Soulcalibur VI Petition

Do you support an update for SCV and/or SC6?

• Yes

Votes: 249 97.3%
  • No

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
Hey guys. So, after looking at all the updates and releases they have been doing for Tekken, DOA, SF, Smash, Lost Swords, etc, I figured that it's about time WE (the main SCV make) get something as well. They have time to create swimsuits and thongs for Pyrrha, they should have time to put DLC characters or patches as well.

With that said, I would like to get the entirety of what's known as the Soulcalibur community and tweet to @hoshino_calibur, @Harada_TEKKEN, @JKartje or Namco for a patch, update, or DLC to the mainstream game. We deserve some support as well. I know the French, German, and Japanese community are willing to support this too once this "movement" gets started. You can tweet for a whole new game if you want, the point of this is to speak up for something, unless you're all ok with letting Lost Swords have everything.

Namco can ignore a few people, even a handful, but they can't ignore an entire community across countries reaching out to them for this. Will you guys support this?

• Few & short or no combos, & more poking zoning mixUp gameplay.
  • As fast pasted action like Sc2's speed, no faster or slower than that.
  • Wall jumps.
  • Very brief colored blade swings with low opacity like in Sc2.
  • New cast, new story, same & renewed move lists. Or dream game like TTT games.
  • No unnecessary detailed designs on characters & stages, its just a waste of memory etc at the expense of frame rate.
  • Ukemi traps.
  • Are you serious? Combos are awesome to pull off! Having no combos would be boring. It would be a field day for noobs as all you would have to do it spam different inputs.
  • SC2 was fairly slow in my opinion, SC4 has a more realistic speed but I would prefer the speed of SCIII.
  • Wall jumps wouldn't suit most characters. Plus, in SCV Natsu can wall jump, but it suits the Ninja type characters anyway.
  • Well in SCV you can change the colour of them so you could make them low opacity anyway.
  • No, just no. That's a terrible idea. People complained about a few characters being removed for SCV, a reboot would just make every single fan rage.
  • Seriously? How is having detailed characters and stages "unnecessary"? The detail is absolutely stunning on stages and seeing the level of detail they put into character models is great. It doesn't affect frame rate at all. Having these details are one of the great things about the series.
  • You can already do these.

This series has been running at 60 fps since SC1 on the Dreamcast. Also, motion blurr like in Tekken was already a thing in SCV.

what
Here, some candy for you:
Computing calculation wise yea, even GGXX games runs at 60frames, but not in refresh rate images. Look at sf4, it is 60fps but it sure doesnt look as smooth as tekken6 let alone COD games.

• Are you serious? Combos are awesome to pull off! Having no combos would be boring. It would be a field day for noobs as all you would have to do it spam different inputs.

This first one makes no sense. If you can't do combos, then you definitely cannot "spam different inputs" because it wouldn't even connect. Thus it would be even less noob friendly (you would be punished for not connecting combos and whiffing rather than cobbling together some custom mash-input combo).

We need more combo scaling to prevent another Viola situation where she fuels her own meter after each combo.

I don´t like all the SC2 mechanics ideas in a next installment to be honst. SCV engine is fine. Just strenghten GI again(meterless, two directions like in SC for Dreamcast), get rid of JUST GUARD(because it´s JUST "SHIT")! and adjust/tweak critical edges or remove them but keep brave edges. More Single player conten i.e weapon demonstrations/missions and keep SCV netcode at the very least.

Just strenghten GI again(meterless, two directions like in SC for Dreamcast)
Two direction GI is sc2 only. Sc3, 4 & 5 are tuned versions of sc1.

Sc2 stands different from the series, unique still. There are no other sc2 games as there are 3 other sc1 games. It is almost like Street Fighter games that tend to have sf, sfChampionEdition, sfTurbo, SuperSF, SuperSFTurbo, etc. Versions from the same base model, in this case, SC1. Is like, there's se/b, sc1/3/4/5 & sc2, just three games.

Im kinda tire of replaying SC1 in another dress. Like one of the early post in this topic says "i want sc6, not a SuperSc5 game".

Last edited:
You are right, 2 direction Gi is SC2 only, but then this is the only thing I really like. And you think SC5 is a variation of SC1!? I don´t think so...

Even then, I like some more SC1 style of games so I would be OK with that.

