Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

If Hwang or Rock were DLC characters, nobody would buy it. Defeating the point of making the DLC entirely.

No wait, Rock Conqueror would buy Rock and a few of us would buy Hwang. It would be really silly of them to offer unpopular "clone" characters as DLC.

Agreed it’s not about righteous fans or salty fans.
I really want this franchise to do well and with Anna and lei coming on the 6th of September its bring Players back to the Tekken franchise so close to SC6 release (which annoys me tbh).

SC needs longevity in terms of its community and funding and as much as the idea of Tira being DLC is unfavourable it’s an understandable concept.

And might I add ghosting these forums most people were convinced Tira wasn’t needed or important.
So Most of y’all shouldn’t even be mad about it.
As for Tira fans it’s sucks but let’s try and see the bigger picture, project soul obviously love this game but they have to adhere to profit like any other company (which usually comes down to time and money)

For all we know Tira could have been one of the characters that was given the extra time for in June since she wasn’t needed for story purposes and DLC is a way of paying off her debt.

It seems like it’ll be a throw back to Weapon Master.

But the description of meeting characters from within the series has me hoping that we can meet characters others than the ones seen. Unless this is there to make Mitsurugi actually important to the story somehow since Zas seems like a key player to this story.

The possibility of the alignment system gives me hopes it’s more open ended than linear.

But my biggest dissapointment is the lack of facial hair yet again.

And someone remind me if in III-IV Lizzy blocked the same way as Sophitia by cowering behind the shield. Because I’m pretty sure that’s what he did. Yet an axe doesn’t suit Sophitia.

If Gamescom is until the 25th...

Can we get reveals everyday? =D

Not impossible but i don't think so. Tho we may get some new gameplay footages including the last character reveals. Or even maybe some gameplay footage from the Story Mode.

Last edited:
Woot It's getting real!

SCVIBingoAug21.jpg

With how much they've been upping the fanservice of the female characters in this game, I was fully expecting to hate Tira's design, but honestly? I actually like it. A bit irked by the increase in cup size, but still. I think I'm happier about her design than I've been about literally any of the other ladies. Also wasn't totally sure about the casting of Kate Higgins, but she seems to be doing a pretty decent job.

Also, going through the CaS screenshots, did anyone notice that two of the female customs are wearing Tira's bodysuit from her SCV 2P?
Soulcalibur-VI_2018_08-21-18_021.jpg

Soulcalibur-VI_2018_08-21-18_006.jpg

Tira.full.1410228.jpg
Though neither of them are wearing the boots, which might be a separate piece on their own.
Seems like that means that the 2Ps, and possibly 1Ps from SCV will be in SCVI, which I couldn't be more excited about.
Also, they seem to be doing a much better job and splitting up the parts of the characters' 1P costumes than they did in SCV. For example, the elf dude in the trailer has Siegfried's scarf by itself and that one girl in the trailer also is wearing Mina's bikini without her shawl.

Also also, while there's still some floaty equipment, the layering seems to be a lot better than in SCV, as exhibited by this character wearing armor over Ivy's bodysuit, including some kind of shin armor.
Soulcalibur-VI_2018_08-21-18_024.jpg
Soulcalibur-VI_2018_08-21-18_025.jpg
While not much was added in terms of facial customization and whatnot, there does seem to be a nice collection of smaller improvements here and there, plus of course, a lot of really nice equipment.

Last edited:
I've rewatched that Tira trailer so many times now (seeing as she's my favorite) and while I mostly love her look, I couldn't quite put my finger on what looks off to me. But now I think I know what it is - there's too much black on her lower half! Simple fix, I need to change the black on her boots to match the green on her torso and forearms to make the look complete. Also, I'll probably change the black in her hair to a darker sea blue to add a colorful contrast the rest of her light blue/green hair.

Gahhh I'm excited! And yet, I still agree that her being prepared at launch yet locked behind more money separately or through the season pass is quite silly. Regardless, I was going to get the season pass, but I do understand the complaints for a character like Tira to not be part of the base roster yet still ready at launch.

I've rewatched that Tira trailer so many times now (seeing as she's my favorite) and while I mostly love her look, I couldn't quite put my finger on what looks off to me. But now I think I know what it is - there's too much black on her lower half! Simple fix, I need to change the black on her boots to match the green on her torso and forearms to make the look complete. Also, I'll probably change the black in her hair to a darker sea blue to add a colorful contrast the rest of her light blue/green hair.

Gahhh I'm excited! And yet, I still agree that her being prepared at launch yet locked behind more money separately or through the season pass is quite silly. Regardless, I was going to get the season pass, but I do understand the complaints for a character like Tira to not be part of the base roster yet still ready at launch.

So you like her English voice which sounds less crazier than usual and her moves that instead of being more flexible are leading to one hit which does an auto follow up? Imo she seems very different than before. I am interested to see why.

Back