Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I really hope we won't have to wait until Christmas. I'm excited to see what I can use 2B for. It actually has me a little interested in her own game.

For those who like numbers, here's what my online environment (I play on steam) looks like:

Out of 304 encounters (not counting rematch), my opponents picked:
  1. Nightmare (9.7%)
  2. Siegfried (8.7%)
  3. Ivy (7.4%)
  4. Taki (6.4%)
  5. Cervantes (6.4%)
  6. Yoshimitsu (6.0%)
  7. Mitsurugi (5.7%)
  8. Geralt (5.4%)
  9. Kilik (5.4%)
  10. Sophitia (5.0%)
  11. Azwel (4.7%)
  12. Groh (4.3%)
  13. Seong Mi-Na (4.0%)
  14. Raphaël (3.7%)
  15. Tira (3.7%)
  16. Voldo (3.3%)
  17. Xianghua (3.0%)
  18. Zasalamel (2.7%)
  19. Talim (2.3%)
  20. Astaroth (2.0%)
  21. Maxi (2.0%)
(The normal frequency if all characters were played equally would be 4.76%)

33% of my opponent played "full CAS" Character (Those 33% do not include "homemade" 2P).
I got 5 ragequit (1.64%) and 3 "inappropriate" CAS (0.99%)

Do you have a similar experience?

I think in order I see Nightmares, seigs, mitsu, taki, kilik zas, ivy, cerv, asta yoshi, sophi, tira and then i lose track. I've played again one talim so far playing ranked, more of them in casual, although I also main Talim.

Quick question. I'm not sure if this occurs for other characters but I find that if I GI into my CE on Talim, the damage output is almost cut in half maybe even more. I've done the GI into CE on a couple other characters but I never really paid attention to their damage values but I don't think it happens to them.

Quick question. I'm not sure if this occurs for other characters but I find that if I GI into my CE on Talim, the damage output is almost cut in half maybe even more. I've done the GI into CE on a couple other characters but I never really paid attention to their damage values but I don't think it happens to them.
Yeah damage you do on post GI is scaled. Thank god imagine Soph SC TAS B damage from a level 2 GI otherwise lol

I have to say i'm surprised to hear how often Ivy is encountered because i rarely see her [...]. Think i've seen maybe three Ivys.
Well... not counting me as an Ivy player of course. :p

I've played against one talim so far playing ranked, more of them in casual, although I also main Talim.

Reading this, I really wonder if ranked matchmaking avoids mirror match. I play Talim and Sophitia. I got only one mirror with each in ranked. I encountered much more Talim when playing Sophitia and vice versa.

Imagine Soul Charge charges!

DF05CBAA-885A-4DAB-B605-C6F88D7F8FCF.gif

My god...

Reading this, I really wonder if ranked matchmaking avoids mirror match. I play Talim and Sophitia. I got only one mirror with each in ranked. I encountered much more Talim when playing Sophitia and vice versa.

But i wonder why PS would bother putting in a feature like this?

That activating Soul charge is absurdly safe? In the same spirit, I facepalmed several times : My opponent whiff a GI, I react with a CE, short animation for tempting it, and I get caught by the same GI animation I reacted.

That's a good point, I read too much into this.

The window invincibility is a bit longer than i though, i didn't experimented that kind of situation often so i didn't knew lol

Interesting what you say about GI, i didn't experiment this same thing but i found GI window is a bit too long than what it should, the opponent do GI, i clearly see it, then i do a move that should punish the whiff but instead not i my move got stopped but that same GI, but maybe it was a lag thing i dunno really lol. Sorry if this is old news i've been playing mostly RDR2 the last days lol

About the topic of used characters online: I've met only one Zasalamel so far, not that much of Ivy (maybe 6 in all), Only 2 raphael players (the amazing Apoc Recolution and another CaS Raph), a lot of Night players, and Sophie too, Sieg, Kilik, X, Taki are often too. The others are overall in the same quite decent. And Tira decent amount too. I'm pretty sure once 2B will be out she'll be one of the most played character online.

Also now i think that the move that has more reach than intend is the Night auto defense destruction. (don't remember the exact name but i think it's obvious which move i'm talking about)

Do you guys think FT2 should be forced? those guys that you won, then they win, then they quit with that 1-1 i found it quite silly tbh

Oh yeah about characters i don't met often i'll add groh too, i just meet one and holly hell i don't know nothing about this character, and i found quite hard to know if his move is mid/low/high. Took me a while to get that his A+B is a low lol

Back