Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Wasn't it said that a Bandai Namco character would be a guest? While 2B will make some crazy sells I doubt she will be the next foreigner from the future to come visit.

tbh if they are gona bring 2B ( i really hope so ) to SC6 i think it will be as last DLC, because i dont think they realized how popular 2B would get and also nier automata was released in 2017, the devs decided who would be in and who would not make it 3 yeas ago, adding another character out of the blue would reacquire some time. and yes 2B would make sales go crazy.

If that's true, I missed that part, but...

...if that's true and it would be a Vesperia character, I'd rather we get Judith instead, so we'd have a pure spear user, plus female. Win-win!
Why do people always say "They're owned by Namco-Bandai, that makes them more likely"? Historically, they more often go for guests from entirely different companies rather than other in-house studios.

This is his post concerning the second DLC guest character.

For what it's worth, I heard there would be a second guest character not long after Geralt was revealed, with implications they would most likely be DLC. Which made even more sense after Geralt getting the marketing push and their quotations about him being the only one in the base game.

Additionally, and this doesn't come from my main SCVI source or even my original one, but I had someone tell me a Bandai Namco character would be another guest. They mentioned it isn't another Tekken character either.
I can't vouch for this because the other two haven't heard any specifics as to who the other guest would be. But I guess we could keep that in mind in case there winds up being anything to it. Especially if I don't hear anything for or against it for a while and it simply remains a weird mystery.

To be fair he wasn't completely sure of this so it is a 50/50.

tbh if they are gona bring 2B ( i really hope so ) to SC6 i think it will be as last DLC, because i dont think they realized how popular 2B would get and also nier automata was released in 2017, the devs decided who would be in and who would not make it 3 yeas ago, adding another character out of the blue would reacquire some time. and yes 2B would make sales go crazy.

You are right and 2B has a nice panty shot...

Last edited:
I haven't seen these before.

Good job finding them
Whos the artist ?
森斗咲葉 on pixiv is the artist, and there's even more beyond what I posted (though only Raphael and Amy from SoulCalibur -- other art from other things), I just grabbed the rest of the images from the album that contained the first set. I really like this one, too, showing off their 2p costumes from SoulCalibur III:

9QfmpJ5.jpg

There's an interesting inconsistency with the previous story mode timeline and the one we got in this magazine, whoever the character is under Ivy:

4wRMj2C.jpg

So this new posting still verifies my roster, but it does bring up an interesting fact that not every character will get a story mode (that, or the screens are from a pre-production state and still not final). But even when you look at the roster names blurred you can see that a number still fit within the context of what names we have. But before go there, the highlights on the number of orbs or periods between the screens for the character under Ivy is not a descrepency. It's hard to see, but the datelines have be smashed a lot more closely in the blurrier screen, hence why them seem shorter.

Another point, of course, is the few number of blurred names. This leads to me to believe that, besides the other new character being introduced in this game, one other character probably won't get a story mode. My suspicion is that it's Cervantes who won't get one. He is effectively dead after Soul Edge and doesn't show up as a boss or rival character in the original game, not even for Ivy. As nothing more than a walking zombie, he probably wouldn't make for a good storyline to follow. It's either him, or Lizardman. Since Lizardman captured Bangoo in the original Soul Calibur, and was chased by Rock I'm leaning towards the former rather than the latter here.

The blurred space just above Zasalamel might be Talim.
The blurred space underneath Groh could be Voldo or Rock.
Beneath Ivy it would be Lizardman (or Aeon Calcos), followed by Seong-Mina, followed by Astaroth.
Beneath Sophitia, I believe is Hwang.
And beneath Yoshimitsu I think is either Voldo or Rock

All of this, of course, still fits with my proposed final roster. And the names and lengths still match up pretty well. Once again, I don't think we'll see any other SC2, SC3, or SC4 heroes as part of the base roster or story mode leads beyond Zasalamel and Talim.

Finally, Rothion is the name of Sophitia's husband and the blacksmith under the guidance of Hephaestus the forger of Sophitia's new sword and shield she takes with her on this mission. Her facing of with Rothion is probably just a test of the new sword and shield. I suspect many of the main cast will have similar guest stars showing up. Ironically, the story mode lists 20 heroes and our final number on the base roster is supposed to be 23. It'll be interesting to see who doesn't quite make the cut on "this" story mode.

Virtua Fighter had no story mode and it fell through because of that. Besides, SC has an important story, otherwise everyone could just have regular weapons and there would be no need for soul edge/Calibur.
Playing the VF series isn’t so much “playing a fighting game” but more like taking a standardized test every match.

There’s a reason a lot of people hold it in high regard as far as gameplay, but no one actually plays it.

