Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Hi guys,

I asked about the DLC slots or not situation to my reliable source but couldn't get a clear answer yet. I will be able to talk again to some Namco's staff this Saturday as we have an event in France at LYON. I don't think he will clearly reveal me something but I will try to get at least an hint.

Anyway, I hope Okubo will say something about that 4 slots in TGS.

Okubo already said that we might see characters from SC4 or 5 in DLC, so I'am really not confident about your list @Dissidia

And he also said that the bast roster is at least 20 characters or more (it would be correct if Inferno is playable but very direspectful haha)

He will be very uncomfortable about commenting on something that shouldn't have happened. I hope you exercise enough consideration during that talk.

At this point i just wanna know if there are still characters left after raph and cervy and how many.

Alternatively, make sure you sit behind a desk or table of some sort and build tension with small, unexpected questions. "Have you been training?" "Do you respect your elders?" "Have you ever considered wearing a nice white feather boa?" That sort of thing. Lean into easy questions again in order to reel Okubo back in before you lose him entirely. Then, just as he's looking comfortable, kick the desk/table away as hard as you can, stand up straight and demand--in the name of all true Soul Calibur fans and especially me--to know what the producers have done with Olcadan.

olc04.gif

Last edited:
The thing about that leak, no I don't think the dude was lying, is that he said he was working on the game one year ago. It is naive to say that only Sophitia and Mitsurugi were ready one year ago, they probably have had at least an idea who was making in and who was not, however, Okubo did get extra time for this game, considering that the game got to be ready two months in advance, he probably got a total of 4 extra months to go Gold.

In that time he might have been able to add a character or two, of course this is extremely optimistic supposition, but if he was able too add 2 characters to the base roster, I imagine Cassandra and Hwang are the most likely ones to have been added, they already had the voice actors and at the very least art for story mode.

Another factor, this was last year. The game was still in active development and not everything was completely finished at that point.

Imagine this, they show a trailer at TGS and the character select screen is shown. The players begin to pick their chars and everyone notices that Raphael and Cervantes are there as well as Tira, Hwang, Lizardman, and Inferno in the 'small circle' locations. One of them goes to the bottom of the screen and then hits down one more time to reveal a whole other row of characters

I first read this as bathroom.

Watch the next character trailer be Edge Master. Just imagine the meltdown that would cause.

I believe Okubo when he talked about the state of the SC franchise. I don't think the franchise will be literally dead if SC6 fails, but I think it will be demoted to only appear on smartphones and as pachislo machines. Namco has also stated they want to focus on creating more new IPs, so they're probably eager to disband the SC team once again so they can work on something else.

Unless it does atrocious (unlikely at this point), future SCs will still come out on console if its not super successful, they just would have even lower budgets and be more like the non-serious anime games that Namco spits out.

I wonder what okubo meant exactly by saying there's no 2p. Now thinking about it, T7 doesn't have 2p either, but still have them in a way, and even more for some characters.

Maybe 2p costumes can come latter for some characters as DLC, as it did for Tekken. But with Okubo's statement for CAS and 2p costumes, I guess it will be less likely.

Last edited:
I wish they would change the profile picture of the SC twitter page. They've been using the Mitsu artwork (not even a zoomed in version to be a better fit for a porifle picturE) since they announced the game back in December.

I wish they would change the profile picture of the SC twitter page. They've been using the Mitsu artwork (not even a zoomed in version to be a better fit for a porifle picturE) since they announced the game back in December.

This takes me back to the time where Daishi would change his twitter icon of him edited with a recently revealed characters hairstyle. I miss that.

In that time he might have been able to add a character or two, of course this is extremely optimistic supposition, but if he was able too add 2 characters to the base roster, I imagine Cassandra and Hwang are the most likely ones to have been added, they already had the voice actors and at the very least art for story mode.

Gosh I hope so, those are the only 2 remaining that I'd really want in the base roster to say I'm satisfied (with expectations of having more thru DLC ofc)

Back