Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Guys I don't know if this has been discussed, but I think I know what the "weird glow" Yoshi moves are, they are not JFs, I think it might be a system similar to the one that Zasa has.

He seems to have some kind of "soul stacks" passive that you can spend to make the moves with the glow, you can get thoose stacks by doing certain moves or by using the super, if you pay close attention I think you can see him absorbing 3 little orbs after cutting Kilik's soul, but that's not all, in the trailer after the succesfull RE you can see him absorbing another 3 orbs, and in the minute 0:48 after the automatic throw attack at the end of the combo you can see him absorbing one more. There you go guys I solved the mistery. Maybe there are some limits to the stacks you can have like 3 at maximum or smnth.

Last edited:
The things they are adding remind me of passive abilities of characters from MOBA games, it's a very good idea actually. This and lethal hit are really cool, imagine Setsuka's passive, everytime you do a move that is JF the damage of that move increases by 10 to a maximum amount of 30 for each JF move, late game Setsuka lmao.

Tbh I wouldn't mind too much if the passives were well balanced, like Johnny on GG, who has a semi-passive coin toss mechanic

I kinda like this little gimmicks every character has now.

Sieg has dark legacy

Taki has cheap damage

Zas can stop time

and Sophie can deplete half of your health bar with double TASB

You don't want to break the rules too much though as you can alienate players familiar with the series and you should never have them for the sake of it. Taki's chip damge makes tons of sense given her quick abilities can really bully her opponent. That kind of pressure can make you choke with your game plan.

Yoshi looks awesome, welcome back!
Also, I do love how one the walls in the "Maxi" stage is represented by the ship. Is it also possible that on the last round it will rain like in the "Dragon's Nest" stage in Tekken? What do you guys think?

Reactions: Pac
I was imagining a gimmick involving moves where she actually summons the wind to blow her opponent around the stage a bit. Primary use likely would be to blow them towards her given her short range, but could push them away and to the left or right for positioning advantages; helping to set up or escape ring-outs etc. Could also involve maybe one or two long range damaging moves, who knows?

Just watched the JP trailer and this games looks good.
You don't want to break the rules too much though as you can alienate players familiar with the series and you should never have them for the sake of it. Taki's chip damge makes tons of sense given her quick abilities can really bully her opponent. That kind of pressure can make you choke with your game plan.
As long as it is nothing game breaking, which most of these are not and seem a little too situational and ,well, gimmicky,

I hope Cassandra's gimmick is that every butt attack becomes a guard break.

He sounds COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. And pretty awesome.
Why the hell english voiceover is done in a way that basically makes him a different character altogether?
English voice Yoshimitsu has always been overly dramatic and goofy to fit with his animations, mannerisms, and kabuki actor references.
It's a bit jarring when his design looks badass like on SCVI.... but when he acts all foolish and goofy, he subverts your expectations. That's kind of his thing. If anything, the English version makes better sense of him and what he's about.
"It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." has been the genius of how they bring his design to life.
I don't mind badass Norio Wakamoto voicing him, but it looks off hearing him sound and look cool, but act like a goof.
Your mileage may vary either way though. I just feel the English version wound up being more fitting of an interpretation to make him overly dramatic when talking too.

Back