Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

"If you don't support MvCI, you aren't a real member of the FGC".

Pre-ordering gets you Tira. Buying the SP gets you Tira too. Either or.

So we have to wait until the game is already out to make judgements of it even though the game is already done and printing and we're being shown completed content that will be there day 1 and we still have to pay for?

Had you been like this a year ago, you'd be what most people would call a "CapCuck".

There's no mention on getting Tira by pre-order on BN and SC websites.

I had to ask what a "Libra" is and what I realized is that it's an Zodiac sign. It's shaped like an scale, and we see an hourglass in the trailer. And speaking of stars, the title screen of SoulCalibur VI includes a starry, night sky. I'm not 100% sure what impact stars and the zodiac will have in the game, assuming it's a major theme

Attachments

• libra.jpg
    libra.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 85
  • Screenshot 2018-08-21 12.08.50.png
    Screenshot 2018-08-21 12.08.50.png
    342.1 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Noting that folks tend to complain first and the fact people are indeed jumping the gun isn't elitist. We can have this soapbox convo when the reveals end, the game drops, and someone inevitably digs through the disk.

Folks who won't buy the game over one DLC announcement or whatever weren't real fans and are looking for reasons to be unhappy.

Nice spin, but what you said here isn't "noting folks tend to complain first" and "are jumping the gun." You were gatekeeping, and that is elitist.

--Forgon

This has been just posted BN, and no word about pre-ordering thing. While a lot of VG website talk about pre-order. And unlike Eliza where they precise this even in her trailer, with Tira's trailer it says DLC character, i definitely don't think Tira is pre-order tbh. She is DLC character/Season Pass, now i only want to know if you'll get her no matter when you get season pass.

Groh and Maybe!dad have similar looking gauntlets.

Yep i noticed this too.

I had to ask what a "Libra" is and what I realized is that it's an Zodiac sign. It's shaped like an hourglass, and we see an hourglass in the trailer. And speaking of stars, the title screen of SoulCalibur VI includes a starry, night sky. I'm not 100% sure what impact stars and the zodiac will have in the game, assuming it's a major theme

Libra isn't an hourglass. It's scales and about it represents balance. They probably wanted something fancy to represent whether your character will be good or evil and Libra scales are good way to show it.

Okay so, here is my piece:

No one is happy Tira is DLC, however we knew someone was going to be DLC, Tira is just the one that was chosen, because a lot of people don't care if it is DLC or something else, if they have the chance to play her they will, that is where her popularity comes in- You could try a day one DLC with other missing characters, but they wouldn't be as likely to generate the needed revenue.

Second, Tira might not even be ready, the game went gold 4 days ago, which means the things on the final game were decided at least a month ago, if she is day one DLC that only means that they chose her to develop for that, it wouldn't be different from any character- if it was Cervantes or Raphael, the reaction would be widely the same.

Saying people are brain washed because they are okay is disingenuous, Soul Calibur is a popular series doing what all other fighting game series did in the past 5 years, I will say it could be far worse, we know the game has single player modes now, we know the game has a deep Creation mode and we know the single play story mode has both Overarching and personal stories. The game has a lot in it and I will be honest, niche as they are fighting games need help, one more thing- If she is a pre-order character (yes there is confusion about it as of yet) it is always going to be a character, pre-ordees for fighting game are always that.

Do we know when Gamescom has a livestream with SC or if there is going to be a panel? I know a tournament is going to happen.

There's no mention on getting Tira by pre-order on BN and SC websites.

This has been just posted BN, and no word about pre-ordering thing. While a lot of VG website talk about pre-order. And unlike Eliza where they precise this even in her trailer, with Tira's trailer it says DLC character, i definitely don't think Tira is pre-order tbh. She is DLC character/Season Pass, now i only want to know if you'll get her no matter when you get season pass.

Yep i noticed this too.
Actually, I think you're right. She's only a pre-order bonus for the season pass, not even for the game itself.

Jesus fucking christ. If that's actually the case, then that's peak fucking money-grubbing.

