SOULCALIBUR 6: News, leaks and information discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve honestly never been into Nightmare at all until now. His reimagined armor from SC1 (that I’ve personally preferred) including the cape is SO sexy. And of course, his freaking dark energy steed! Shadow mustang? Chaos stallion? :sc1nm1: I might just pick you up you cranky knight.

Kayane also told Siegfried and Nightmare are one in the game. So, no Sieg apparently..

A later Tweet in the chain, she says "Ben comme dans Soul 2, avec Sieg = Nightmare ils ne mettront pas deux persos, c’est ce que je dis. Ils ne veulent pas faire de doublons de style de combat puisqu’il n’y a que 20 persos en plus" -> "Well as in Soul 2, with Sieg = Nightmare they won't put two characters, is what I say. They do not want to duplicate fighting style since there are only 20 characters more."

That doesn't exactly bode well for Cassandra, either, if that's true. But I feel like I don't know if she's just guessing or not.

A later Tweet in the chain, she says "Ben comme dans Soul 2, avec Sieg = Nightmare ils ne mettront pas deux persos, c’est ce que je dis. Ils ne veulent pas faire de doublons de style de combat puisqu’il n’y a que 20 persos en plus" -> "Well as in Soul 2, with Sieg = Nightmare they won't put two characters, is what I say. They do not want to duplicate fighting style since there are only 20 characters more."

That doesn't exactly bode well for Cassandra, either, if that's true. But I feel like I don't know if she's just guessing or not.

She's just guessing, but a lot of people will take it as Official statement cause she is famous lmao

I personally think Siegfried will be in the game, we will see.

It doesn't bode well for : Siegfried, Cassandra, Seong Mi-Na and Rock (because realistically Astaroth has huge chances to be present).

Nah, siegfried is gone...he has the stances.

Its not that bad when you think about it. Its like a hybrid of Sieg/Knighty from SC4.

Also GI window way too big
Does he have all 4 stances (from SC3-5)? I really liked spinning around into those stances all the time. Back, Forward, Chief, and Ground.

Nightmare has only chief and night side stance apparently, so there is still hope for siegfried fighting style to return

He actually has NLS as well. He might only have one of the side stances, but apart from that most of his options from SC 2 + GS seem to have been restored. Some of them (like his old NBSR AA) are also available from neutral now.

Nightmare has only chief and night side stance apparently, so there is still hope for siegfried fighting style to return
He actually has NLS as well. He might only have one of the side stances, but apart from that most of his options from SC 2 + GS seem to have been restored. Some of them (like his old NBSR AA) are also available from neutral now.
Yup. He goes into NSL briefly @ 2:14.

New Famitsu Article about SC6 with new HD screens of all the 6 revealed characters > https://www.famitsu.com/news/201801/26150430.html

5a691f7bb60c4.jpg

Interesting. I wonder if Nightmare will get Sieg's 3B (or SC5 wrB) animation ? I saw Nightmare's wrB~NSS in some of the game play footage already. I haven't seen his FC3B AT, but that move was also really cool and I'd hate to see it go.

He also has that really weird slide-crouch punch that looks out of place imo

The trailer literally showed NM's 3B into NSS aB (and then into soul charged move), so I don't think Sieg's 3B is in....

She's just guessing I suppose. Because there were 2 characters in SCI, both NM and Sieg. She doesn't know much about the Soul games, except spam X's and Viola's moves! xD

Edit: also, she STATES "no Sieg", why? Has she seen the whole roster? I doubt so...

Anyone read up on the famitsu article ?

Does Nightmare have a lot of moves that give him super armor or something ?

Groh logically doesn't have that much range (since you can only handle the weapon in the middle, there is always one blade not in use) but his soul charge gives him gap closing teleports ??

Anyone read up on the famitsu article ?

Does Nightmare have a lot of moves that give him super armor or something ?

Groh logically doesn't have that much range (since you can only handle the weapon in the middle, there is always one blade not in use) but his soul charge gives him gap closing teleports ??
That's basically it ^^

I'm personally not a fan of Grøh's design. He looks like rejected concept for a villain from a Final Fantasy game. The other characters look pretty good. As with Mitsurugi and Sophitia, they're obviously based on their SC1 designs. Not sure how I feel about Evil Kilik. I'll be a bit disappointed if it's a separate character.

Should I say that the discussion we had with @Sectus was about his language having the "ø" letter? you can thank us.
Yup. Me and JohnMcKee know just about everything there is about the game, and we were trying to give subtle hints. (Never mind the fact I was completely wrong about Taki being in this reveal.)

Is the name Grøh German?
As JohnMcKee mentioned, it would have to be Scandinavian or African. I think the letter is mostly associated with Danish and Norwegian, but the spelling of Grøh is unlike anything you'd see in those languages (someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there's a single word or name in those languages ending with a vowel and then an H).

I'm guessing Namco tried to make the name more exotic by adding in an unusual letter and they didn't give it any more thought than that.

Also, as JohnMcKee mentioned, I'm pretty sure his name is mispronounced by the announcer. If it's supposed to be an Scandinavian Ø, then it wouldn't sound like that at all.

If there is anyone who cares, Grøh is apparently Danish for "green line."
Whatever the hell that is supposed to mean. lol
That's not true, grøh is definitely not a word in Danish (I don't think it's a word in any language). Green line in Danish is "grøn linje."

Anyone know what Grøh says at the end of his special? It sounds like Chevalier and then something starting with an M.

As for his name, I'm assuming they are using the letter ø to make the seem interesting. Groh(with a regular O) is an actual german last name(German: nickname for a grizzled or gray-haired man, from Middle High German gra ‘gray’)

If they are going for him just being vaguely scandinavian, the pronunciation they are using for him sounds a lot like the swedish or danish Grå (still meaning Gray).

Nightmare:
It appears that when Nightmare successfully lands an armor move, his Soul Edge will go red. in that state, he can use SC-specific technique only once

Kilik:
- SC results in his transformation that will gradually eat his life bar.
- this is specific only to Kilik, no other character has this mechanic
- his transformation will continue until he is defeated, or he uses his CE
- Kilik's CE can be blocked, Devil Kilik's CE is UB

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back