stepping speed tier list in this game?

MuffinMan123

[10] Knight
should be pretty easy to list, but my eyes suck at determining such things and I don't have a way to measure it. I believe the bible or match up strategy guys have solid knowledge on this so I hope someone could share it. thx

I'd like to know this as well.

Mitsurugi, Pyrrha/Omega, Aeon, and Nightmare have great movement, but are they equal?

Ditto. Off the top of my head, Nightmare and Hilde have superb step. I'll do a very simple test later and post up my impressions if no one else does. Not sure if this is mentioned in the guide.

Do you really mean stepping speed or rather stepping length?
These are two seperate things. For example Sieg has the shortest step of the whole cast but his sidestepping speed (of his QS) might actually be the best.
All the chars people listed so far have superb stepping length.

Pretty sure Damp has the best back-step. At the very least he has the best looking.
20091109054502!Moonwalk.gif

"HEE HEE"

Do you really mean stepping speed or rather stepping length?
These are two seperate things.

there's a difference? I thought pressing pad once and see how much it moved would be the way to measure it, I had no idea it would be different. I thought only 8 way run have different speed while 4 way step just have different distance per tap.

so I guess the stepping tier list could take both into account. the list is much more important now that back step blocking is impossible.

there's a difference? I thought pressing pad once and see how much it moved would be the way to measure it, I had no idea it would be different. I thought only 8 way run have different speed while 4 way step just have different distance per tap.

so I guess the stepping tier list could take both into account. the list is much more important now that back step blocking is impossible.
Well i don't know if its just a sieg thing but his QS activates faster than normal (mainly to compensate for his short steps i believe). I am not sure if there are differences between other chars in terms of speed though.

But yeah generally in terms of movement the step length matters most.

Well i don't know if its just a sieg thing but his QS activates faster than normal (mainly to compensate for his short steps i believe). I am not sure if there are differences between other chars in terms of speed though.

But yeah generally in terms of movement the step length matters most.

Oh god this is going to be a long post...

This is consistent with the testing me and my friend did in SC4. Often characters will have either fast step, or far step, but not both. From my (admittedly very fuzzy) recollection of our testing, SC4 steps looked like this:

Fast and Far Step -
- Taki

Fast step -
- Amy
- Sieg
- Xianghua (somewhat negated by the fact that her hand sticks out from her hurtbox while shes not guarding, and she gets hit by some things that she should technically be able to step on speed alone.)

Far Step -
- Raph
- Hilde
- Ivy (I'm pretty sure)
- Voldo (I think?)

I might be forgetting a couple characters, but those were the main things of note in our testing.

The point is that we discovered that not all step speeds are the same, so I'm not surprised that SC5 is the same way. We also determined that Siegfried has a very thin hurtbox while he's guarding and stepping, so there are situations where another character could only step a move with a fat hit-box to one side, but Sieg's thinner profile allowed him to step both ways. We haven't done extensive step-testing in SC5, but we did mess about with some simple stuff. Preliminary tests suggest that Sieg has retained his fast step speed.

Welp, this is about all that there really is to know:

God-Tier: Nightmare
Peasant-Tier: Everyone else

Well, I meant threads.
Like the first post of the thread, I suppose.

Anyways, the best steppers in the game are probably Nightmare, Hilde, and maybe Raph and Dampierre. Worst step probably belongs to Algol and Siegfried. Aeon has good backstep, bad sidestep.

Back