Are you serious? Combos are awesome to pull off! Having no combos would be boring. It would be a field day for noobs as all you would have to do it spam different inputs.
Ok, when player1 performs a combo of like 3 to 5 inputs, player2 can just sit & watch while not needing to input anything cause of course, player2 is getting combo-ed. This means that durning a combo one of the players stops playing until the combo is finished or failed. Sound to me like one player gets fun & other player doesnt as in not doing anything cause thats how combo are. Now look at long combos like in Tekken or Mvc games. At that rate, combos could be long enough that if my rival starts a combo on me, i can release my controller, go to the bathroom, piss, wash my hands, comeout, grab my controller & my rival would be almost finishing his/her combo. On top of that, combos are rigid replays of inputs with little to no improvising. Improvising is an essential aspect from both heart & mind in the adaptive dancing of mutual contest.
So, the lesser combos, the more gameplay there can be cause it wouldnt be consumed by a long, sometimes infinite combo.
Plus, there are already combo based or focused fighting games, sc dont need to be one of them when it already has such freely 3d gameplay. I look at a mvc players getting combo-ed & they look bored cause all they can do is sit & watch.
Sc5 being more combo driven happens to have less moves per character than all sc games, A+K moves are out in general. Sc5 is more like SimplerCalibur5: SoulNewbs in that matter. In this sense, sc2 is still a simple game to catch too, just with more option TO PLAY WITH. Anyone can learn & apply combos from either game tutorials, forums, vids etc. But to defend yourself to victory is unique to each player choice of defense base on the game's mechanics. Afterall, martial arts is petsonal defense, & fighting games are based from martial arts. Does it makes sense?
Less combos means more mutual activity between players during rounds.

• SC2 was fairly slow in my opinion, SC4 has a more realistic speed but I would prefer the speed of SCIII.
Yes, is your opinion, & I can suggest you to play through sc games again, for re-spotting the difference.

• [*]Wall jumps wouldn't suit most characters. Plus, in SCV Natsu can wall jump, but it suits the Ninja type characters anyway.
    :)well, they dont look that awkward in sc2.

• [*]Well in SCV you can change the colour of them so you could make them low opacity anyway.
    No, i cant. Just the color & brightness, not even saturation. If sc5 had as good motionBlur as T6, it wouldnt need added blade shades of such saturated colors. There's a youtube vid of an emulated sc2 on dolphin pc running at hd & motion blur that almost makes it look like a cg movie. It just look more vivid, & epic graphic-wise. looks better than our current sc2hdo.

• [*]No, just no. That's a terrible idea. People complained about a few characters being removed for SCV, a reboot would just make every single fan rage.
    I dont know if is just me, but namco kinda dont care anymore for our beloved characters & it shows, since sc4 at least. Our beloved characters are fish-hooks to our pockets now.

• [*]Seriously? How is having detailed characters and stages "unnecessary"? The detail is absolutely stunning on stages and seeing the level of detail they put into character models is great. It doesn't affect frame rate at all. Having these details are one of the great things about the series.
    Well, i remember how looking at my rival's character' s hyper realistic skin texture, help me defeat them.
  • On the contrary, more frames really aids for spot-confirm-react metagame. For example, KillZone2 have blockbuster cinema graphics running at AROUND 30fps or lower, & COD with good graphics running at 60fps. In both games durning a cross-shooting, a rival runs across your line of sight, trying to headshooting them is a different senario cause in KZ2 lower frame rate does make moving objects appear to be skipping through the screen, in contrast to COD all objects are smoothly perceived.
  • Console-computing-wise, all games run at 60f, but the visual-refresh-rate is hindered by intricate size textures in the game cause it consume memory to display, most of these game's visual-refresh-rate is lowered to sometimes below 30f by the compiler to avoid "overclocking" the almighty next gen consoles. MAG had greatly realistic textures on the ground which i would never at during a shooting cause i had to be aiming & shooting my moving rival whom looked sometimes like skipping in air as they cause the console was busy rendering that floor that i never paid attention to during a shooting.
  • Next gen game developers have (imo) misused their next gen power to creat hyper realistic skipping images, instead of optimize smooth motion during game which aids the player where the intricate texturing doesnt. Except Infinityward developers, & by any means im no COD fan, but im very aware of their seemingly exclusive well use of console power & optimized visuals.

