Soulcalibur VI General Roster Speculation Thread

SoulCalibur VI: which 3 characters do you most hope for?

• A brand new character

• Amy

• Cassandra

• Hilde

• Hwang/Yunsung and/or Lizardman

• Rock

• Setsuka

• Viola

• Z.W.E.I.

• Other: Abyss, Algol, Dampierre, Elysium, Leixia, Li Long, Patroklos, etc.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Inferno/elysium. Souledge and soulcalibur.
Would make sense if Elysium was on the left and Inferno was on the right. But we're not getting Elysium, unless you're saying Azwel is Elysium. But Azwel is more Algol than anything else. Obviously evil, though, so him being on the far right makes perfect sense. I put Hwang in the top left because he's a heroic type, not because he has a rivalry with Azwel. Because rivalries are pretty much shot with Seong Mi-na/Voldo and Yoshimitsu/Cervantes.

People need to stop acting like a demo screen, a completely lopsided one that we know is incomplete, that contradicts what was stated and teased before, is now the ultimate, finished, undisputed, end-all-be-all, set in stone, encased in lava version of the final roster.

1. It's already been stated and shown there will be more than 20 base characters. It was made clear right away that it was NOT the final roster.
2. Lizardman, Hwang and Inferno could easily fit in the select to balance out the set. All three of which have been hinted at before in some form or another given their styles and roles are confirmed in the story itself.
3. DLC would logically go in its own slot. Sure, some would say that's dumb, but I know a lot of games do that. I'd expect an update later that properly integrates them.
4. That was, as mentioned, a DEMO screen. We know that for sure that it's not the final build. Even if it were, we also know they could easily hide unrevealed characters they don't want people to see.
5. We have 47 days left until launch and one more big event (TGS). Are we really to believe they'll have nothing more to show for the game when there are clearly more characters? After the Tira debacle it'd be unwise to show off the DLC too early.

People need to stop acting like a demo screen, a completely lopsided one that we know is incomplete, that contradicts what was stated and teased before, is now the ultimate, finished, undisputed, end-all-be-all, set in stone, encased in lava version of the final roster.

1. It's already been stated and shown there will be more than 20 base characters. It was made clear right away that it was NOT the final roster.
2. Lizardman, Hwang and Inferno could easily fit in the select to balance out the set. All three of which have been hinted at before in some form or another given their styles and roles are confirmed in the story itself.
3. DLC would logically go in its own slot. Sure, some would say that's dumb, but I know a lot of games do that. I'd expect an update later that properly integrates them.
4. That was, as mentioned, a DEMO screen. We know that for sure that it's not the final build. Even if it were, we also know they could easily hide unrevealed characters they don't want people to see.
5. We have 47 days left until launch and one more big event (TGS). Are we really to believe they'll have nothing more to show for the game when there are clearly more characters? After the Tira debacle it'd be unwise to show off the DLC too early.
Code:
           Hwang       Siegfried    Zasalamel  Nightmare  Azwel
           Xianghua    Maxi         Sophitia   Astaroth   Ivy
           Yoshimitsu  Kilik        DLC2       Grøh       Cervantes
DLC4       Talim       Mitsurugi    Geralt     Taki       Inferno    DLC6
Lizardman  CaS         Seong Mi-na  Raphael    Voldo      Random     Tira

Addresses what you're saying and still manages to fit the DLC in without a dedicated DLC slot, which would be dumb, and Tekken doesn't do it either.

Would make sense if Elysium was on the left and Inferno was on the right. But we're not getting Elysium, unless you're saying Azwel is Elysium. But Azwel is more Algol than anything else. Obviously evil, though, so him being on the far right makes perfect sense. I put Hwang in the top left because he's a heroic type, not because he has a rivalry with Azwel. Because rivalries are pretty much shot with Seong Mi-na/Voldo and Yoshimitsu/Cervantes.

Its not really appropriate to consider bosses "evil" anymore these days because villains are selected and brought through the story to fight a boss same as a hero. We really dont know everything about Azwel yet and its premature to call him a true villain. If nothing else, he appears to wield both weapons. He may be more neutral than anything else.

I'm saying Elysium will appear as a more or less recolored Inferno, basically the same character, on the same slot but with the other sword.

Damn i saw the libra of soul trailer and thought him Indian
Screenshot_2018-09-01 Azwel.png

The events may have happened in India, but they did not say that the villain is from India ...

Well, now we know for certain that the small white circles are in fact character slots. We also know this reveal was an accident and these two characters were likely meant to be the hype engine for this entire month—arguably the most crucial month before the game's release. Given these things, the Azwel leak, and the fact that we've already seen one of the four DLC characters, I think the four remaining slots on the screen are in fact DLC characters.

I know people are seeing two slots left in the main "square" and concluding in wishful thinking that they're for two more base-roster characters, but If we're being honest with ourselves that's grasping at straws. Why would they go out of their way to show open slots for some, but not all, of the DLC characters right away? Whichever way you slice it there would still be a slot missing or making the selection screen asymmetrical.

