Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I'm not sure what you have now, but personally, I think the 1070 Ti is more than adequate compared to the 1080 Ti, and is $300 cheaper. I don't think the price difference is worth the marginal increase, just for my two cents on the matter.

If you must know, my current Video Card is a GTX 1060 with 6GB of VRAM.

FUCK I WANT TO STAY HERE BUT THERE ARE TOO MUCH SPOILERS AND PANIC I CANT HANDLE IT !

Jokes aside being here and talking to all of you was great since I dont have any friends that like fighting games so thanks everyone !!!! I will be back after game releases and probably spend my days on CAS topics showing of my creations lol

FUCK I WANT TO STAY HERE BUT THERE ARE TOO MUCH SPOILERS AND PANIC I CANT HANDLE IT !

Jokes aside being here and talking to all of you was great since I dont have any friends that like fighting games so thanks everyone !!!! I will be back after game releases and probably spend my days on CAS topics showing of my creations lol
I said I'd leave a page or so back and look where I am...good luck leaving. At least I won't post a spoiler in my reply like someone did with me. :sc2ass2:

Totally with you on this one, no need for arcade ends if each character has a story mode, and yeah ranked should not allow CAS characters as much as i too dont really like this choice (if its true), i have seen some cheese characters made by some people making fighting your opponent CAS character really stupid and not fun.
It's a silly thing the whole no Cas in ranked.
The size or height doesn't break the game, all it does is stop opponents having a fixed idea of what every styles hitbox is.

The only two things that should be disabled in ranked is additional customization items and absolute blacks.

Everything else is just a matter of folks whining and whinging.
If you're so deserving of "the ranked title" get good against all matchups

The size or height doesn't break the game, all it does is stop opponents having a fixed idea of what every styles hitbox is.

The only two things that should be disabled in ranked is additional customization items and absolute blacks.

But consistent hitboxes are important for any fighting game.

I can see the legitimate argument though that having too many different parts - many of which can be quite silly or make fighting styles less distinguishable - can take away from it being treated seriously by fighting game community. This can be looked at similar to how many competitive games limit skins in tournaments. It can add another layer of distraction which can affect the feeling of fair play, especially if such things are supposed to only be cosmetic.

look regardless of timeline stuff, the entire series is a bunch of altered timelines
imagine the cannon from edge-5 being line A and 6 being line B and every ending in between them are diverging world lines (Steins:Gate anyone)

"A tale of souls and swords, eternally retold"
The Steins;Gate comparison doesn't really work, because a different world line implies there was a massive change that altered the course of history, which is the exact opposite of what SoulCalibur VI is doing. It's filling in gaps and expanding on stories, but changing nothing of importance. It would only work if Azwel and Grøh were important outside of Libra of Soul, which is non-canon. Or we could maybe say that Libra of Soul is a different world line, I'd agree to that, but because it's non-canon, there's no "new timeline" for the main series, unless we're also saying Chronicles of the Sword counts.

New Axe & Shield
Adding more fuel to the Lizardman is in the game fire, condolences to Korean swordsmen. :sc3hwang1::sc2yun2:

You can't use Inferno for CaS so hopefully that in itself will diminish his presence in casual matches.
You couldn't use Ezio or Algol for CaS in SoulCalibur V either, oh wait... :sc5sc::sc5ezi1::sc5se:

To be honest the Inferno placement in the grid made all my theories go down the drain, I will just wait and see.
Kinda yeah, more or less, but also... too many signs point to Lizardman being in that I have to feel inclined to believe, and he would make sense next to Creation, while Edge Master would make sense next to Random, but this line of thinking means no Hwang without DLC, and I don't like his odds there...

Where will I use my detective work when the game is out?
You'll continue being one step behind, because this infographic also doesn't mention the new weapon that was just seen a little bit before this post that I quoted above by T.Rex. But the real mysteries are never solved, so you'll always have work, I'd say.

If Amy and Cassandra are DLC then I'm canceling my DE preorder. Bamco can go fuck themselves with making half of the characters in a $30 season pass (with only 4 characters, mind you) clones.
If they were able to de-clone Mi-na, then they should also be able to de-clone Cassandra and Amy, if you even believe them to be clones to begin with.

We are less than a week from release and they acting a fool!

Make their favorite character DLC, and they get angry.

Don't make their favorite character DLC, and still, they get angry.

Look, it's likely popular characters are going to be DLC, if they want people to purchase them.
It's legitimately impossible to please everyone with the limited number of slots. Even if we do get Cassandra and Amy as DLC, we're still not getting any vibes that seem like Hwang or Yun-seong are going to make it in either form, which is a real bummer. We'll just have to take what we can get, and hope for this game's success, so that SoulCalibur VII may actually have the perfect roster.

Hey does anybody know if we will be able to select DLC characters fighting style for our CAS character? Like Tira for instance (since she’s the only one revealed so far)?
I know this was answered already, but it would be really dumb if we couldn't, but we also had Dampierre as precedent for saying that it's going to be possible, and in that Geralt is usable, it's very possible that the second guest, if we do get one, would even be usable as well.

If you must know, my current Video Card is a GTX 1060 with 6GB of VRAM.
Honestly, I think the 1060 would be fine for SoulCalibur VI, but it depends on what else you're planning on playing, whether or not the upgrade would be worth doing. 1060 to 1070 Ti would be a step up, and 1080 Ti would be a couple steps up, but when you're already above goal, you're mostly just getting bonus points if you could already run the game maxed out as it were. I'd only upgrade in your case if you wanted to play the game in 4K, if you were fine with 1080p, the 1060 should be more than capable of getting the job done.