It’s technically sound, but not fun.
I used to make jokes about VF when i was a kid because it didn't had story and lore, but then i ended trying VF4 mainly cause as a martial arts fan and it looked cool when i saw it on TV and i was very curious on how this game was doing very well in Asian Arcade, like even better than Tekken. Also as a Tekken huge fanboy i couldn't tolerate that so i had to see by myself. And once i played the game i was still find it boring but it was with time and then VF4 evo came out that i really start to understand mechanics and liking the game, and Shun Di who became my main and one of my top 3 character ever in any FG just blew my mind on how the mechanics of this character works. There is also another character Jean Kujo introduced later after VF5 that has super very innovative mechanics that i was surprise that Tekken didn't bother to copy for T7, i guess it's because it was too complex mechanics.

Anyway VF is a proof that you need more than awesome gameplay to sell your game to the masses.
I find Virtual Fighter fun as hell, but I think what our friend was trying to say is that this game has a lack of character design when it comes to aesthetics and costumes, which is true, the pg's are really "basic".

End of the off topic

Also, I will do a painting of Sophitia from one of the screenshots of the last installment, for now is just pencil, I wanted to share it with you guys :)

View attachment 49549
Virtua Fighter is an achievement in game design and fighting game history, but the series never evolved in expanding its appeal, which is an area the series sorely needed improvement was in the story and characters. Everyone else evolved among the big name fighting games except Virtua Fighter.
Because of its detailed customization features it wound up adding, the characters came off even more as "blank slates" than ever.
When Sega brings the series back one day, they need to think about giving the cast personalities that aren't one-dimensional. Even doing something bold like letting you shape a character's personality would be smart and innovative for a fighting game to do. It'd pretty much make use of how deep the customization already is to let you play around with the fact the characters are one-dimensional and tabula rasa feeling.

Also, great work on that drawing @Golden Hind !

Yo @Vergeben can you clear this up? I don't recall ever hearing about Cassandra in the game, and in fact I remember other people reaffirming that. I'm not against it at all, but I just to be sure going forward.
I remember the following, more recent:
Cassandra's status is something I've been trying to get a definite outcome on for some time now. With the roster and DLC being finalized, it shouldn't be too long before I do find out and can pass that along.

Can you explain why Mario is, like, the biggest video game star of all time?
You mean explaining Groh's weapon after we saw it at the end of the initial announcement trailer. Sure the character wasn't officially announced yet but we had already seen his weapon, and it's a pretty obvious guess that it splits apart considering it looks like he's holding two swords by their ends.
Huh???????? He told us about Groh well before he was teased in the first trailer.
tirakai goes out of their way to insist I'm wrong (even when I'm not) any chance they get. I'm used to it. lol

It could be bollocks, for all we know, but someone just dropped this bomb on reddit:

I'll just say this.... I even know who is voicing Grøh's dad like I knew who voiced Grøh ahead of time. I refused to reveal that until Grøh was revealed and said it on here (Xander Mobus voices Grøh) but I will tell you once he's revealed who's voicing him.
That person claiming to leak things not even mentioning him (or knowing his name since they claim such information) doesn't help their case and claims at all from where I'm standing.

This is his post concerning the second DLC guest character.

To be fair he wasn't completely sure of this so it is a 50/50.

You are right and 2B has a nice panty shot...
I said here last week that I know that at least one of the DLC characters is a guest. While the other two DLC characters aren't really relevant in the story. No info for sure yet who's the guest, but I was told its not any of the mages from The Witcher and probably not another Witcher character.
The person claiming the guest is a Bandai Namco character (that's noted to not be from Tekken either) isn't from my main SCVI source. So it's something to keep in mind for the time being I guess, but don't go and accept it as fact or something I'm endorsing as fact until I hear just who or what the DLC guest character is.

Last edited:
@Windstar, look more closely, there is indeed a discrepancy. On the higher resolution screenshot we had from before, the character below Ivy's first dot is right below Ivy's fifth dot. On the lower resolution magazine scan that is new, the character below Ivy's first dot is right below Ivy's fourth dot. Most of the characters in the timeline from the magazine scan have less dots, because the main story is progressed less.

It could be totally unrelated but Keiko Han recently told me she is voicing a character for a game series she has never voiced before and she was pretty excited about it.

She said the character was sort of a older sister type. I'm not sure who though would be excited to have her as a character voice in Soul Calibur.

That'd be cool, but again she told me she couldn't tell me anything more about her work as to what the genre of the game was or the title or it would be a breech of her contract. However she told me she was happy to have found work.

I asked this somewhere else and I thought I'd ask here. How would you feel if a new female fighter replaced Rock as the Americas rep?

