Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

So are we still in the phase where we're so unreasonably pessimistic that we think Lizardman isn't a base roster unlock, or

Btw what do you guys think about the abundant race selection for creation mode? I am quite surprised they dished out so many races for us to create. I guess it's just a slight model difference but there are so many!

Btw what do you guys think about the abundant race selection for creation mode? I am quite surprised they dished out so many races for us to create. I guess it's just a slight model difference but there are so many!

I'm only concerned about the 3 or 4 different variations of malfested, but that's less a complaint about them taking space from other races, but moreso that they didn't need to add so many variations of them.

But that's just silly talking. They gave us so many creative races to work with that I'd hardly be working with the malfested anyway.

I'm only concerned about the 3 or 4 different variations of malfested, but that's less a complaint about them taking space from other races, but moreso that they didn't need to add so many variations of them.

But that's just silly talking. They gave us so many creative races to work with that I'd hardly be working with the malfested anyway.
Considering Malfestation is one of the major plot points of the game, it doesn't bother me to have three different stages of it.

Mixed. Several of them really feel like they're just locking cosmetics to a race option which will sorta suck.

For example, you can't have a winged skeleton if i'm understanding how they did this right, or a malefested with horns. Hopefully I'm wrong and there's a bit more too it, but a lot of them feel like skin textures or just hard coded cosmetic locks.

Oh stages? Patroklos just nutted somewhere.

But that definitely puts a different spin on things. I'd like to take each one into CaS for a spin to see how much they differentiate from each other.
Yeah it's sort of a progression thing or a quantitative type thing. It's not three different types so much as three different stages of it.
Mixed. Several of them really feel like they're just locking cosmetics to a race option which will sorta suck.

For example, you can't have a winged skeleton if i'm understanding how they did this right, or a malefested with horns. Hopefully I'm wrong and there's a bit more too it, but a lot of them feel like skin textures or just hard coded cosmetic locks.
There was a malefic with horns in one video so I don't think it's as extreme as you are thinking. I think it's more some races have innate free traits.

Willing to bet that the notably less attractive races, like the Malefic and Fully Malfested, are male-only. I hope I'm wrong, but...
Which is part of what I'm talking about. Several characters in several table top games would go perfect with a female malefic type option...

View attachment 51230

Geralt has more than one weapon at least!

View attachment 51231

The circular icon at first made me think of Tira's ring blade, but the fact that it seems to be naming a pair of weapons as opposed to just one whole weapon (and the vague but imposing naming style) makes me think this is one of Azwel's weapons.

Motion & Stillness is one of Azwel's weapons & I see that he's CaSable despite being a boss.

Back