Soulcalibur V coming as a Digital Download!

• Admin
Namco just announced today that Soulcalibur V will be coming as a digital download to both Playstation Network and Xbox Live this Tuesday on April 23. Though this shouldn't really matter since everyone reading this message on this website should already have a copy of the game!

The game will be available at a discounted price at $19.99. So if you haven't picked it up yet, this would be a great time to do so... especially if you don't have it for both consoles. In Europe as well, there will be a "Legendary Edition" for 29.99 which features the game and all available DLC.
SOULCALIBUR™V is coming to Xbox® Live Games on Demand and PlayStation®Store!

The latest entry in the premier weapons-based head-to-head fighting series continues with the epic struggle of warriors in search for the legendary Soul Swords.

SOULCALIBUR™V will be available for 19.99€/19.99$ in Europe, North America, Middle East, Africa and Australasia for download on April 23rd, 2013 on Xbox® LIVE Games on Demand.
It will be available on the PlayStation®Network for 19.99€/19.99$, on April 23rd for North America and on April 24th for Europe, North America, Middle East, Africa and Australasia.
In addition to the stand-alone version of SoulCalibur V is coming to Xbox® LIVE Games on Demand and via the PlayStation®Network, an exclusive SOULCALIBUR™V: Legendary Edition will also be available for download in Europe, Middle East, Africa and Australasia for download for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system for 29.99€.

The Legendary Edition includes the full game, plus the additional character Dampierre and the downloadable costumes and armor sets.

Last edited:
Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
you don't get what i'm saying. have you been reading further back? i talking about when i have to state the same thing multiple times.

ps. do i have you on my friend's list on PS3 or is that another NinjaGuy?
Yeah, I've followed the argument all the way through actually. Lol I have no life. :P and Yeah that's me. We played Dead or Alive sometimes; I main Helena.

Well, i have discovered what was the problem, it seems that the legendary edition doesn't include "all" downloable content, there is no cepheus pack 4 neither the scv character suits (including the 2 classic ones from sc4)you have to buy them apart. The rest of the stuff, including dampierre and the collectors edition armours are in.

Hell, how much i hate this industry.

If you guys are gonna continue bickering, can you chill the fuck out with the meme shit? God, so many fucking "lel le face palm over 9000 XD!!11!" pics. That shit wasn't funny to begin with so posting it 8 or 9 more times doesn't make it any more so.

Well, i have discovered what was the problem, it seems that the legendary edition doesn't include "all" downloable content, there is no cepheus pack 4 neither the scv character suits (including the 2 classic ones from sc4)you have to buy them apart. The rest of the stuff, including dampierre and the collectors edition armours are in.

Hell, how much i hate this industry.
Just out of curiosity, have you reached level 53 yet, so we can tell for sure they weren't included in the Legendary Edition? An easy way to check should be to just delete everything SCV:y on your machine besides your save file and then re-dowloading the Legendary Edition. Logically, if certain packs are not included, their compatibility packs shouldn't automatically download either.

Anyway, if the Legendary Edition doesn't include all packs, someone needs to threaten Namco Bandai with a lawsuit and/or start an online campaign to bring further attention to this (contact Kotaku).

From Namco Bandai's press release: "The Legendary Edition includes the full game, plus the additional character, Dampierre, and the downloadable costumes and armor sets."

I can't seem find the Legendary Edition anywhere on Live's homepage (neither the UK or Swedish site) or on the Marketplace to check what the Live description is. Was it discontinued?

There's still no confirmation from Sony regarding backwards compatibility for digital releases, but there's no reason for it not to work. As for the DLC... we'll have to see. Not releasing the "Legendary Edition" in America is a dick move though, they probably did it because they know that's where all the big DLC money comes from.

There's really no difference between physical and digital other than the disc... Both versions require a Cell processor to run, which the PS4 won't have. The question remains if the PS4 will be able to recognize which PS3 disc you put in it and allow you to stream it from their servers, or let you stream whatever games you bought digitally... (My bet is no to both, and they'll only have a limited library for streaming)

I don't see an "every" or "all" in there.
"Incues [...] the downloadable costume and armor sets" is generally taken to mean "Includes [...][all of the] downloadable costume and armor sets". Ask anyone who teaches English and/or has an English degree and they'll tell you that the "the" is pretty much interchangeable with "all of the" when "the" is used in a sentence like this. They'll also tell you that in no way can the phrase "Includes [...] the downloadable costume and armor sets" be interpreted as "Includes [...] some of the downloadable costume and armor sets".

This is deceptive marketing, at best.

I'm not saying it's not what it implies, I'm saying that's not exactly what they said, since people were bringing up lawsuits.
Deceptive advertising is actually illegal. You don't have to come out and say it outright, only heavily imply it in any that any reasonable human being would "misinterpret" your words the "right" way, for it to constitute deceptive advertising.

That said, I can't find the Legendary Edition on the Xbox Live Marketplace anymore to see what the actual Xbox Live Marketplace description is. Have the taken it down?

That said, I can't find the Legendary Edition on the Xbox Live Marketplace anymore to see what the actual Xbox Live Marketplace description is. Have the taken it down?
I believe it is exclusive to Europe, Africa, Australia, and the Middle East.

I believe it is exclusive to Europe, Africa, Australia, and the Middle East.
I live in Sweden (Europe). I also checked the United Kingdom marketplace (on my computer, I checked the Swedish marketplace both on my computer and through my Xbox 360) and it wasn't there either.

Why would they make something and not want it to sell? Is their mission to drive SC into the ground greater than their corporate greed?
Uh, yeah. Selling about twenty separate DLC outfits for $2 a piece is significantly more profitable than selling all of them AND Dampierre together for $10.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philmckrackon
Back