Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Is it just me or does this looks like a wedding invite because they got Kilik and Xianghua on the promo?
It's funny to think what other Soul Calibur characters would bring them as wedding presents......

I hope in this reboot they end up together and actually stay together. They are just too cute together. FYI Yan Wujin should just be completely forgotten and never come back.

Oh. For the presents Astaroth would get them a can of worms, Maxi would get them something naughty; but nothing would compare to the BDSM tools Voldo and Ivy will give.
But seriously, I just didn't feel a pretty blatant reference to characters that are Quincies was necessary or needed to take a dip from since Bleach has the bad reputation of being a notoriously bad shonen with a bloat of characters and bad writing that even Tite Kubo only created because "he just wanted to draw cool characters." which shows given the writing problems.
Taking from Bleach for Claudio was like taking from Naruto for Natsu. It felt like a low hanging fruit inspiration that is blatantly taking from something that Bandai Namco has the video game rights to.
I would've liked his design more if not for the "drugs are bad mmkay" tribal face tattoo and strange hairstyle that looks terrible in game because Tekken 7's hair stuff wasn't done well at all more often than not they look like those cheap synthetic cosplay wigs for a lot of characters due to the shinyness and how they generally went about modeling the hair.

Supposedly a lot of executive meddling was involved with the handling of the plot of Bleach. Not so sure about this since Tite Kubo was probably given more freedom in the last arc from the looks of it. It did start off somewhat strong, but the remainder of it just had the same old problems like it did for years.

Plus you forgot ZWEI; they obviously based him off from Jacob Black because they are both dull ASF.

I still want to see a japanese forest with bamboo trees in...

yasssssss like Taki's Soul Blade stage, that would be so hype??
maxresdefault.jpg

On the topic of stages... it would be pretty cool to have a stage where you actually fight ankle deep in water? Kinda like the Infinite Azure stage in T7 but not infinite. I'm weak for splashing effects. Imagine how cool Siegfried's Critical Edge would look in water lol

Last edited:
I know it isn't from SoulCalibur, but one stage that always stuck with me from fighting games is Yoshimitsu's forest stage from Tekken 2. It always creeped me out as a kid and it would be cool to see an updated version of it in SC6 with an updated SoulCalibur version of the theme.

hqdefault.jpg

Just get rid of the techno part of the theme and make it more classical to fit the SoulCalibur vibe

Just wondering why the fuck y'all are debating in depth about the dumb T7 newbie characters in a SC6 thread when you're the same people who get pissy when others go off topic.
Because the Tekken Project is likely closely related to whomever is making this game.

It's funny to think what other Soul Calibur characters would bring them as wedding presents......

I can think of a few wedding presents the other characters would give them:
Sophitia - a dress for Xianghua
Mitsurugi - a sword
Siegfried - an outfit for Kilik
Ivy and Voldo - Something kinky
Maxi - Tongue in cheek naughty gift
Taki - a set of knives
Zasalamel - a watch for Kilik
Yoshimitsu - something funny but chivalrous
Setsuka - a pair of umbrellas
Talim - a pet bird or dog
The Korean Trio - a trip to a tropical island
Hilde - A heart engraving with their names on it.
Cassandra - Matching swimwear

Last edited:
Didn't Nina get a really uncharacteristic rage art that was very close to a Jaycee(Julia) command grab?

Back