Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

best make her Bonus Character or give that beautiful dress available at CaS

I'd rather have her as alt skin for Xiagh tbh, CaS characters usually are less polished and detailed compare to the characters of the main cast.

Salia with Rapier doesn't make sense, She is a knight, like Hilde.
Salia needs a big sword.
Agreed; I always thought that she looked like she was supposed to be using a longsword based on her SC1 concept art, rather than a rapier.

I personally enjoyed the information we got out of E3, I mean, we got an actual release date (only four months from now!) and tons of new game play from the most recently revealed characters and the game looks so hype! Even the story mode is looking beautiful so far so I'm definitely not disappointed considering we could have had far less. I'm actually not too surprised that they decided not to reveal more characters since they have four months to toy with and keep our souls burning, and I'm more excited to see what's to come in the next few weeks.

I so hate non CaSable guest characters, all that time into an asset that's useless to CaS players. It's a damn wast of move set resources.
There's always hex editing. It was quite possible to have Ezio custom characters in SoulCalibur V. :sc5ezi1:I'm sure it will be even easier on PC.

You know. If Sallia comes in as a hybrid of Amy and Raphael styles and has a crossbow... As much as I miss them I think that style sounds pretty great.
The only issue I'd see with this is that the crossbow is also quite linear, and what the rapier desperately needs is some better horizontal attacks.

Salia with Rapier doesn't make sense, She is a knight, like Hilde.
Salia needs a big sword.
If we didn't already have a longsword user in Geralt, I'd agree. Salia was in Broken Destiny using Amy's style, though, and it seemed okay. If she has more strength-based attacks like Raphael and less of the acrobatic-based attacks like Amy, it could still pass as being legitimate a style for a knight. Not saying she can't have any of Amy's stuff, since she would be more dextrous than Raphael, but a good mix of both styles could work for her.

I'd rather have her as alt skin for Xiagh tbh, CaS characters usually are less polished and detailed compare to the characters of the main cast.
I rather liked Xianglian (and the other CaS characters) from SoulCalibur IV. They had a greater sense of polish, it seemed like. Of course, some of them outright cheated with layering that can't be replicated with real CaS, but you know.

My heart is full of sadness at the prospect of no Raphael. I've mained him exclusively since his release despite being low tier 99% of the time. :(

*sigh*

Well... If he isn't in it, maybe I'll main one of these newbies they add. Or maybe Zas. He's smexy.

Wow Ivy is just letting it all hang out when she gets stripped haha. Good for her.

That Qanba stick is so beautiful. Maybe I can sell my HRAP for some extra money to contribute towards getting one of those.

There's always hex editing. It was quite possible to have Ezio custom characters in SoulCalibur V. :sc5ezi1:I'm sure it will be even easier on PC.

That's an absurd solution and a ridiculous way to brush off a legitimate complaint. Most people are not that computer tech savvy nor is everyone going to play on the PC.

That's an absurd solution and a ridiculous way to brush off a legitimate complaint. Most people are not that computer tech savvy nor is everyone going to play on the PC.
It's not really a solution, but a workaround. I understand everyone wouldn't be able to do it by themselves, but when it got big enough, there were rather in-depth tutorials about it, and if you really want to do it, and can read and follow instructions, you can do it too.

I'm sure it's not Namco being mean or anything, it's just an agreement that they have set up to be able to use the guest likeness in their game.

Random thought, but we never saw the mode select screen for this build... maybe it was just too awesome to show.

Anyways isn’t Comic-Con next month? I’m sure the story mode was meant to be the big reveal. Seems better than the ones in the last two games. What shall it be? CaS trailer? Mass reveals? New mode?

Also Siegfried’s hair in the story trailer seems like a red flag regarding alt costumes. The recolors are going to be intriguing too since Cervantes would have to get his zombified skin or human skin (which was what custom costumes had to have)

Last edited:
It's not a legitimate complaint. It's the very premise of a license - if you want to dress up Geralt then buy The Witcher.
I don't want to dress up Geralt, I want to make my own character and not have them waste resources to design and balance a whole fighting style that's completely unusable for custom options. I'd rather entirely new characters or more older characters returning than what is essentially what I consider half a character. This means no Al Gols either as he's even worse than a guest character as he doesn't even have the ability to attract fan boy casuals.

Back