Last edited:
Reactions: You
Ok, when player1 performs a combo of like 3 to 5 inputs, player2 can just sit & watch while not needing to input anything cause of course, player2 is getting combo-ed. This means that durning a combo one of the players stops playing until the combo is finished or failed. Sound to me like one player gets fun & other player doesnt as in not doing anything cause thats how combo are. Now look at long combos like in Tekken or Mvc games. At that rate, combos could be long enough that if my rival starts a combo on me, i can release my controller, go to the bathroom, piss, wash my hands, comeout, grab my controller & my rival would be almost finishing his/her combo. On top of that, combos are rigid replays of inputs with little to no improvising. Improvising is an essential aspect from both heart & mind in the adaptive dancing of mutual contest.
So, the lesser combos, the more gameplay there can be cause it wouldnt be consumed by a long, sometimes infinite combo.
Plus, there are already combo based or focused fighting games, sc dont need to be one of them when it already has such freely 3d gameplay. I look at a mvc players getting combo-ed & they look bored cause all they can do is sit & watch.
Sc5 being more combo driven happens to have less moves per character than all sc games, A+K moves are out in general. Sc5 is more like SimplerCalibur5: SoulNewbs in that matter. In this sense, sc2 is still a simple game to catch too, just with more option TO PLAY WITH. Anyone can learn & apply combos from either game tutorials, forums, vids etc. But to defend yourself to victory is unique to each player choice of defense base on the game's mechanics. Afterall, martial arts is petsonal defense, & fighting games are based from martial arts. Does it makes sense?
Less combos means more mutual activity between players during rounds.

Yes, is your opinion, & I can suggest you to play through sc games again, for re-spotting the difference.

• :)well, they dont look that awkward in sc2.

• No, i cant. Just the color & brightness, not even saturation. If sc5 had as good motionBlur as T6, it wouldnt need added blade shades of such saturated colors. There's a youtube vid of an emulated sc2 on dolphin pc running at hd & motion blur that almost makes it look like a cg movie. It just look more vivid, & epic graphic-wise. looks better than our current sc2hdo.

• I dont know if is just me, but namco kinda dont care anymore for our beloved characters & it shows, since sc4 at least. Our beloved characters are fish-hooks to our pockets now.

• Well, i remember how looking at my rival's character' s hyper realistic skin texture, help me defeat them.
Well if you personally can't get out of combos that wouldn't be a problem so maybe you should practice on escaping combos :)

I have every Soulcalibur game (from Soul Blade to Lost Swords, I don't have Legends or Unbreakable Soul) and SC2 IS considerably slow. SC3 is the perfect speed.

Well if you just pick the colour set the code like this "9:43,01" for example, that way the colour looks less saturated. Or you know, don't complain about such a stupid thing?

Yes, but that was with the old producer! The new producer is trying to revitalize the classic characters as he prefers them over the new ones so yeah...

It doesn't help defeat them, it's just good to having hi-poly models. Unless you wanna fight with pixels on the screen, then play Soul Blade.

Your ideas for an SC6 are absolutely terrible. How you ever played and enjoyed the classic games is beyond me.

Well if you personally can't get out of combos that wouldn't be a problem so maybe you should practice on escaping combos :)
Stun Combos cant be scaped, thats why they are combos (guarantee damage rings a bell), only air hits can be Air Control away, & thats sc games only, combos in general in other fighting games (except some in ssb game) cant be escaped. :D go back to zleep. No more eyes or ears from me to you, enjoy yourself, cause you are funny Mr. Lol.

Stun Combos cant be scaped, thats why they are combos (guarantee damage rings a bell), only air hits can be Air Control away, & thats sc games only, combos in general in other fighting games (except some in ssb game) cant be escaped. :D go back to zleep. No more eyes or ears from me to you, enjoy yourself, cause you are funny Mr. Lol.
You really need to get a friend and train with them. Let the do combos on you, stun combos. You can't escape ALL stun combos but you will notice some stuns are called "recoverable stun" hence you can recover from it. Combos that start with a recoverable stun or have a recoverable stun in them are escapable! And it is possible to get out of proper stuns too but it is a lot harder to do.

And like HyrdroJamesAqua just said you can Ukemi out of combos too.

How often do you actually play Soulcalibur? All this is possible, you just need to train more :)

Live streams

6 Viewers
duskybook342150
duskybook342150
💙🙃💋 adult content [18+] and 420 friendly, 🎙️mic optional

This week's events

SoulCalibur VI EVO Japan side event
Ariake GYM-EX, Tokyo (Tokyo Big Site)
3-chōme-11-1 Ariake, Koto City, Tokyo 135-0063, Japan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members