SOULCALIBUR 6: News, leaks and information discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, lets break this in parts, shall we?

- Grøh - I really like him. He didn't really surprise me too much, but he looks incredibly hot and he seems to be awesome moveset-wise. He does seem a little too calm to be just an agent of Nightmare, but we'll see his part being played once the story details come.

- Nightmare - More like Nightmehre. He looks as boring as most of his P1 costumes, and his super looks cool but lacks that "punch" in the end. Doesn't impress me in any way.

- Xianghua - I'm sure she is what everyone expected. I like how her "empowered mode"'s energy looks like the energy from her Critical Finish in SC4, its a nice detail.

- Kilik - Even though it was obvious, its good to see the mistake of SC5 undone. He looks really cool and I like how they're finally letting us see his malfested side, since we knew he had one because that was how he had killed Xianglian, but it was never shown in game. I also like the detail that his hair unties when he goes malfested, the detail I don't like though is that, somehow, the rest of his clothes can handle it, ar the very least he could have ended with a small part of his pants working as a loincloth. Still, he looks awesome.

Looks like they haven't finished the voice work for those characters yet... Trailer felt a bit quiet after Groh and all of his anime-ing.

It does look very SCV in terms of combos and moveset, which isn't a bad thing for me, but I was expecting an attempt to return to the (game) design of older games.

Oh now I get the Groh's reference! It's "Chevalier mal fet," the way Sir Lancelot calls himself in "The Ill-Made Knight", a book written by TH White ^^

Edit: maybe there's some hidden meaning in that? :D

Last edited:
My only criticism of Kilik going all blood-rage mode is that he keeps the Dvarpa-Yuga around him. According to the lore, he's wears that specifically to prevent himself from going crazy. Couldn't they have had it come off as part of his transformation?

Not crazy about the new guy, but maybe he'll Groh on me.

From the looks of it, it seems Grøh and Kilik have the same thing going on but Grøh can control his. Hmmmm

Very interesting theory, could indeed be the case. Which can make Grøh even more interesting in that case, Edgelord personality would make more sens.

Well him trying to stop Kilik's corruption (perhaps after causing it) is what I thought at first too but everyone ignored me so I figured everyone else thought he was a baddie lol.
Actually after he won the match, Groh mentioned being on a "mission." If his mission is to subdue Kilik, because of the Evil Seed, that could be the rivalry we've been hearing about

Actually after he won the match, Groh mentioned being on a "mission." If his mission is to subdue Kilik, because of the Evil Seed, that could be the rivalry we've been hearing about
To me that just seems like a generic victory quote. He's an assassin, the gimmick for each fight that he's in on VS mode or arcade is that they're his targets. Plus he's obviously affected by the Evil Seed as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back