I can see the legitimate argument though that having too many different parts - many of which can be quite silly or make fighting styles less distinguishable - can take away from it being treated seriously by fighting game community. This can be looked at similar to how many competitive games limit skins in tournaments. It can add another layer of distraction which can affect the feeling of fair play, especially if such things are supposed to only be cosmetic.
So essentially, a bunch of idiots ruin it for the creatives who would actually use the system to make interesting designs. CaS isn't the problem, people are.

What if their movesets are mostly unique though?
There are still plenty more original characters that deserve to be in over any sub-clones. Hwang, Hilde, Viola, Zwei, and Aeon represent entire weapons that aren't to be seen in the game as of yet, but instead we get another sword/shield and rapier user. Make Cassandra use Spear/Shield and give Amy the crystal ball and I'll have nothing but praise, but when you're asking me to pay almost $8 for a character, they should be made 100% from scratch like SFV or Xrd's DLC characters. I'm only taking up-ports of characters because Bamco is practically holding the game hostage and because a lot of characters are getting interesting new tools in addition to their ported movesets.
God forbid putting the two most popular characters that didn't make it in DLC where they might actually sell.
God forbid asking for my money to go into characters that actually add considerably to a game already looking pretty anemic. The roster did good by cutting down on clone weapons almost entirely, I wouldn't want it to start by charging me to ruin that.

There are still plenty more original characters that deserve to be in over any sub-clones. Hwang, Hilde, Viola, Zwei, and Aeon represent entire weapons that aren't to be seen in the game as of yet, but instead we get another sword/shield and rapier user. Make Cassandra use Spear/Shield and give Amy the crystal ball and I'll have nothing but praise, but when you're asking me to pay almost $8 for a character, they should be made 100% from scratch like SFV or Xrd's DLC characters. I'm only taking up-ports of characters because Bamco is practically holding the game hostage and because a lot of characters are getting interesting new tools in addition to their ported movesets.

God forbid asking for my money to go into characters that actually add considerably to a game already looking pretty anemic. The roster did good by cutting down on clone weapons almost entirely, I wouldn't want it to start by charging me to ruin that.

You forgot setsuka :3

The Steins;Gate comparison doesn't really work, because a different world line implies there was a massive change that altered the course of history, which is the exact opposite of what SoulCalibur VI is doing. It's filling in gaps and expanding on stories, but changing nothing of importance. It would only work if Azwel and Grøh were important outside of Libra of Soul, which is non-canon. Or we could maybe say that Libra of Soul is a different world line, I'd agree to that, but because it's non-canon, there's no "new timeline" for the main series, unless we're also saying Chronicles of the Sword counts.

Adding more fuel to the Lizardman is in the game fire, condolences to Korean swordsmen. :sc3hwang1::sc2yun2:

You couldn't use Ezio or Algol for CaS in SoulCalibur V either, oh wait... :sc5sc::sc5ezi1::sc5se:

Kinda yeah, more or less, but also... too many signs point to Lizardman being in that I have to feel inclined to believe, and he would make sense next to Creation, while Edge Master would make sense next to Random, but this line of thinking means no Hwang without DLC, and I don't like his odds there...

You'll continue being one step behind, because this infographic also doesn't mention the new weapon that was just seen a little bit before this post that I quoted above by T.Rex. But the real mysteries are never solved, so you'll always have work, I'd say.

If they were able to de-clone Mi-na, then they should also be able to de-clone Cassandra and Amy, if you even believe them to be clones to begin with.

It's legitimately impossible to please everyone with the limited number of slots. Even if we do get Cassandra and Amy as DLC, we're still not getting any vibes that seem like Hwang or Yun-seong are going to make it in either form, which is a real bummer. We'll just have to take what we can get, and hope for this game's success, so that SoulCalibur VII may actually have the perfect roster.

I know this was answered already, but it would be really dumb if we couldn't, but we also had Dampierre as precedent for saying that it's going to be possible, and in that Geralt is usable, it's very possible that the second guest, if we do get one, would even be usable as well.

Honestly, I think the 1060 would be fine for SoulCalibur VI, but it depends on what else you're planning on playing, whether or not the upgrade would be worth doing. 1060 to 1070 Ti would be a step up, and 1080 Ti would be a couple steps up, but when you're already above goal, you're mostly just getting bonus points if you could already run the game maxed out as it were. I'd only upgrade in your case if you wanted to play the game in 4K, if you were fine with 1080p, the 1060 should be more than capable of getting the job done.

So essentially, a bunch of idiots ruin it for the creatives who would actually use the system to make interesting designs. CaS isn't the problem, people are.

They should just not have cas in tournaments.

Yea, i'm leaving this site until i get the game.

I just want to say thank you all for the entertainment, discussions, laughs, cries (MUH SETSUKA </3), anger, and most importantly cancer. 85% of this thread (and the older one) is cancer but it was still entertaining and it felt like we were one big disoriented family. <3

I'll be back when it's time to anticipate the DLC characters/reveals. Hopefully i'll see you guys online on PS4 or Steam.

But until then:

kenhsinhvien-tumblr-ma8oc5i9eu1rdy3k8o1-500-1469432779573-10-0-265-500-crop-1469433216083.gif
tenor.gif

Of course, I agree. I can't stand seeing creations of just penises, like what's with the weird fascination. However it shouldn't penalise those who like to create their own reasonable lore

That's how it's been for literally years, though. That's understood. Online play is not and never will be the platform for official tournaments.
I think every current fighter has online tournaments now lol.

But there are easy ways to adapt. I don't see why there can't be a server that allows any character, and a separate one for ranked.

Back