likes a zero bar match, even if its not laggy like one. It also leads to me not finding any ranked games because 4 bar or higher matches never show up for me since zero is always displayed. EVERY game i have thats online works without any issues on my end except this one

Whats worse? i cant for the life of me figure out how to access my router settings from my pc, not sure how that happened

Something very weird is happening,suddenly every one online has "0" bars o_O?not even 1 bar!all 0 all the time!
i can even see my connection bars "which is weird" it says 0 bars too,and when i make a session it also shows my bar without even another player in the session!It's just terrible..!needs to be fixed :l

I just want some good games against quality opponents. Because of the zero bar thing, no one decent will accept a match. Almost makes me want to give up on the game. :(

It's random for me. Hopefully this gets fixed soon. If there's one thing I hate the most online it's when a match gets hype, then the connection craps itself and both players get DC'ed.

I've got PS3 on NAT2 for years now. Dmz, or 30+ ports forwarded. T6, SF4, MK, BB, SC4 all work fine. Here I wait 10min and get one match, everything else it's network error or "unable to find opponents", disconnects prior and mid match also happen.

Depressing.

So far I have done:

Got NAT2
Open all the ports listed on the guide
DMZ
Wired connection
The highest connection available in my country (I can play every ps3 game with 0 lag)

And still I lag like a f*cking whore!

I've been able to play like 3 whole matches, the rest is just getting DC'd. It happens so often that the game isn't even fun anymore. I could play through one round (two if i was lucky). It's just ridiculous.

EDIT: Hope it gets patched or something because i was hoping to enjoy some games with my friends (Since we've talked about how excited we were of playing with eachother online when 5 would come out)

Ya I am having connection problems all across the board with random dc's. Here's to hoping that they can fix this. But for those who have had disconnect problems what kinda firewall/internet you running? Just to investigate.

If you have 0 bars with everyone,you need to go to your xbox settings, network, and test the connection. After the test, go back to SCV and you should see bars again.
You'll need to "test" your connection each time you reboot the xbox.

Or at least it used to work for me. Now I can't even get that anymore and I don't know if it's my fault or xbox live...

Today I got sick of online Soul Calibur V! Usually (in SCIV), I have great connection with people ranging from Ukraine to GB, but now I can't find people to fight with in Ranked matches, even with no preferences on. Also with no preferences, I can't find Player matches' sessions. In Global Colosseo the biggest digit was 3 bars...

Today I spent 30 effing minutes looking for matches and found only one... What's going on??? ToT

OK guys, I have another settings you guys can tweak. I was having issues again finding matches so I did ps3 internet connection test and found out there was some sort of ip fragment issue. Googling this, I found out it has something to do with the MTU setting... and I did manage to get the error message to go away.

First off... find out your MTU value. Just keep doing the test until you get something that does not fragment
http://help.expedient.com/broadband/mtu_ping_test.shtml
here is a guide. For me my MTU value was 1464, ps3 by default had it on 1500. The guide also said to add 28... but I did not do that.

Also for everyone having issues... maybe we should all most our internet connection test on ps3 which is under network settings ----> internet connection test

so my page looks like this

Obtained IP Address - Succeeded
Internet Connection - Suceeded
Playstation Network - Suceeded
NAT Type - Type 2
Connection Speed (Download)* 957.6 kps
Connection Speed (Upload)* 324.0 kps

*Connection speed results are estimates and are provided as reference only*

^^^ right below the connection speed (upload) message, I had a error message about my ip being fragmented. Before I had the ip being fragmented, I had a message about NAT 3 not being optimal. Now I have no error message at all... so I believe my settings are optimal now.

For anyone that wants to change the MTU value on their ps3 do this... for me it was...

internet connection settings ----> select a setting method(Custom) -----> select a connection method(Wired Connection) -----> Select the operation mode of the network device. In most cases. select Auto-Detect(Auto Detect)---->IP Address Settings (Manual)----> ip settings up, scroll to next menu----> MTU... on this step you should set it to manual, and enter your MTU setting.

^^^ sorry for long block of text.

I hope that helps.

so now for sc5 optimal settings would be...

-NAT 2
-DMZ
-Port Forwarding
- and Correct MTU settings.

Man sc5 netcode is very sensitive to optimal ps3 settings

I don't suppose the problem has been fixed at all yet, huh? I haven't played in awhile now. I'd hate to frustrate myself because of how cruddy the server is on SCV. SCV is pointless to me if I have no one to play with, or the online doesn't work, like now currently. How's everyone else coming along? Any luck yet?

I don't suppose the problem has been fixed at all yet, huh? I haven't played in awhile now. I'd hate to frustrate myself because of how cruddy the server is on SCV. SCV is pointless to me if I have no one to play with, or the online doesn't work, like now currently. How's everyone else coming along? Any luck yet?

mind just posting your result screen from ps3 internet connection test? similar to the format that I posted up... if there are any weird little messages... post that up to?

Back