The more obvious solution to this puzzle is Tira in the bottom slot, DLC 1 next to Siegfried, and DLC 3 and 4 swapping places with random and CaS once they come out. This would make the character selection screen of the final product a perfect square with five rows and five columns, neatly organized into one uninterrupted block. It makes sense aesthetically, it fits what we know about the size of the season pass, and most obviously it matches perfectly with the substantial Azwel leak which also correctly described Libra of Soul. Unless you're looking to disappoint yourself, temper your expectations and be happy with this roster which could very well be final.

The worst case scenario, though one I'd be perfectly happy with in all honesty, would be that the original leak with Hwang and Lizardman is in fact correct, but those last two characters are DLC along with Tira and a second guest undecided as of the localization of the game. While unfortunate for fans of characters like Setsuka and Cassandra, it does accommodate every piece of data we have.

Code:
           Hwang       Siegfried    Zasalamel  Nightmare  Azwel
           Xianghua    Maxi         Sophitia   Astaroth   Ivy
           Yoshimitsu  Kilik        DLC2       Grøh       Cervantes
DLC4       Talim       Mitsurugi    Geralt     Taki       Inferno    DLC6
Lizardman  CaS         Seong Mi-na  Raphael    Voldo      Random     Tira

Addresses what you're saying and still manages to fit the DLC in without a dedicated DLC slot, which would be dumb, and Tekken doesn't do it either.
I'm inclined to believe that Lizardman would be with Nightmare, Ivy and Astaroth on the select screen. It'd make sense.

Give Edge Master Setsuka/Alpha Patroklos' style. Please the tournament/comp players, unfortunately piss off the Setsuka fans but hey, at least it's not Patroklos, Edge Master retains lore canonity as a master of difficult and unwieldy fighting styles, and it's not a mimic.

Generic mimic is Inferno. Other Season Pass DLC characters are Lizardman (with a S&S), and a Korean.

Rich (BB code):
Edge Master | Siegfried | Zasalamel | Nightmare | Azwel
Xianghua | Maxi | Sophitia | Astaroth | Ivy
Yoshimitsu | Kilik | Inferno | Grøh | Cervantes
Talim | Mitsurugi | Geralt | Taki | Tira
Korean | CaS | Seong Mi-na | Raphael | Voldo | Random | Lizardman

Not the best case scenario but I personally think it sounds plausible.

@AMillionHP -- In that they've broken the trend, then that means the rest of the slots are not necessarily governed by that rule anymore, which is why Hwang, not being a rival to Azwel, but still being a heroic figure, would be fitting in the upper left corner. Rivalries still do exist, but it's not an absolute rule anymore, so the top left doesn't have to be linked to Azwel at all, now.

@Norik -- The problem with all four of them being DLC slots remains us staring at blank slots for months. That's terrible for PR. I also don't believe they'll be swapping around the slots for CaS and Random... if they were going to do that, then why didn't they just put those slots in their intended spots in the first place? They haven't moved any other slots since they've been revealed, so I'm not sure why they would start now. Using my first possible speculation from earlier, it would make sense if they swiveled down the two side slots and made a sixth row, with the last three DLC characters in the middle, if they were going to be moving any slots around. But I think I like the alternative better, where the DLC guest goes in the middle, and the other two DLC characters go above where I have Lizardman and Tira.

@Nyte -- You know I agree with you about putting Lizardman in the upper right, as I've been fighting for Schwarzstrom for the longest time, but if we're taking that Azwel is set in stone, that doesn't give us much other option. I put him in the lower left next to CaS paying tribute to that we can make CaS Lizardmen now. It's a bit flimsy, sure, but they've broken the trend of rivalries on the slots, now, so it's kind of got me frazzled as to where to put everyone else. That's the best I've got. Unless you put Lizardman under Cervantes and put Inferno in the lower left corner, but putting Inferno on the left at all is just wrong. And I'm not believing @AMillionHP that Elysium makes it into the game along with Inferno, and I don't think Edge Master has a chance, either.

@LisaK -- Cassandra over Lizardman is possible, but I doubt it, however Yun-seong over Hwang, I don't think so, basically impossible. This is Hwang's time period, and he has story to attend to with Seong Mi-na. Cassandra will have some story involvement with Sophitia after she returns home, but that feels more like DLC to me, like Tira's story will be, not really related to the story, but a nice addition. Yun-seong's story really doesn't begin until SoulCalibur II, where this story will only approach but not start SoulCalibur II, so Yun-seong is the most far-fetched inclusion to me, even as DLC.

It's a little farfetched, but it's better than the ass-pull they tried with Patroklos.

If its going to be like that i hope he is something of a "dump" for every missing moveset, not jist Set's. So you just select him and then select the weapon you want. Obviously people would prefer to have their full characters but its a better alternative to nothing.

If its going to be like that i hope he is something of a "dump" for every missing moveset, not jist Set's. So you just select him and then select the weapon you want. Obviously people would prefer to have their full characters but its a better alternative to nothing.

That's actually quite an interesting concept for a mimic, though I doubt anyone of them could even come up with a way to make this a viable reality. That is, without everyone complaining that they might as well add the actual character into the game.

Back