Spectator cast Episode 1: Just Spectating

coolcmcgee

trash of 8wayrun
hello 8wayrun this is the start of a somewhat regular podcast featuring @ZeroEffect317 ,@WindofMitsu, @Fuzion, and myself. we hope to record and upload these twice a month. In future episodes we plan to livestream the podcast so that we can take viewer feedback/questions live.
things to expect from this podcast:
-discussion of game mechanics
-"fighting game philosphy" - Fuzion
-general fighting game or fgc related news
- Video analysis
please enjoy (or don't im not your boss) and give us any feedback or topics you would like to tell us.
topics for this episode include:
1. Evo 2015 Lineup http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2015/jan/20/evo-2015-game-announcement-live-stream-taking-place-now/
2. Jaimie Lee Curtis is attending evo? http://www.esportsmax.com/news/evo-2015-goes-hollywood-jamie-lee-curtis-could-be-bringing-her-son
3. Will Wind ever defeat IRM?
4. can player skill/hard reads make a bad character good or better
5. "80% of the people that play this game don't understand whats going on." - Xephukai
6. Just Guard- some people like it, some people dont, how do you feel about it?
7. Bad habits or things people seem to struggle with
8.•Sacrificing higher damage for better setup - do you like to do that? how much damage are you willing to give up?

extra notes: Fuzion hates burritos and IRM sucks at Marvel super heroes

Last edited:
Just finished the whole podcast @coolcmcgee . I enjoyed the whole thing and wouldn't mine turning in for another one. Any idea or set date when the next one will be ?
we do not have anything set in stone right now but the next one will probably be sometime next week

@coolcmcgee Cool, I'll be looking forward to the next one then. As for the bad habits topic I agree with whiff punishing grabs with another grab is what a lot of intermediate skilled players struggle with. Me for example as a Yoshimitsu main used to do this pretty much all the time when you really should just be going for a 6K whiff punish. Ever since I've go into the habit of using Yoshimitsus' 6K for my whiff punish it has improved my game by a lot. Since his 6K wall splats it leads into one deadly wall combo for 100+ damage and makes for decent oki or ringout too !

Good job on the podcast everyone !

here is the next Spectator cast now with timestamps

Spectator cast #2: Blame Wind
Topics:

1.How did you get your start in competitive fighting games? 00:56
and what makes calibur stand out to you among other games
2.How hard do you take your loses? 12:05
3.Defense vs offense 24:35
4.Red Bull Kumite 30:53
5.Esports professionalism vs the FGC raw and uncut community - which do you advocate and why? 34:32
6.Do Godlike players become irrelevant because they are no longer active? 51:35
7.is this game dead? if not how much does the public perception of this game affect it? 58:18
8.Would SC get more popularity if a more popular person/idol streamed it 1:06:32
9.#BlameWind 1:16:00
10.What is your opinion on coaching during matches? 1:17:53
11. Shots Fired 1:21:40
( i apologize for the darth vader breathing)

Spectator Cast #4 featuring WinterBrawl 9 Champion @JJJ .

time stamps:
0:20 JJJ is first guest
1:18 a little about the champ
3:09 matches JJJ was impressed with
6:43 Marginal's rage face
10:40 Saltface is Salty
14:02 taunts and popoffs
20:50 What the Hell
29:13 ZeroEffect's run through losers
36:12 WB9 cosplay contest was rigged
40:41 best beard in calibur community
48:20 how do you pick your characters?, how should people pick there characters?
1:13:08 counterpicking

I apologize for some of the audio problems towards the end of this podcast
@ZeroEffect317 , @WindofMitsu @Fuzion

Spectator Cast #5: featuring @Malice

Timestamps:

00:44 a little about Malice
6:10 growing a scene
19:18 taking games on pause?
29:25 Doa Costume Ban
40:58 Nitti winning FR cosplay $$$
42:45 Hard Work vs talent
1:15:20 FinalRound 18?
1:25:20 what makes commentary good or bad?
1:39:30 this man ain't heard of Pokchop
1:41:20 Wind breaks the stream

sorry for audio issues againj

just quick feedback about the podcast:

definitely going to need some better microphones,
sound proof your room a bit so you can clear out some of that background noise Because the mic's you're using now is capturing everything, and that added with your voices it muffles everything and really takes me out of it.

in terms of the content, it seems cool but I would think a little bit more about the presentation of your content.
Right now it's a struggle for me to listen to more than 5 minutes of this because of the sound quality. I like that you guys added a table of content because that really makes things easier to find topics that I'm interested in listening to, but I also feel it's not really needed. If you guys want to get recognized and want people to listen in on the full podcast, just give a brief summary on what you guys will be discussing.

also.. speak clearly. You guys have to understand that talking on the radio is kind of different than talking naturally, and when you're speaking on the mic, you have to watch out for pops and "s" sounds so speaking succinctly and enunciating will definitely get people to want to listen more.

but a lot of the issues are coming from poor mics.

but fun stuff regardless. I look forward to hearing more from you guys in the future.

just quick feedback about the podcast:

definitely going to need some better microphones,
sound proof your room a bit so you can clear out some of that background noise Because the mic's you're using now is capturing everything, and that added with your voices it muffles everything and really takes me out of it.

in terms of the content, it seems cool but I would think a little bit more about the presentation of your content.
Right now it's a struggle for me to listen to more than 5 minutes of this because of the sound quality. I like that you guys added a table of content because that really makes things easier to find topics that I'm interested in listening to, but I also feel it's not really needed. If you guys want to get recognized and want people to listen in on the full podcast, just give a brief summary on what you guys will be discussing.

also.. speak clearly. You guys have to understand that talking on the radio is kind of different than talking naturally, and when you're speaking on the mic, you have to watch out for pops and "s" sounds so speaking succinctly and enunciating will definitely get people to want to listen more.

but a lot of the issues are coming from poor mics.

but fun stuff regardless. I look forward to hearing more from you guys in the future.
Yeah im not sure why there was that buzzing in this recording that usually doesn't happen. We will make sure it does not happen Again. also we usually just have a list of topics and pick them on the fly so it is somewhat hard to say what we are talking about beforehand. Thanks for the feedback

mm not really what I was getting at. I mean when you upload your podcast, you should already know the content in which you discussed because it seems like you're uploading after the fact.

I get that you guys might be live streaming which I feel is a bad idea unless you have great equipment for it.

But again, if you're uploading your shows onto this thread, I'm saying you don't need to put a time table here. just give a brief summary and let people listen. (^ ^)V

here is the 6th SpectatorCast featuring @SCPartisan. some of the topics discussed include FinalRound 18 aftermath, Top 5 characters, and what characters people enjoy or hate playing against.

timestamps:
0:00 introductions
0:40 FinalRound 18
5:22 Canadian tournaments
7:00 what got Partisan into fighting games and why calibur?
11:35 Shinji the Demon Slayer
18:51 Fuzion the Gentleman
26:00 back to the Demon Slayer
51:04 playing top players
58:54 characters you don't like fighting against or ones you do
1:22:23 top 5 or bottom 5 characters

SpectatorCast #7 is here with special guest @IRM. on this podcast topics discussed include what defines a major?, IRM's competitive upbringing, mentors, "2A on block into 2A is the best thing ever"- IRM, how do you gauge who is the best in the world with ____ character, Throws vs lows and more.

time stamps later

Back