SOULCALIBUR 6: News, leaks and information discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Current roster is 4 men and 2 women so it makes sense for the next two to be females to balance it out. Valentines Day gimmick could be a thing after all. If Ivy and Taki are usually early then that seems like a safe bet, though I'd rather instead of Ivy it was someone less obvious to be in.

I just can't get enough of watching this game. It's all I do anymore. I'm worried that when I finally get my hands on it, it'll feel underwhelming 'cause I've already seen it all, lol.

I did spot this though:
yGeinSk.png

So it seems there ARE non-standard Versus modes but they're accessable after selecting 'Versus', so the two spots beneath Versus must be new modes entirely! At least I hope!
Special versus and team versus :P

Special versus and team versus :P
I think Special is probably under regular VS on the 'Battle Type' setting. Unless it really changes the game that much to warrant a whole mode dedicating to it. I thought it just added weapon choice and random stage effects or something (it's been a while since I played a game that had it).

Team Versus is probably a separate thing for sure and would be welcomed :)

The battle types does back up Psykai's theory.

Also like the more down-to-earth and not Astral Chaos themed motif. Hopefully this will also mean a good percentage of the stages aren't Amazing Technicolor Battlefields.

I am quite curious as to why Battle is the fourth option in the menu though? Hope those three are really damn good.

The battle types does back up Psykai's theory.

Also like the more down-to-earth and not Astral Chaos themed motif. Hopefully this will also mean a good percentage of the stages aren't Amazing Technicolor Battlefields.

I am quite curious as to why Battle is the fourth option in the menu though? Hope those three are really damn good.
I can think of Story and Online. Practice Mode and CaS would probably be lower in the menu, any guesses?

I still don't get what is happening here in the announcement trailer @ 0.47:
Sophitia parries 5 of Mitsu's attacks then goes into the Reversal Edge, right? Were the parries from holding down the Reversal Edge button before releasing? Or were the parries from a prior Soul Charge? Or were the parries from 5 quick forward GI repels (don't think they are in the game anymore though)? Or were the parries from one of Sophi's auto-GI moves? Why did her shield glow and appear to be powering up with each successive parry?

So idk if this has been confirmed yet but it seems like every character has a vertical GB attack which is meant to counter RE and GI. Do these attacks lethal hit when hitting an opponent out of RE/GI? It would make sense since it doesn't appear that they grant a combo without a lethal hit.

1st Icon: Online
Book&Quill: Story
Knight: Arcade
Swords & Shield: Battle
Crown:
Coin: Create A Soul
Bow and Arrow: Training or Profile. Training could also be in Battle so we might be getting our hopes up for nothing. If it is training, then the profile could be in options instead.
Eye: Options

I still don't get what is happening here in the announcement trailer @ 0.47:
Sophitia parries 5 of Mitsu's attacks then goes into the Reversal Edge, right? Were the parries from holding down the Reversal Edge button before releasing? Or were the parries from a prior Soul Charge? Or were the parries from 5 quick forward GI repels (don't think they are in the game anymore though)? Or were the parries from one of Sophi's auto-GI moves? Why did her shield glow and appear to be powering up with each successive parry?
Just RE being held and released after the last one.

Crown:
Bow and Arrow: Training or Profile. Training could also be in Battle so we might be getting our hopes up for nothing. If it is training, then the profile could be in options instead.
Oh yeah Arcade, forgot about that. I would bet anything that those are the first 4 options.

Held for 5 hits!?
Yeah I think it's a time duration thing, I'm not sure how long you can hold it for but I think because it was quick attacks in succession from a string it just does all hits, similar to how a JG from sc5 JGs all hits of a string if they close enough together

I'm really very very curious on how they'll go with Ivy in this game, i mean both aesthetically and gameplay wise.

Personally i hope they'll try to capture the best from all her design in SC2,3&5 (her best designs imo), and gameplay wise hope her too be too deep and super rich with multiple stances and possibilities.

Crown:

I think the crown will be SC4 survival. It's the same icon in the end screen of vs that shows how many consecutive wins the winner has.. hence my theory

Edit: survival was also a mode in the original SC so makes sense in the fact that a reboot of sorts would bring back modes

Last edited:
I hope so. IV, V, and the direction Tekken 7 took give me reasons to dread the lack of single player content. I pretty much got to a point in V where it was all just art references using CaS.

I think the crown will be SC4 survival. It's the same icon in the end screen of vs that shows how many consecutive wins the winner has.. hence my theory

Edit: survival was also a mode in the original SC so makes sense in the fact that a reboot of sorts would bring back modes
Don't take this as confirmation of definitely being a thing, but I did hear there might be a trial/combo challenge mode thing.
I'm not sure which icon that would line up with though. But I suppose it is worth considering thinking about if they do.

do we know what Sophitia's SC is/does?

also, is there a reference page that explains all the Soul Calibur gameplay mechanics, lingo, abbreviations, etc. that I see you all use?

( I'm relatively new to these forums and definitely a casual when it comes to SC games. )

Don't take this as confirmation of definitely being a thing, but I did hear there might be a trial/combo challenge mode thing.
I'm not sure which icon that would line up with though. But I suppose it is worth considering thinking about if they do.
Argh, I hate to sound ungrateful but I really hope they don't waste a slot on that. I hated Gauntlet/Trials in Broken Destiny. Way too hard for casual players and non-pros. My timing and general skills are bad at the best of times without absurd requests and expectations being dumped on me. We need more modes that are accessible to ALL players and at least easier to work with. That's why Legendary Souls was a waste of time. Only pros are going to enjoy playing something that hard.

I wouldn't mind Mission Mode or Weapons Master though because at least they had some cool themes with the challenges and were a little easier by comparison, but to be fair I didn't get to play them much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back