SOULCALIBUR 6: News, leaks and information discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally don't care about guest characters, they aren't for people like us who have been with the franchise for years and already love Soul Calibur. They are there to tempt potential new players. So the guest character can be anyone and I wouldn't care: anime, other games, movies, who cares? As long as they are very popular so that they bring in new players and are made to fit the Soul Calibur aesthetic, anyone is good.
Exactly.
When you go down the list, what do SC guest characters have in common?
Always doing something different...
SCII = Link (popular and iconic video game character from one of the most popular ever which was made in Japan), Spawn (popular American comic book character), Heihachi (popular Japanese fighting game character)
SCIV = Darth Vader and Yoda (characters from one of and arguably the most popular movie IP of all time), The Apprentice (original character created for a video game based on said movie IP)
SCV = Ezio (popular video game character from the west)

Are you seeing a trend here?
Whether intentionally or not, the series has this inclination to not "return to the well" yet, but keep branching out and trying characters from things they never have before.
If anything, by process of elimination their next choices would be an anime/manga character, a female character, or a character from a television show.

Absolute side note, but if the Zoro thing IS happening and true and I'm still not believing it until I hear something legitimate from my main source, I realized something:
They'd probably get Eiichiro Oda to draw characters (mostly the women) of Soul Calibur VI for a special edition cover.

Surely none of you would fall for this laughable fantasy.
How do you think I felt when I was told the TMNT were coming to Injustice 2?
It was from someone I knew was absolutely not lying to me, so I was in a state of shock and like "holy shit WHAT?"
The reactions I got online when I leaked they were coming to Injustice 2 over on gamefaqs was pretty legendary too. lol

Thing is, this person who came to me with this Bandai Namco info that included that SCVI info is some totally random person who felt inclined to create an account just to share these various informations on things because they felt they were wrongfully terminated.
They knew about me and what I've said and put out there before, and also being someone who speaks German, they sent me this personal message about what happened to them, why they were so mad, and how Bandai Namco messed up by not even having them sign NDAs within the short time they worked there.
Like I said before, they chose me as the surrogate for their message. I'm still obviously not fully believing it all because it was just so strange and out of nowhere.
But it was such a weird, long, personal and impassioned message that I'll give them to benefit of the doubt to at least try and prove ANYTHING they decided to share with me is correct.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind seeing a shounen jump version of what SCIV did, where the big artists design an original character for the game who use an existing moveset, that's the one time I've actually cared about guest characters (although I suppose they're more like bonus characters rather than real guests).

Hearing a OP character might be in actually makes me rather have 2B despite her many issues in SC.

An anime character is the exact opposite direction we should go. SCV had enough of that.

Me and Hyrul (@Age_of_Truth ) got invited to Namco UK yesterday to try out the latest build of SCVI (longest 2 weeks wait of our lives). Capped some matches below, not as much as we’d like but still something. Gameplay isn’t the best unfortunately due to some problems with the controller inputs but enjoy anyway. We might do a podcast or something to go over our thoughts etc.

This got buried in the exciting Ivy & Zas reveals, but thanks for posting these. I was particularly pleased to see someone using Mitsu RLC stance more, including the return of False Purification (SCIV's RLC A+B+K aGI move) – one of my favorites! (See 1:36 in the video above.)

I am not a fan of One Piece but I can see why they would choose Zoro as the male guest character.
Anyway if I had to choose I would preffer Guts or even Griffith from Berserk anytime. They would fit better in a SC game.

About the female guest character I would prefer Ciri over 2B anyday.
I mean I like 2B and I would be fine with her but in my opinion she is way too overrated while Ciri has a lot of potential.

tw3__ciri_by_anubisdhl-db2yo7j.jpg

In case we won't get Geralt at least give us Ciri.

On the other side, I hope Cervantes will be a main character. If they even consider selling him as a DLC a lot of people (like myself) will be mad. But well we still don't know for sure what will happen. It's all speculation so far.

Last edited:
wow...that fan art on the other page lmao.
Have to admit I've never heard of this Zoro character from One Piece, In terms of guest characters though I have heard people mentioning Geralt from the witcher a lot and would be cool with him being the/a guest character in sc6. A Final Fantasy character would be cool but that seems unlikely.
The stuff about Maxi's lover and stuff sounds cool, and so It will be about 22 characters at launch? And It will be Hwang over Yun.

Is it a thing that we are getting two guest characters a man and a woman?

About the female guest character I would preffer Ciri over 2B anyday.
I'd love her but I feel they could have a lot more fun with Geralt in terms of using signs in his movelist (Aard for UB, Quen for GI, Maybe Axii for SC?) as well as items (like Thunderbolt potion for SC instead of Axii). If the Witcher guest has to be female, Ciri would be cool, but I think Geralt and 2B are the best first choices for both movelist and popularity reasons.

That is a beautiful render of Cirilla btw.

Hi all.

As Silent_Joel mentioned, Namco were kind enough to give us some time with the current 6-character build of SCVI on Wednesday.

I mainly focused on Xianghua and have posted some of my findings in her dedicated thread.

Tonight we'll figure out how we're going to update you guys with more general info, possibly in a podcast.

We didn't find out as much as we'd hoped for, but we still have some details re: first impressions, feel, system.

I will probably post it too once I get a chance.

For now I will just say that the game feels really satisfying, it's clear that they have built it with the community demands firmly at the front of their design choices, and that I think fans of SCII are really going to like this game.

I'd describe it in its current shape as SCIV characters in the SCV engine with SCII feel and emphasis on movement.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back