Okay so, here is my piece:

No one is happy Tira is DLC, however we knew someone was going to be DLC, Tira is just the one that was chosen, because a lot of people don't care if it is DLC or something else, if they have the chance to play her they will, that is where her popularity comes in- You could try a day one DLC with other missing characters, but they wouldn't be as likely to generate the needed revenue.

Second, Tira might not even be ready, the game went gold 4 days ago, which means the things on the final game were decided at least a month ago, if she is day one DLC that only means that they chose her to develop for that, it wouldn't be different from any character- if it was Cervantes or Raphael, the reaction would be widely the same.

Saying people are brain washed because they are okay is disingenuous, Soul Calibur is a popular series doing what all other fighting game series did in the past 5 years, I will say it could be far worse, we know the game has single player modes now, we know the game has a deep Creation mode and we know the single play story mode has both Overarching and personal stories. The game has a lot in it and I will be honest, niche as they are fighting games need help, one more thing- If she is a pre-order character (yes there is confusion about it as of yet) it is always going to be a character, pre-ordees for fighting game are always that.

Actually I’m very happy that Tira is DLC. :D

Yea, let's forget about the amount of effort and work put into making this game by Okubo and the entire SC Team and start whining and bitching about the fact that there's a DLC character *GASP!*

Tira being DLC makes a lot of sense for the following reason:
  1. Popularity. People seem to just ignore this factor even though it's extremely important. In order for people to be invested in and buy the DLC, the character they select should obviously have a high demand.
  2. Her debut was post SCI. This makes it easier and more sensible, they can just retell her tale that started at SCIII.
  3. When it comes to her iconic state, it fits perfectly with being a DLC. She's not too iconic like say, Sophitia, Taki, Mitsu, Sieg, but still iconic and a stable since her debut in SCIII.
  4. Soulcalibur-VI_2018_08-21-18_061 (1).png
For those who main her, just be fucking happy that she's in this game at all. Your bitching is the last thing that Okubo & Project Soul deserve after their hard work with this project. Don't you know how desperate we were for a new game? 6 fucking years of waiting and Okubo came out of nowhere and decided to take up this project simple because he thought "Someone had to do it!". I'm already annoyed as fuck by the amount of dislikes her trailer has on YouTube.

I think it's a perfect selection and you bet your asses i'm gonna pre-order the Deluxe Edition as soon as i get home today.

I could have added in addition to the fan comment that folks being so ridiculous probably didn't want the game like that in the first place. Going out of your way to tell strangers on the net that you aren't buying the game and looking for reasons to be unhappy isn't really indicative of an investment or real interest in the game. If it's about the season pass before or after launch, we had ample time to save and still will after October 19th.

I'am more worried about that guy who might be Groh's dad (I hope he is not, because I don't like him lol).

@Vergeben can you confirm us if this guy is his dad or not ? He seems a second boss of the game, we saw Gr0h in a cinematic, so it might be him. Can we check other things like clothes, stage and voice acting ?

It would make sense to have a storyline where the new character Gr0h is somehow the hero along with the player who play a CAS.

Yea, let's forget about the amount of effort and work put into making this game by Okubo and the entire SC Team and start whining and bitching about the fact that there's a DLC character *GASP!*

Tira being DLC makes a lot of sense for the following reason:
  1. Popularity. People seem to just ignore this factor even though it's extremely important. In order for people to be invested in and buy the DLC, the character they select should obviously have a high demand.
  2. Her debut was post SCI. This makes it easier and more sensible, they can just retell her tale that started at SCIII.
  3. When it comes to her iconic state, it fits perfectly with being a DLC. She's not too iconic like say, Sophitia, Taki, Mitsu, Sieg, but still iconic and a stable since her debut in SCIII.
For those who main her, just be fucking happy that she's in this game at all. Your bitching is the last thing that Okubo & Project Soul deserve after their hard work with this project. Don't you know how desperate we were for a new game? 6 fucking years of waiting and Okubo came out of nowhere and decided to take up this project simple because he thought "Someone had to do it!". I'm already annoyed as fuck by the amount of dislikes her trailer has on YouTube.

I think it's a perfect selection and you bet your asses i'm gonna pre-order the Deluxe Edition as soon as i get home today.
giphy.gif

Back