Soulcalibur Lost Swords Beta Test Announced...

• Admin
Namco-Bandai recently announced an upcoming domestic beta test for Soulcalibur Lost Swords; which is scheduled to be released sometime by the end of the year. In case you forgot, Lost Swords is a single-player only fighting game; so chances are you may not be interested in this little title. However, the game will be free on PSN when it launches soon.

The beta test will be available between November 14 to 18. In the beta test, players will be able to test out a small portion of "Quest Mode" with Sophitia, Siegfried and Mitsurugi. In addition, players will have access to character creation and the shop. In order to try out the beta, you will simply need to download the 4gb trial when it becomes available on the Playstation Network. More information after the break [...]

UPDATE: Namco-Bandai has informed us that this "domestic" beta test is for Japan only. A Japanese PSN account will be required to download the beta. There are no plans to bring the beta test to other territories.

Lost Swords brings back some old features from the Soulcalibur series, as well as introduces a few new ones. LS re-introduces the armor break system from SC4 where you could destroy pieces of your opponent's clothes; although this time you must do a "Soul Break" move under certain conditions. Destroying your opponent's armor will drop treasure items. It also brings back a slightly altered version of SC4's Tower of Lost Souls Tag system.

001.jpg 002.jpg 003.jpg
004.jpg 006.jpg 007.jpg 008.jpg 009.jpg 010.jpg 011.jpg 012.jpg 013.jpg 014.jpg 015.jpg 016.jpg 017.jpg 018.jpg 019.jpg 020.jpg 021.jpg 022.jpg 023.jpg 024.jpg 025.jpg 026.jpg 027.jpg 028.jpg
Source: http://www.4gamer.net/games/232/G023299/20131106002/

UPDATE: Namco-Bandai has informed us that this "domestic" beta test is for Japan only. A Japanese PSN account will be required to download the beta. There are currently no plans to bring the beta test to other territories.

Last edited:
Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
I'm not getting any results when I search for it in English and I don't see how one can enter smaller katakana in the search box. I feel trolled :/

...that and I keep getting bizarre crashes now :/

All right downloading - 20 min. It's gonna be a busy night for me. Play this for a bit then go out and get my new PS4! woohoo. Thank God I took the day off tomorow.

Here this should help:

Assuming you have a Japanese PSN account, in the PSN store go up to the magnifying glass icon to enter search.

On the keypad, hit "SELECT" twice to change the character set from Hiragana to Katakana. Enter the following keys "ソウルキ" ("SOUL" or "SORU" as its pronounced)
VyVNH0L.jpg

Then it should come up:
cQ0YtJX.jpg

OuxZk0J.jpg

Download and enjoy
lDXM4Tr.jpg

If you lose and it brings you to the PS Store, don't freak out.
Since it's the beta "tokens" or whatever are free.

(... Doesn't seem like they're infinite though! Red text shows up after you redeem them. Watch out!)

This game's %^&*in' weird. BBB? AAAA? What the hell is this?

Last edited:
The losing screen with character's losing pose is back to laugh at you at the end of a match:

cvc69EW.jpg

... then you gotta pay to play - lol. Play it up while it's still free!

Yes, I'm guessing it's loading from your drive and reading off a server somewhere. Needless to say, the game needs a connected internet connection to play despite being single player only. (I tried, it wont let you play without one) I'm not sure if you could play with your non-Japanese profiles however. The game will load up but I dont know what happens when it needs to access the Japanese PSN store for things like token/health, if a Japanese PSN account is required..

Also by the way if you hit Triangle, it'll pop up with an options menu where you can re-map the controls if you need to. Also the usual video/audio can be adjusted to and you can change the voice from Japanese to English if you desire. Unfortunately I dont think there is anyway to change the menu/navigation options to English in this beta which I doubt has any region localization included.

Last edited:
So.

Apparently, some missions have an AP cost (assuming "action points"). You run out of points, they regenerate over time, or you pay. That is to say, even if you're acing things, you'll eventually run out of points.

You get more points as you RANKU UPPU so the deeper you are, the more you get to play... (but I'm assuming the AP costs start rising like our deficit. Ha!)

I'll upload some video for the non-cheating J-PSN cats in a little bit.

I am disturbed that after Tekken Revolution, there is no practice mode here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
isisabraham
Back