Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

The 3 small circles really looks like some unlockable characters, now that Inferno is confirmed to be one of them, wonder who's the other 2, maybe Hwang and Lizardman are really in the game.

Anyway still can't believe i'll be able to play new Ivy in new SC game in just a month, it's like i'm dreaming awake

A lot of this story stuff looks really fucking cool. LoS looks sick and I can't wait to run it through. Classic characters in story mode is expected but still interesting.

Main story being only 20 fights kinda sucks, but every other character having a mini-story makes up for it.
You all are really punishing Okubo and his efforts for something that's completely out of his control (and also an effort by Bandai Namco to dissuade consumers from paying for a series they already decided on killing off years ago). Cut it out.
Cry me a fucking river. We don't owe Okubo shit. I applaud his efforts and appreciate them, but if the publisher makes the game less than appealing, then idgaf who developed it.
I really hope that what Hayate heard about being about to fight Tira as a CPU opponent in the arcade mode of the base game is false. All the negativity about Tira being day 1 DLC was bad enough, it'll be SO MUCH WORSE if people find out that she's not even really DLC, but a complete on disk character that people will have to pay to unlock.

View attachment 51235
How many times did I say Okubo was saving face?
@Crimzin

What were you saying about me being in denial again? What were you saying about me being wrong, and condemning others for being "realistic" about a 20 character roster with no unlockables? Heh, boy it must sting after being so sure you were right and sparing no expense in rubbing it in my face. That's what you get when you jump to conclusions and celebrate too early, bro.

proxy.php
Not a single person denied Inferno being character 21. Meaning you're still wrong. Lemme know when you get that 27 character roster in season pass 2.

On the fact that Tira may be in the game at launch and unlocked through payment I must add that this has become quite common with DLCs these days, they add the entire dlc via update for all players but only those who pay will have it available to play, this has been the case with basically every dlc-heavy Activision game and many others.

So it's entirely possible (if not sure) that Tira is already in the game when you get it and just unlocks as soon as you pay, it would be up to PS to "hide" her so that the random computer doesn't pick her.

Cry me a fucking river. We don't owe Okubo shit. I applaud his efforts and appreciate them, but if the publisher makes the game less than appealing, then idgaf who developed it.

We finally get a producer who wants the game to succeed and you say we “don’t owe him shit”. This is the kind of attitude that’s gotten this series relegated to pachinko slots and terrible F2P model. Good luck getting this series to VII with this kind of thinking.

(I wasn't allowed to play Mina's story)

My guess is that Hwang is an unlockable fighter, likely through the completion of Mina's storyline. I am also going to assume Lizardman will be given the same treatment.

Not sure if this theory has been posted on here before, but I wonder whether this game takes place in the alternate dimension that Cassandra wandered into post SCIV after being trapped in astral chaos? That might give a story justification for the time reset rather than continuing the events after SCV...

Hahaha I've actually pondered long and hard on this theory, although I've never seen anyone else bring it up until now. I think it would be a cool way to eventually tie the SCV timeline in, however I'm okay if we forget the incidents of V all together.

I probably sound like a broken record but DAMN is the art ever amazing in this game!

Would anyone be able to point out exactly what moves from Lizardman are being used in the footage Hayate posted? I don't know the character all too well and most of those look like they could just be Sophie moves to me.

We quite literally owe Okubo everything for making this game happen. This isn't just a development of a game to him, it's a passion project not unlike quite a few of us would try if we had a shot.

Chill with the negativity.

The green colored Mina looks so beautiful !
And in one of the videos you posted, the gameplay was so fast, didn't expect it could be so fast !
And i love all of new Raphael, design, glasses, moveset, colors, interjections, Amy references.
The background of the last stage is beautifully animated.

Thanks again to Hayate for all his hard work, and all those who post the other videos.

Can't wait to play the game ! It's still a unique game without equivalent.

We quite literally owe Okubo everything for making this game happen. This isn't just a development of a game to him, it's a passion project not unlike quite a few of us would try if we had a shot.

Chill with the negativity.
It's not negativity, it's people acting like we should ignore shitty business practices just because one guy who happens to be doing what we like is working on the game. As I've said before, i respect Okubo and appreciate everything he's doing for the game, and I will be buying the game in large part due to his work and passion, but if somebody wants me to bend over and lube up for a company that only views me as a paycheck, then I don't think they have any business patronizing anybody.

I’m thinking you can press a button to choose stage variants? I wonder if the versions we’ve seen with the portals will be selectable.

Hopefully someone decides to look into the Mi-Na scene with Hwang. Maybe he’ll be like Lizzy and feel like an alt X?

Back