Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

It's possible that in 7 hours the PC community will be making that announcement for Namco.
They didn't use character names in Tekken, so they probably won't use them here.

We'll probably find out about plenty of old cosmetics that they'll resell to us later though.

Maybe the men like Noctis in Japan? He's just not popular enough in the West. Too much of a tryhard.

Geese is cool but way too niche.

And then they had bowling lol.

I'm curious how this influenced their decision making for SC6 Season Pass.

The Real Tekken 7 Console & PC Roadmap for Season 1

Game Releases June 2, 2017
Geese Gets Announces At EVO 2017
Bowling DLC in September 2017
Noctis is Announced in Early November 2017
Geese Releases at the end of November 2017
Noctis Gets Release Near The End of March 2018
June 2, 2018 - 1 Year Anniversary Costume DLC

Thankfully there will be more content for SC6 Season Pass. Any big gaming events coming in November/December? Christmas season might just be all it takes though. Also sounds like a good opportunity for a lot of those CaS parts to be Christmas based.

The VGAs in early December are where the game was first announced last year, so I imagine we'll see a DLC reveal or two there (maybe showing off the first CaS pack and a DLC character). I don't know if there's anything big events in late October or November before it though.

The ideal would be to see DLC character 2 and CaS pack 1 released by December (getting one DLC a month essentially) but I feel like they'll stretch them out a little more. Maybe a release schedule like December-January-March-April-July if they want the DLC to last for most of the year.

Last edited:
Geese seems like a rather obscure pick. If i played Tekken, i would be ecstatic but i doubt the majority of people wanted him in. If i think about that, it gives me some hope for Nakoruru.
Nakoruru is fine but she's the only Sam sho character that gets shown any love and most of that love comes from people who don't even play sam sho. as a huge SNK fan boy I would prefer any other character over her and I think Amakusa would be a better fit because they would play similar to Viola and is would make it possible to have Amy and a revamped viola style in the game

Nakoruru is fine but she's the only Sam sho character that gets shown any love and most of that love comes from people who don't even play sam sho. as a huge SNK fan boy I would prefer any other character over her and I think Amakusa would be a better fit because they would play similar to Viola and is would make it possible to have Amy and a revamped viola style in the game

I personally would prefer Zankuro even if he's just a katana wielder but he so damn cool looking and imposing.

I'd stay out of the Talim forums for a while unless you have a big magnet for your hard drive
Eww.

1466362303192721652.gif

I personally would prefer Zankuro even if he's just a katana wielder but he so damn cool looking and imposing.
As long as it's not bird girl I'm happy and I'm excited about the possibility of a soulcalibur character being in samurai shodown, even though I doubt it would happen even if SC had one of their characters as a guest

Last edited:
To those asking, input lag is inherent in every single game. Simply can't be avoided. It's how much and how it exists that can be problematic. At over 5.5F, SCVI is a bit high, but the bigger issue is that it'll randomly spike or peak over time, meaning your moves will come out either earlier or later than you intended randomly. This is horrible competitively because it means you'll randomly miss perfect links and just frames for no reason at all.

SFV was recently discovered to have a similar issue in that its input lag increased gradually over time before suddenly dropping back to about 5F, but the reason it wasn't discovered immediately is because it increased by 3F in the span of like 15min, which is near impossible for a player to notice in practice.
Isn't there supposed to be a Day One patch? Hopefully that will correct it.
That came out yesterday. The game is v1.01 now.

Back