What can we even say about Rock? He's easily the most forgettable character in SC that's been a main cast member and everything he does, Astaroth can do but better. His chances of returning here aren't looking good. That said, his exclusion would leave us a problem. In prior games, Rock was the sole representative of the Americas, and having him gone would leave an entire part of the world unrepresented.

So, what if they used this as an opportunity to introduce a new Americas rep. For example, a female Mesoamerican warrior?

Above is Maya from Killer Instinct, an inspiration for the idea.

I was thinking they could create a sexy, warrior-like female character who uses special twin daggers for combat. With magic being more prominent in the actual fighting, maybe she could call upon the mystic Mayan spirits to aid her. That sounds pretty cool. And besides, it'd be nice to get an actual rep from the Americas, as Rock is an Englishman who adopted the Americas as his home as opposed to someone who was really from there.

Yay or nay?

Hello again.

This new leaks seems a confusing grenade xD

Vergeben said that Groh's papy might be one of the boss, that why I suggested that he is not in the story line rows.

Also Cervantes is dead in the official souledge soulcalibur story line (killed by Taki) and came back only in Console version of SC1 and for the beginning of SC2 in zombie.

I'am pretty sure that the timeline only cover "ending of SoulEdge to pre-beginning of soulcalibur2". Siegfried is just free-ed here by his defeat versus Kilik,Xiang,Maxi, not Raphael, that why he has his Dark Legacy... Because he will becomes Nightmare again soon(beginning of sc2).

That would also explain why Raphael is absent (maybe, they can still put him I guess for the beginning of SC2)

Rothion bonus char will explain why Vergeben said Lizardman is in the game, but not exactly if he has his command list.

As for the first blurred one, Rock or Hwang or a new char will probably fit, Talim text could fit but the dots make her too young, and it seems that they don't want to alter too much the original story line.

As for Yun Seong and Mina, I do believe the text fits (Two Word blurred), and Yun Seong dots are way after Mina's, suggesting he start his quest after.

Also in the near of the end, I put Talim, but I'am pretty sure I did a mistake here. The text fits but the dots are again too much near to SC1 Timeline. Maybe it's for an other char and she is the pre-order bonus char without a story line ?? The only place she could fit is at the very end, but the blurred text suggest a small 4 letter and for me it's Tira.

I will aslo explain the Rivalry slot position in my detailed video. That's all guyz.

So I keep on :

20 story char, with non-revealed Rock or Hwang, Yun Seong, Mina, Astaroth, ? , Voldo Tira
3 non story line playable char but have slot in Char Select : Talim(pre-order), Cervantes, PapyGroh
1 secret center slot boss : inferno
1 other guest DLC
3 DLC : Setsuka, Raphael?, Hilde

That's all I can imagine with the leaks, rumours and analysing theses screenshots. I'am probably wrong somewhere, so we will see.

Last edited:
Virtua Fighter is an achievement in game design and fighting game history, but the series never evolved in expanding its appeal, which is an area the series sorely needed improvement was in the story and characters. Everyone else evolved among the big name fighting games except Virtua Fighter.
Because of its detailed customization features it wound up adding, the characters came off even more as "blank slates" than ever.
When Sega brings the series back one day, they need to think about giving the cast personalities that aren't one-dimensional. Even doing something bold like letting you shape a character's personality would be smart and innovative for a fighting game to do. It'd pretty much make use of how deep the customization already is to let you play around with the fact the characters are one-dimensional and tabula rasa feeling.

This, tho i feel they did effort with their new characters post VF4 Evo, but there is still need to do some work at expanding that one dimensional aspect on other members veterans of the cast.

Also actually now thinking about it i feel that most of the last new T7 characters are going that way, most of the them are very uninspired compare to what Tekken used to introduce as new characters to the serie.

I asked this somewhere else and I thought I'd ask here. How would you feel if a new female fighter replaced Rock as the Americas rep?

What can we even say about Rock? He's easily the most forgettable character in SC that's been a main cast member and everything he does, Astaroth can do but better. His chances of returning here aren't looking good. That said, his exclusion would leave us a problem. In prior games, Rock was the sole representative of the Americas, and having him gone would leave an entire part of the world unrepresented.

So, what if they used this as an opportunity to introduce a new Americas rep. For example, a female Mesoamerican warrior?

Above is Maya from Killer Instinct, an inspiration for the idea.

I was thinking they could create a sexy, warrior-like female character who uses special twin daggers for combat. With magic being more prominent in the actual fighting, maybe she could call upon the mystic Mayan spirits to aid her. That sounds pretty cool. And besides, it'd be nice to get an actual rep from the Americas, as Rock is an Englishman who adopted the Americas as his home as opposed to someone who was really from there.

Yay or nay?

I'm down with this.

Last edited:
Back