Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Guess who just pre-ordered the deluxe edition:
Snapchat-210079561.jpg

I'am more worried about that guy who might be Groh's dad (I hope he is not, because I don't like him lol).

@Vergeben can you confirm us if this guy is his dad or not ? He seems a second boss of the game, we saw Gr0h in a cinematic, so it might be him. Can we check other things like clothes, stage and voice acting ?

It would make sense to have a storyline where the new character Gr0h is somehow the hero along with the player who play a CAS.

Didn't @Vergeben say that he knew who voices Grohs Dad/Master? He has enough speaking lines, seems like the trailer could confirm him if hes actually "Azwel".

No official source is outright saying anything other than preorder SP or buy separately, so until we know for sure, it's official.

Right now it's seems to be an extra Bonus for SP owners (not sure yet if you have to pre-order it). Then she will be available for DLC at later date (probably 1 month later)

Both the Bamco Twitter and PS Blog say only if you pre-order the SP.

"Purchase the Season Pass & receive Tira as a bonus character, or purchase her as standalone DLC. "

"Will you awaken Tira’s true personality in #SOULCALIBUR VI? An expert in the ominous Dance of Death fighting technique, this former assassin returns to the stage of history as a bonus character for Season Pass owners, and as a stand-alone DLC. "

Nothing about preordering

"Purchase the Season Pass & receive Tira as a bonus character, or purchase her as standalone DLC. "

"Will you awaken Tira’s true personality in #SOULCALIBUR VI? An expert in the ominous Dance of Death fighting technique, this former assassin returns to the stage of history as a bonus character for Season Pass owners, and as a stand-alone DLC. "

Nothing about preordering
You're right about the Twitter thing, I misread that, but the PS Blog does explicitly say to preorder.
Tira is available as a bonus character in the SoulCalibur VI Season Pass. Pre-order the season pass today to receive Tira on day one as well three additional playable characters and armor packs in the future. Tira will also be available for individual purchase.

You're right about the Twitter thing, I misread that, but the PS Blog does explicitly say to preorder.

Yeah i think Playstation just like other website that mentioned the same Pre-order thing misunderstood it or got inaccurate infos...

OR... Bandai Namco and Soul Calibur account aren't accurate in their infos? (which i doubt it tbh)

Since Namco haven't said thing about pre-ordering i won't take it. I asked Bandai Namco twitter about it already.

If the case is that you MUST preorder the SP to get her, then this is among the shittiest schemes I've ever seen, no matter the game genre. If it's just "buy the SP or vuy her separately", then it's slightly less shitty, though it's still shit because she's a complete fighting game character and will be done and released at launch, but must be purchased anyway.

They've confirmed you can buy her separately.

So if Tira isn’t the extra character, is the bonus guy the mage?
The mage is most likely the final boss or/and placed in the center of the roster. Why would they include a new character we know nothing of in a season pass?
Setsuka, Amy/Viola or Hilde will be in the season pass. The bonus character is Tira.

Might be an unpopular opinion but I think it's both smart and a good thing to make Tira DLC.

First it solves the storyline issue, they don't have to retcon her age or make her 12 years old or whatever. She doesn't make sense to be in the timeline so since she's DLC they can do whatever they want with her.

Second, it's going to sell a lot of DLC and season passes. More money for project soul is a good thing. We get better games in the future, more budget for patches, etc.

The pros outweigh the negatives by far in my opinion. Anyone who thinks this is an outrage because they can't afford to spend five or ten extra bucks on top of the base game for Tira, shit, pm me and I'll send you a fiver. Just doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

Shame we won't see any Tira story mode art like my av here. I love this art style and she looks killer in her official piece.

We might see Cassandra if Hayate is right in his theory (youtube). Hope to see her, people say Tira isnt in the base roster bc she appears in SC3 etc, but Cass was in SC2 ^^ like Talim (« most popular character » lol)

So Tira is announced and not part of the base roster and only available as a DLC character. Somehow, I knew that'd be the case.

Doesn't mean that she can't come with a Story Mode section or a stage once downloaded, but I imagine that would take a great deal of resources to download or do, so I suspect when you download the character, you're only getting the character and no extra stages or content. Just like Dampierre in SC5.

As for the new guy in CAS-story mode he is not affilated with the Aval organization. This is easy to tell since he bears no insignias or markings like Groh. He definitely seems Indian in origin based on his clothing, and while certainly a "boss" I'm not sure if he's going to take up a slot, or be regulated to another CAS-preset.

He also doesn't look like he's part of the Fygul Cestimus; but he could be.

Anyway, with Tira (finally) out of the Story Mode running, we can be pretty sure who's left on the roster to be revealed (and in another thread).

EDIT: Oh, by the way, those of you complaining about Tira being DLC, shut it. You were warned, multiple times, you were provided with evidence, inductive reasoning and more. You have no reason to complain about Tira being DLC. At the very least, we know she's know she's coming, even if she's not in the base roster.

"Oh look, Tira got revealed! I don't main her but she's cool."

*watches reveal trailer and hears her voice*

*shudders*

"Ugh! Na man, that shit ain't Tira. My condolences to her fans."

Back