SoulCaliburTier

Xeph

#TRYHARD
I made a thread awhile back pertaining to a "potential project" I had in mind. Just to recap, this "project" has been in the making since then, and we're finally up and recording. What to expect from SCTier? Partisan, I and a few other contributors will be bringing you everything and anything Soul Calibur. From tutorials of game mechanics, specific character observations, and even Podcast's on various subject. The discussion on this project sparked a lot of interest, and a lot of members of our community here have shown nothing but support for SCTier.

With all that said, I want to thank everyone who showed support during the waiting period. SCTier will be updating on here, 8Wayrun, Twitter, Tumblr, Youtube, and soon a Facebook page. So stay tuned.

SCTier would appreciate it if you would also take the chance to follow us via Twitter @SCTier.
We also will be updating our Tumblr with articles, general updates, and potential recordings. You can find us here- http://soulcaliburtier.tumblr.com/

Our video's will be uploaded via 8wayrun media, and our YouTube account found here- http://www.youtube.com/user/soulcaliburtier

If you haven't already, feel free to follow Partisan and my personal Twitter account as well.
@SCPartisan
@Xephukai
(and again, of course, @SCTier)

All that said, here's our first "PRE-TOURNAMENT" Podcast, covering APEX. Hope you enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Will you be doing anything for SCR? Like aftermath stuff or even recording some matches and posting them on your channel?

We currently have plans to do another "Pre-tourney" interview for SCR (and probably any other upcoming majors) as well as an aftermath type deal for that as well as Apex this weekend.

Aside from that, Xeph has talked about recording matches at SCR for some additional coverage, so stay tuned for those too!

Yes looking forward to the recorded matches. People will always downplay their main, heh they can't help it.

How often do you plan to make videos? Scheduled times or at random time frames between uploads?

Forgive me if you have already specified.

Well right now Xeph and I have about 4 videos planned. 3 of them will be event coverage/interviews for (Apex 2013 and SCR) and the other one will be regarding the EVO lineup announcement + some other things.

After all of that though we'll be diving into the gameplay related content with stuff like tutorials, gameplay analyses, anti-videos and everything in between!

Yo I enjoyed the interview with Jimbo. Keep up the good work guys. =]

Just finished editing. Still have to render and upload but the plan is to have it up by tomorrow morning or earlier!

Also want to remind everyone that we will be getting into the "meatier" content within the coming weeks. If you have anything you'd like to see, topics you'd like to hear about or players you'd like us to talk to, feel free to hit us up! You know where to find us!

I just watched the last podcast. It was amazing. Keep it up guys. I wish these were in an easier to find spot. Why are these not on the front page? The last podcast is EXCELLENT content that really puts the community in a great light.

I just watched the last podcast. It was amazing. Keep it up guys. I wish these were in an easier to find spot. Why are these not on the front page? The last podcast is EXCELLENT content that really puts the community in a great light.
We were discussing this last night- we need someone who can put front page articles up. We'll be looking for someone for this last one, and the future projects.

Also, update, SCR+Apex Aftermath podcast was finished last night. stay tuned!

Apex/SCR 2013 aftermath podcast is up:

Since this podcast actually had me speaking a lot for once, please let me know how the sound was. There were a few connection issues throughout the podcast, but as far as volume levels and clarity goes, I think there is room for improvement. Lemme know!

Also, in regards to future content (actual videos), what do you guys want to see? Tutorials? Match videos/analysis? Character breakdowns?

Give us some ideas!

Last edited by a moderator:
More guest stars like lolo, RTD, omega, xcn, hawkeye, ramon of course, thuggish, kayane if possible, you know the whole bunch.. even guest stars like human typhoon, get your boy reptile on there, even Eli or Oofmatic.. Oh and mikosu is hot business too! DIME, Enkindu.. there are so many awesome people. I'd love to hear some reminiscing about past events.. Perhaps record a few fights before-hand and commentate them together as a group.. Even ridiculous matches, or those crazy bugs you find.. dig up some Korean footage or Singapore footage.. analyze it together or something.

I love these podcasts man! It's great to finally see it become realized.

Also, in regards to future content (actual videos), what do you guys want to see? Tutorials? Match videos/analysis? Character breakdowns?

Give us some ideas!

I would be interested in analysis of character's weaknesses. For example, I've heard xeph say multiple times that maxi has "holes" which make him bad. What are these holes? And not just maxi, what are the holes in each character. What is a top players mindset against each character? "Oh I gotta stay in close vs XCharacter" "I gotta give YCharacter some space" "Always be sidestepping vs ZCharacter". So I guess not so much character tutorials, as much as anti-tutorials. Start at the top of the tierlist and work your way down.

Back