Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Definitely think anyone who preferred SC5 over SC4 lacks the judgement to contribute their input on what SC6 needs.

Between this, posts about DLC cas packs and "what's run counter" I have about had it lol

Last edited:
Well, they weren't like that in SC5, were they? (there is SCBD too, I think, but since we're talking about games people care about...) That will not be an issue if they do what they should have done before and keep the game updated in content, balance and bug fixes.

I'm not really happy about this new armour break system. I just watched some gameplay in which Sophitia broke Xang's armor literally with the first move of the first round. So this either means different items have different endurance (which is a cute concept I guess) or certain moves have armor breaking properties upon impact. I don't like it because I spend a lot of time character creation and I don't think its fair to have your designs ruined so arbitrarily. I preferred the armour break systems of SCV.

I don't need anything else:

DWqoyARWAAUzFUM.jpg

Hoping for a playable Beta soon.

The skull emerging from metal looks insane. Generally, Ivy seems to be the best looking of all characters for the moment. Can't wait to see Cervantes in his gold armour. If they did such a good job with Ivy's hand, then what would they do in the whole pirate's armor.

Don't think so, but don't tend to look at the meter during a lethal hit, I usually think "SUCK IT XIANGHUA!" :sc2xia12:

Do lethal hits use meter?

Only Nightmare's A+B in Soul Charge Mode. They can happen under various conditions like CH, Whiff Punishing, Duck Punishing, & aGIing.

https://8wayrun.com/threads/lethal-hits-in-scvi.19841

Don't think so, but Dont tend to look at the meter during a lethal hit, i usually think "SUCK IT XIANGHUA!" :sc2xia12:

Xianghua's aGIs are too good right now making 44B+K & 22_88B+K obsolete.

4A+B - Causes a Lethal Hit When aGIing High & Mid Horizontals/High & Mid Thrusting Verticals
2018-02-26_1010.png

2A+B - Cause a Lethal Hit When aGIing Horizontals
4A+B(Lethal Hit).gif

6A+B - Causes a Lethal Hit When aGIing All Mid Verticals
6A+B.gif

6A+B2.gif

Last edited:
Do you guys agree that maze of the blade theme fits as hell Zasalamel?

Me personally: YES HELL ABSOLUTELY!!!

Watched Hyrul vs Silent Joel. Why does GI still beat throws? This should have been walked back the very next build after it appeared.

Like, let me make sure I have this right. GI is meterless, beats lows, mids, highs, AND throws--which I am almost certain it has *never* done. What is supposed to be the balance here other than simply reducing your guard health? What beats it? Unblockables? Are unblockables supposed to be "the meta" now?

It looks ludicrously terrible on paper and is making my friends who compete in Tekken very wary about getting hype about this game. Me too, really. Like at this rate I'll only use it to doof around with Ellie, presuming I'll be able to make her.

Watched Hyrul vs Silent Joel. Why does GI still beat throws? This should have been walked back the very next build after it appeared.

Like, let me make sure I have this right. GI is meterless, beats lows, mids, highs, AND throws--which I am almost certain it has *never* done. What is supposed to be the balance here other than simply reducing your guard health? What beats it? Unblockables? Are unblockables supposed to be "the meta" now?

It looks ludicrously terrible on paper and is making my friends who compete in Tekken very wary about getting hype about this game. Me too, really. Like at this rate I'll only use it to doof around with Ellie, presuming I'll be able to make her.
Break attacks beats GI too, and you get a lethal hit

Break attacks too, huh? That's a little bit better, but also strange: they've never beaten GI before, right?

I think not, but maybe they did it that way, so GI dont be that strong....guard break attacks in SCVI seems they are all vertical and slow though, so they can be sidestepped on reaction.

Like, let me make sure I have this right. GI is meterless, beats lows, mids, highs, AND throws--which I am almost certain it has *never* done.
I think GIs also beat throws in SC2.

But I agree that throws should beat GIs.

It beats throws too in SC2, but 6G only. The thing that they should fix is the fucking RE man, i cant stand that mechanic, it should cost meter or be like Tekken 7 rage..being usable when u have low HP

GI beat throws in SCII & SCIII. Only JI countered throws in SCIV.

I think guard crush moves also beat it, right?

But I’m with you: let throws counter GI.

Also the window seems rather large, or is that just me?

The GI is huge at the moment.

Guard Break crush GI & RE causing Lethal Hits.

Back